Child killer's delayed execution means agony for family

Life in prison is still life.

Paulitics is going to jump all over me, but I actually cooked at a jail for a while. Jail food is worse than prison food. We contracted with the prison to provide food for us while remodeling the kitchen and the vegetarian stuff they provided looked like something you'd get at a really good restaurant.

So if you go to jail...say you're a vegetarian. You'll get better food, and a LOT more of it. It has to come up to the caloric standard, and it takes a LOT of veggies to do that, but not much mac and cheese or turkey bologna.

Define non-violent? Property crimes? Sexual crimes? (I'm not suggesting, just asking).

I dunno what to say. Embezzling is non-violent. Car Jacking isn't. Being a Prostitute is normally non-violent. Being a Pimp usually is. Rape is violent. Child molestation is violent.

Maybe there could be different kinds of life sentences. For people who right now would be eligible for the death penalty, instead they get a much harsher experience with limited entertainment, like being able to read books but no TV or internet. Food should be nutritious but not great, kind of like in the dorms at a college. :eusa_eh:
It would sort of be a compromise between being in regular fed prison and being in solitary confinement. I do think that some people actually enjoy solitary to some extent, although it is a harsh punishment for others. It just depends on the person.

I still maintain that life is prison is worse than either oblivion or heaven.

I'd say that any prison experience should be measured in decades, and life is actually for life. I agree about food. It should be enough to prevent starvation but not much more. Let's update Cool Hand Luke.

Forum List

Back