Child Molesters in Public Schools

They do back ground checks on volunteers here, I had to fill something out for my son's school.

In Arkansas you can't even be a volunteer without a background check, including fingerprinting. Our local Sheriff's office handles it for free, but I'm not sure that is SOP.

My background check was 40 dollars 15 years ago.

If you guys feel so strongly about grandparents reading in the Kindergarten class and parents working the Booster Club concession stands, perhaps you should contact your reps. I'm sure they'd love to see more legislation showing how much they care about kids.

Personally, I'd rather have that former drunken driver helping out than not.
Who is talking about former drunks? We are talking about sex offenders.

Children are a protected class and should be protected. Anyone that objects to getting a background check to work with kids can opt out and volunteer elsewhere.

I didn't say they'd be excluded )although I guess uts possible) I said that they might not want their dirty laundry shared with the school board. Its just not practical. And it certainly is not free. Someone has to pay for it.

Hillsoboro High band does not require a criminal back ground check. But volunteers are always paired off. You are never alone with the kids.

In Oregon background checks seems to be a district by district kind of thing. I had the impression when I volunteered in Portland that it was a state thing, but it looks like each district does its own thing. The crimanal record check looks exactly like it did back in the day, but there seems to be no charge for Oregon City, but Portland charged $35 back in 2000

schools and unions often deliberately hide this info.
Bullshit. It happens rarely...very rarely.

Why on earth do you believe schools hate children?

And you know this because??? Schools do not hate children. They hate lawyers and bad publicity. Sweeping things under the carpet often does the trick. What is your definition of "rarely". 10% of the time?

According to the article:

An Education Department study estimates that millions of kids in kindergarten through 12th grade are victims of sexual misconduct by a school employee at some point. The GAO report also notes most sexual abuse of children goes unreported. In one study it cites, 232 child molesters admitted to molesting a total of 17,000 victims, often without ever being caught.

Here's a list of reported sexual misconduct this year. I'd be curious how many of these people actually did jail time. And how many will continue teaching in another district or state.

Teacher student sex scandals. Updated Daily

Hi chanel:

Registered sex offenders are getting jobs in schools as teachers, administrators, volunteers and contractors, despite state laws that prohibit them from contact with children, a government watchdog report says ...
A stupid country that allows 20 million Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals to run around loose everywhere has no regard for its children. Mexican Drug Gangs can break into your house tonight and kill everybody and the Government will look the other way. Twenty-five U.S. Citizens are killed every day by Illegals that are not even supposed to be here, which should tell you that American Children and sex offenders are the last thing on our corrupt politician's minds. There are more than a million homeless children in America ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TB27d0RV7k&feature=related"]Homeless Children Are Everywhere[/ame]

The age of the average homeless person in the USA is nine years old. Think about it ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OthznhKHT2E"]Homeless Children In America[/ame]

... and the Fascist Obama Administration could not care less if sex offenders rape and murder every one of them. Wake the hell up and realize that America is not America any more ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRTVzRQ4xU&feature=related]Homeless Children In A Collapsing Empire[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hey Ravi - FYI

The GAO found that the predators beat the criminal and background checks that are in place in many states, in a variety of ways. In some cases, schools did not perform the required criminal history checks. And even when checks were performed, they sometimes were limited to in-state criminal records, and did not reveal the teaching candidate had a criminal record in another state.

But the biggest problem may be what Miller calls "passing the trash." These were cases GAO found in which school systems just let suspected sexual offenders resign, and even wrote them glowing letters of recommendation, so they could find teaching jobs elsewhere

Sex Predators Still Getting Hired in Schools - ABC News

Newbusters notes that in almost all reports of priest abuse the media uses words such as "pedophiles" and "child rapists" yet in this mostly underreported story, it's called "sexual misconduct". No surprise there.

Maybe it wasn't pedophilia or child rape...quite offend sex offenders are guilty of fooling around with sixteen and seventeen year olds.

Not sure why you are so convinced that teachers are mainly pedos...

Maybe it wasn't pedophilia or child rape...quite offend sex offenders are guilty of fooling around with sixteen and seventeen year olds.

This is true, in MOST cases it is a "consensual" relationship with an high school student. I say consensual in quotes because although legally it is not , morally speaking the student has usually chosen to go ahead in the relationship. And NO I am not saying it should be allowed. Most disturbingly, it's usually female teachers seducing teenage boys, and even more disturbing is the fact that female abusers generally get off lighter then their male counterparts. So that skews the number of convicted sex offenders you see. Most of the time the females are charged with a lesser crime, if anything at all, and simply shuttled to another school.

This is true.....

"True?"

Perhaps on Planet Conhog: But your reality isn't supported by evidence:

Female sex offenders are rare, and female teachers who have affairs with students are an even smaller group.

Sexual abuse by female teachers rare

Last edited:
schools and unions often deliberately hide this info.
Bullshit. It happens rarely...very rarely.

Why on earth do you believe schools hate children?

And you know this because??? Schools do not hate children. They hate lawyers and bad publicity. Sweeping things under the carpet often does the trick. What is your definition of "rarely". 10% of the time?

According to the article:

An Education Department study estimates that millions of kids in kindergarten through 12th grade are victims of sexual misconduct by a school employee at some point. The GAO report also notes most sexual abuse of children goes unreported. In one study it cites, 232 child molesters admitted to molesting a total of 17,000 victims, often without ever being caught.

Here's a list of reported sexual misconduct this year. I'd be curious how many of these people actually did jail time. And how many will continue teaching in another district or state.

Teacher student sex scandals. Updated Daily

This is a cool map:

Teacher student sex scandals map. Updated Daily

Wow Did someone suggest that heterosexual pederasty is ok, but gay pederasty is not?

Its all disgusting and illegal, but the moral relativism is hypocrisy at its worst..

This is true.....

"True?"

Female sex offenders are rare, and female teachers who have affairs with students are an even smaller group.

Duh Samson, because just as I eluded to, most of the time the females are charged with a non sex crime if caught. For instance, a few years ago the district next to mine had a female nurse who was buying a 17 y/o boy beer and having sex with him. She was caught, charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and that's it. That happens a lot more than you would think. I've never heard of a male school employee getting off that lightly

Hence, when data is compiled, hey very few female sex offenders.

Makes sense to me We now live in a country because of political correctness we all have to have our genitals felt to get on airplanes and the people who are the terrorists (people from the Middle east) if traveling together in large numbers will get a pass on security screenings so the TSA (Testical Scrotum and Ass searches people ) won't be called racial profilers. We will only have ourselves the government to blame when the next attack happens. Besides the Middle east terrorists our own Government with our inept morons running it are our worst enemy

Makes sense to me We now live in a country because of political correctness we all have to have our genitals felt to get on airplanes and the people who are the terrorists (people from the Middle east) if traveling together in large numbers will get a pass on security screenings so the TSA (Testical Scrotum and Ass searches people ) won't be called racial profilers. We will only have ourselves the government to blame when the next attack happens. Besides the Middle east terrorists our own Government with our inept morons running it are our worst enemy

What in the fuck does that have to do with THIS topic?

Sexual abuse is pretty bad in schools these day if we're going to believe what we read or what we see on the news. It does seem that a lot of female teachers are attracted to young boys - or maybe they just get caught more easily. I had to be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal background check by the TN Bureau of Investigation to substitute teach here in TN. I think the cost was $40.

These days, people need to be checked out if they're going to be around children. It's a shame but it's necessary. Sex offenders/predators, no matter what their preference is, should not be employed in school systems, Little League or any other activity where children could be at risk. If the schools want to continue hiring these people, then the parents need to go to their state's sex offender list and publicly expose them at the first hint they get or pick up on from their children. We can't have it both ways.

anyone working in a public school or with children should undergo a background check

I certainly agree with that. Since I started teaching over 15 years ago though, IL always required background checks, including finger prints. 3 years ago they started running them through the FBI data base, isn't every state?

Good advice. And as a teacher, I can assure you that almost every school has a scandal or two or. three...

The Catholic Church has deservedly suffered because of the cover-ups. But let's not pretend that priests are any different than others who work and abuse the trust of children.

Sexual abuse is pretty bad in schools these day if we're going to believe what we read or what we see on the news. It does seem that a lot of female teachers are attracted to young boys - or maybe they just get caught more easily. I had to be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal background check by the TN Bureau of Investigation to substitute teach here in TN. I think the cost was $40.

These days, people need to be checked out if they're going to be around children. It's a shame but it's necessary. Sex offenders/predators, no matter what their preference is, should not be employed in school systems, Little League or any other activity where children could be at risk. If the schools want to continue hiring these people, then the parents need to go to their state's sex offender list and publicly expose them at the first hint they get or pick up on from their children. We can't have it both ways.

Did you have to pay the $40? Here once you turn in all credentials, including the TB results, the districts pay for background check.

This is true.....

"True?"

Duh Samson, because just as I eluded to, most of the time the females are charged with a non sex crime if caught. For instance, a few years ago the district next to mine had a female nurse who was buying a 17 y/o boy beer and having sex with him. She was caught, charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and that's it. That happens a lot more than you would think. I've never heard of a male school employee getting off that lightly

Hence, when data is compiled, hey very few female sex offenders.

Or, hence, you're full of shit, since you are constantly trying to extrapolate a few incidenses into some sort of trend.

Loser.

Forum List

Back