Chickenhawks...! Unite!

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
Karl Rove, earlier this week in New Hampshire, stated that John Kerry and John Murtha “give the green light to go to war, but when it gets tough, they fall back on that party’s old platform of cutting and running. They may be with you for the first few bullets, but they won’t be there for the last tough battles.”

Now for Kerry and Murtha, both decorated combat veterans, to be criticized by Rove, with his years of combat...er wait...he doesn't have any combat experience, does he? Come to think of it, none of the chicken-hawks in the administration have combat experience, do they? If they had any such experience, it would be appropriate for them to criticize folks like Murtha and Kerry who are sickened by the utter recklessness in which this administration spends America's blood and treasure. But they don't.

Dubbyuh got his cushy sinecure in the Texas Air National Guard, Grandpa was a Senator and Poppy was a rising star in GOP circles...Dick Cheney got multiple deferrments, he had better things to do...Turdblossom avoided the draft too...as did Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Richard Perle...all the architects of the war in Iraq.

And they call themselves "Patriots". Bullshit. They corrupt the word "patriot" every time they utter it.

Bullypulpit said:
Karl Rove, earlier this week in New Hampshire, stated that John Kerry and John Murtha “give the green light to go to war, but when it gets tough, they fall back on that party’s old platform of cutting and running. They may be with you for the first few bullets, but they won’t be there for the last tough battles.”

Now for Kerry and Murtha, both decorated combat veterans, to be criticized by Rove, with his years of combat...er wait...he doesn't have any combat experience, does he? Come to think of it, none of the chicken-hawks in the administration have combat experience, do they? If they had any such experience, it would be appropriate for them to criticize folks like Murtha and Kerry who are sickened by the utter recklessness in which this administration spends America's blood and treasure. But they don't.

Dubbyuh got his cushy sinecure in the Texas Air National Guard, Grandpa was a Senator and Poppy was a rising star in GOP circles...Dick Cheney got multiple deferrments, he had better things to do...Turdblossom avoided the draft too...as did Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Richard Perle...all the architects of the war in Iraq.

And they call themselves "Patriots". Bullshit. They corrupt the word "patriot" every time they utter it.

This is nothing more than a deflective attack while ignoring the issue.

The premise of Rove's statement is correct, and who had how many years of military service irrelevant to the fact that libs demand instant gratification or they are completely at ease with just packing up and going home.

Maybe you're fine with being a "loser" and a "quitter," I like to finish what I start.

Hey Bully, It must of slipped my mind, maybe you can refresh my memory.

How many yr of service did Billy Clinton have again????

I wonder if you were yelling this BS then.

I'd bet, probably not...:cof:

Oh Bully, you sound like “a goose shitin in the moonlight”, not that I know what that means or sounds like, it was something my grandfather always said when someone said something stupid.:D

Now by yer qualifier, no one can be a patriot unless they have “combat” experience. Hummm… didn’t think that was the left wing stance, did they flip-flop?

Bullypulpit said:

Your post reinterrates what Annie Coulter recent book "Godless" argues. Namely that, pathetically, liberals create pundits whose opinions must be unquestioned. So Kerry/Murtha served in Vietnam. I honor their service in that war. Why then do they insist on dishonoring their past by aiding and abeting the enemy in this current conflict? Time eroded their courage?
I'll give Murtha his justly earned honor. As for Kerry,that worthless piece of shit, immediately dishonored his own service to our country, and many others still fighting in Indochina, with his lying about our troops behavior in Vietnam. That he was nominated by the Dems in '04 is further proof that the Dems remain what they have been since Vietnam. America hating, cut and run, cowards who would not defend the country if their family's lives depended on it.

Bullypulpit said:

Here is my problem with your post. Being a vet doesnt immunize yourself from being criticized for stupidity. Kerry and Murtha being vets is completely irrelevant to whether we should fight to the end. And knowing many vets, especially the ones on this board, they wouldnt use their military service to try to pretend as though they cant be criticized. If they did, you couldnt criticize the President because a majority of veterans support the President. So why dont you stop crticizing what a majority of vets say and start backing the President? Ill tell you why. Because you are a hypocrite.

You cant deal with the fact that the Democrat platform is running from our enemies. So you have to set up this red herring and pretend as though Murtha and Kerry have some sort of special immunity from criticism when they tell us we should run away because they were vets. Well Benedict Arnold was a distinguished veteran too. Being a veteran doesnt mean you are always right or that you are immune from criticism. Most veterans dont do this. Only liberal politicians, and McCain. Why is that?

So continue arguing your red herring. But until you can support valid reasons to support us running away from our responsibility, then you arent going to win except with people too dumb to recognize the fallacies of your argument.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I don't think Bully's point was that Kerry or Murtha should be free from criticism, but rather to point out who is doing the criticizing.

People who were called upon to serve, but chose to "cut tail and run".

"They may be with you for the first few bullets, but they won’t be there for the last tough battles.”

So in light of that, I can't see how anyone could not be angered by that statement.

BTW does anyone have some quotes, or links to any generals (for example)(serving or retired) criticizing Murtha?

I'm not saying that they don't exist... but so far all the shit i've heard has come from draft dodgers.

Another Godless liberal arguement rearing his ugly head. *Yawn* :sleep:

Come up with something original then get back to us mmkay? :baby4:

Forum List

Back