Chief Financial Officer

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
David Kellerman found dead this morning of apparent suicide! He was acting CFO of Fannie Mae.

Announced just now on C-Span Make that Freddie Mac.

Last edited:
he was appointed to this position in september of 2008, about 6 months ago?

Why would he commit suicide....he was new, not part of the screw ups before him, was he?

So what did he find out the past 6 months that was soooooo stressful that suicide was in order?

or, conspiracy wise :eek:, what did he find out the past 6 months that someone didn't want him to let out of the bag?

don't know. It's going to be interesting to see what is reported.

here's a link to Fox

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/22/freddie-mac-cfo-dead-apparent-suicide/

The acting chief financial officer of Freddie Mac was found dead in his home Wednesday morning of an apparent suicide, Fairfax, Va., police have confirmed to FOX News.

Kellermann, a 16-year veteran of the mortgage loan guarantor, was reportedly discovered by his wife.

Fairfax police spokeswoman Mary Anne Jennings said police were called to the Northern Virginia home outside Washington, D.C., in the early morning hours. He was found in his basement.

so it's Freddie Mac,, not Fannie Mae.

Last edited:
Yes,, we were correct. Glad that you admit it now.
He's probably ashamed that he went along with the GOP and cost so many people their life savings.
Or, maybe it wasn't suicide. Ever think of that?
Maybe it was totally unrelated to Freddie Mac, ever think of that?
Maybe he was caught cheating on his wife. Maybe he found out he had terminal cancer.

Last edited:
Maybe he was an alien stuck here with no way to get back to his planet and he was tired of all the BS!

Or maybe it wasn't really him...maybe it was somebody else in one of those cool Mission Impossible masks that made it appear to be him.

Seriously, is the truth so hard to accept that you would have to come up with the assinine "what if" scenario of him cheating on his wife and the guilt of that, rather than the massive pressure and apparent mental anguish over this financial mess, made him hang himself in his 1.3 million dollar basement?

I don't believe too much in coincidences. Maybe it's my IT background converging with my legal background. But, most things don't turn out to be serendipity. This guy was Controller of Freddie while most of the bad things happened. Therefore he knew or should have known all the about Freddie's capitalization issues (if not being personally responsible for them).

That tells me that while this "could" be a case of his inability to deal with his repressed homosexual desires and his inability to discuss this with his wife or any number of other "could be's"; it probably isn't. What's the old saying, "...It's probably a horse, not a zebra."

The other aspect is whether he hanged himself or someone helped. Let's see there are billions if not trillions at stake here, so who could possibly want him dead? And, how much would they be willing to spend to ensure a job well done (suicide)? My guess is a lot in both cases. The circumstances stink around this one!

Forum List

Back