child victums of witch hunts

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
This is about the sickest thing that I have heard of in ages. Certainly nobody in this nation would associate with such people.

Deseret News | Nigerian churches wage violent witch hunts — against children

EKET, Nigeria — The 9-year-old boy lay on a bloodstained hospital sheet crawling with ants, staring blindly at the wall.

His family pastor had accused him of being a witch, and his father then tried to force acid down his throat as an exorcism. It spilled as he struggled, burning away his face and eyes. The emaciated boy barely had strength left to whisper the name of the church that had denounced him — Mount Zion Lighthouse.

A month later, he died.

Nwanaokwo Edet was one of an increasing number of children in Africa accused of witchcraft by pastors and then tortured or killed, often by family members. Pastors were involved in half of 200 cases of "witch children" reviewed by the Associated Press, and 13 churches were named in the case files.

Didn't Sarah Palin's pastor chase an old lady out of town somewhere in Africa for being a witch? I heard that somewhere. I bet if I go look it up, it will turn out to be true. Ok, let me go look it up. Yep, it's true. These Republicans. Well known conservative Kathleen Parker says the Republican Party has been hijacked and is now the Party of "Ooga Booga".

You can bet, if Obama was ever involved in this kind of nonsense, Hannity, Fox, Bill, they would all be going stark raving mad with their rhetoric and hate. There is such an incredible double standard.

Kenyan Who Blessed Palin Chases Witches at Home | Womens eNews

In June, before she joined the national race, Palin credited Muthee's blessing with her election victory while addressing her congregation. "He said, 'Lord, make a way and let her do this next step,'" she said. "And that's exactly what happened."

Saved Town From Mama Jane

In a video produced in 1999 by the Sentinel Group, a Christian research and information agency based in Lynnwood, Wash., the Kenyan pastor relates the story of how, in 1989, he saved the city of Kiambu from the clutches of crime, car accidents, speakeasies and even late-night discos by driving a particularly formidable witch called Mama Jane out of town.

that's pretty much the most horrible thing i've read all week! i wonder if that kid completely lost his faith at that moment. i seriously hope not. to say all religion is bad is ridiculous but that congregation is insane. Those children deserve way better than chastisement from their own people!

Forum List

Back