Child Labor Laws Were Always Bad - Iowa GOP Finally Does The Right Thing

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Iowa Legislature went into session very early Tuesday morning, taking up debate on the bill on youth employment. The bill allows 14-year-olds to work six-hour night shifts, allows 15-year-olds to work in plants on assembly lines moving items up to 50 pounds, and allows 16 and 17-year-olds to serve alcohol. Many Democrats say this can be dangerous for kids by putting them in risky jobs. Republicans argue that’s not true and that it’s just giving them more opportunities to earn money."

All Dems voted against this bill as expected; but it still had enough votes from Republicans to pass it...hopefully it will become law soon.....step by step, the GOP are finally starting to take our country back into the right direction. We may not be able to return back to the glory days of the late 1920's or even the 1950's -- due to all of the lib crap and their ability to make people feel bad about Jim Crow and all of that....but we can at least get rid of these stupid child labor laws....they were always a bad idea and because of it -- we have millions of illegals taking jobs away from what our kids could be doing.

If libtard parents don't want their precious kids to work in a poultry plant and serving alcohol at a bar; then don't have your kids working there...just that simple.....stop trying to dictate to other parents what they can do with their child...there is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid having a job...that is how you build character.....quite frankly, the age limit needs to be removed entirely, 14 is too restrictive...are you telling me that a strapping 12 yr old can't lift 50 lbs over a 6 to 8 hr shift? They are kids, they have the stamina to do that and much more.....have we forgot about the fact, some of the best workers were children?

"The Iowa Legislature went into session very early Tuesday morning, taking up debate on the bill on youth employment. The bill allows 14-year-olds to work six-hour night shifts, allows 15-year-olds to work in plants on assembly lines moving items up to 50 pounds, and allows 16 and 17-year-olds to serve alcohol. Many Democrats say this can be dangerous for kids by putting them in risky jobs. Republicans argue that’s not true and that it’s just giving them more opportunities to earn money."

All Dems voted against this bill as expected; but it still had enough votes from Republicans to pass it...hopefully it will become law soon.....step by step, the GOP are finally starting to take our country back into the right direction. We may not be able to return back to the glory days of the late 1920's or even the 1950's -- due to all of the lib crap and their ability to make people feel bad about Jim Crow and all of that....but we can at least get rid of these stupid child labor laws....they were always a bad idea and because of it -- we have millions of illegals taking jobs away from what our kids could be doing.

If libtard parents don't want their precious kids to work in a poultry plant and serving alcohol at a bar; then don't have your kids working there...jus that simple.....stop trying to dictate to other parents what they can do with their child...there is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid having a job...that is how you build character.....quite frankly, the age limit needs to be removed entirely, 14 is too restrictive...are you telling me that a strapping 12 yr old can't lift 50 lbs over a 6 to 8 hr shift? They are kids, they have the stamina to do that and much more.....have we forgot about the fact, some of the best workers were children?

Your fellow DemoKKKrats will NEVER support something that enables people to work and earn money that doesn't come from the government. Because you're fascists.

Your fellow DemoKKKrats will NEVER support something that enables people to work and earn money that doesn't come from the government. Because you're fascists.
True true....Democrats hate to work and earn money except government money....

How does the Iowa GOP earn their money again?

Back in the good old days my dad was forced to quit school and go to work hauling produce. He was functionally illiterate and could only get crappy low paying jobs. This meant that we grew up dirt poor. Kids working to make some money is fine but not if education takes a back seat.

So obviously a return to 19th. century England that it's hardly even worth a comment. America may have reached the point of no return to socially responsible government being possible.

Is this being forced on America on account of it not being viable without cheap child labour?

I have serious issues with allowing minors to serve alcohol (even 18+). I also have concerns about allowing school aged kids to work past 9pm due to sleep issues.

There are apparently thousands of children who entered the U.S. illegally and are most likely used as slave labor and the Biden administration refuses to acknowledge it. Meanwhile we get a lecture about the GOP in Des Moines? WTF?

If libtard parents don't want their precious kids to work in a poultry plant and serving alcohol at a bar; then don't have your kids working there...just that simple.....stop trying to dictate to other parents what they can do with their child...there is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid having a job...that is how you build character.....quite frankly, the age limit needs to be removed entirely, 14 is too restrictive...are you telling me that a strapping 12 yr old can't lift 50 lbs over a 6 to 8 hr shift? They are kids, they have the stamina to do that and much more.....have we forgot about the fact, some of the best workers were children?
It's no surprise that broken and dying red states are turning to child abuse to rescue them from their economic woes. Maybe they could try to substitute factory work for time spent learning in schools. Less education will help get support for GOP policies and help religions to keep their grip on the local population.

It's no surprise that broken and dying red states are turning to child abuse to rescue them from their economic woes. Maybe they could try to substitute factory work for time spent learning in schools. Less education will help get support for GOP policies and help religions to keep their grip on the local population.
Yeah, broken and dead states like Iowa. Low crime, clean aired, food producing states where teenagers want to be productive members of society instead of hijacking cars, flash mob looting and protesting law abiding citizens. Too bad more states aren't so broken.

I have never been a believer in overly strict child labor laws. My first job was at 13. My son started working in a game store at 12.

Many of the children in ghettos areas are under educated. if the economy ever falters for any reason, then like locusts the cities will self-destruct as those who are violent go to take from those who have as they spread outward. From the cities to the suburbs. It will grow as the movement then moves to semi-rural and then rural areas. However, there are plenty of weapons in those regions to defend themselves.

Yeah, broken and dead states like Iowa. Low crime, clean aired, food producing states where teenagers want to be productive members of society instead of hijacking cars, flash mob looting and protesting law abiding citizens. Too bad more states aren't so broken.
An irrelevant state reversing child labor protections. Enjoy.

Many of the children in ghettos areas are under educated. if the economy ever falters for any reason, then like locusts the cities will self-destruct as those who are violent go to take from those who have as they spread outward. From the cities to the suburbs. It will grow as the movement then moves to semi-rural and then rural areas. However, there are plenty of weapons in those regions to defend themselves.
The millennia long tradition of butthurt conservatives hoping and thinking that cities will die is alive and well.

So obviously a return to 19th. century England that it's hardly even worth a comment. America may have reached the point of no return to socially responsible government being possible.

Is this being forced on America on account of it not being viable without cheap child labour?

How stupid do you need to be to squat and squeeze out this turd?

I have serious issues with allowing minors to serve alcohol (even 18+). I also have concerns about allowing school aged kids to work past 9pm due to sleep issues.

Meh. Outside of school time (like now, it's vacation week), I have no issues.

I second this. If they are not old enough to legally drink the stuff, they shouldn't be serving it either until they are old enough too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's not new. I recall at least one HS classmate of mine working in a liquor store at 18.

Note that not being able to work around alcohol is very limiting, because every convenience store in many places (including Iowa) sells beer.

Forum List

Back