Chicken washed in chlorine ?

I don't know what's in it, but chicken from KFC, MCD, WenDys, HarDys, Burger KingDs. is good.

You know hot dogs are allowed something like 10% bug parts? Only the most tasty bug parts though! Yum E!

in today's LITIGENOUS (spelling?) world their chickens are probably dipped in pure chlorox

Well they have SOME way that they disinfect them. I mean billions of chicken are killed and eaten every year and you almost never hear of someone getting ill. We used to drink straight out of the hose as kids, all hoses at everyone's house, at gas stations, and everywhere else. Nobody I know drinks the water out of a toilet. Everyone knows better. Except dogs who think the toilet is a natural mountain spring.

All this concern over germs and yada yada, I think the human race has eaten enough of this stuff that any hazards are proven to be minimized by now.
canned+whole2.jpg

Yeah but..............................
Canning kills everything.

some foods-----those that are basic rather than acidic, can harbor BOTULISM spores that
can grow IN THE CAN---------oy.........
Only if it's not properly processed and sealed. My statement is based on the application of tested processing and sealing times and techniques.

National Center for Home Food Preservation | How Do I? Can Meats

I never have or ever will cook a whole turkey, it is a rather dumb practice in our time.
WIth today's franken-birds, in order for the interior meat to reach safe temperature you have to fry the outside till it is jerky.

I steam my chicken. The flesh stays nice and plump.

Oh mercy...try this.
Take a couple bone-in breast, hopefully from a butcher....take a large bowl with a good Tablespoon of salt, dash of black pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl for at least 45 minutes, no need to refrigerate...in fact don't, it makes the meat too cold before cooking.
Rinse the chicken off to remove excess salt.
Preheat oven to 425.
take some olive oil, salt/pepper/herbs of your choice and by hand smother the chicken with it.
Bake for 13 minutes, turn the heat down to 350 and reset timer for 20 minutes. Check temperature with a digital thermometer, cook a few minutes more if necessary.
This will be the juiciest chicken you have ever had.
It's all do to the brine.

you also made it kosher. ------assuming it was slaughtered correctly and you did not SLATHER
it with butter--------OH!!! you used olive oil--------good gentile!!!!!!!

uh..no...not Jewish...

I AM AS I AM-------or i am what i seem. ------for the record I put some sugar in the brine, too----
and bay leaves----and whatevah and cook it-----then cool it----then fridge it for a few hours

I have put bay leaves as well, underused herb in America...bay leaves are awesome in a lot of things.

I steam my chicken. The flesh stays nice and plump.

Oh mercy...try this.
Take a couple bone-in breast, hopefully from a butcher....take a large bowl with a good Tablespoon of salt, dash of black pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl for at least 45 minutes, no need to refrigerate...in fact don't, it makes the meat too cold before cooking.
Preheat oven to 425.
take some olive oil, salt/pepper/herbs of your choice and by hand smother the chicken with it.
Bake for 13 minutes, turn the heat down to 350 and reset timer for 20 minutes. Check temperature with a digital thermometer, cook a few minutes more if necessary.

you also made it kosher. ------assuming it was slaughtered correctly and you did not SLATHER

uh..no...not Jewish...

I AM AS I AM-------or i am what i seem. ------for the record I put some sugar in the brine, too----
and bay leaves----and whatevah and cook it-----then cool it----then fridge it for a few hours

I have put bay leaves as well, underused herb in America...bay leaves are awesome in a lot of things.

if you go to an INDIAN GROCERY-----you can buy them by the pound

Oh mercy...try this.
Preheat oven to 425.

uh..no...not Jewish...

if you go to an INDIAN GROCERY-----you can buy them by the pound

you bet...used to get herbs from Mexico also...cheeeaaaap and fresh!
Herbs are outrageously overpriced here.

I understand that it is bleached to wash away the effects of the poor treatment that they suffer.The fear is that it will turn up in nuggets and so on. Nobody is going to buy it as "chicken".

This is the very point that koshergrl accidentally made - People no longer raise and slaughter their own food. The chickens people are eating now come from factories. Chickens really are not "filthy" at all but in a factory setting, they have no choice. After death, they're soaked in feces and the bleach bath does not wash that away.

Chickens are nasty filthy. Chicken filth has very very fine particulates. ALWAYS wear a mask when cleaning the coop because you will literally breathe shit/feces into your lungs.

Hogs, also, are filthy animals unless you raise them inside and housetrain them. Goats will destroy your property and cows are too lazy to stand up so will try to lean on you for support!

The process of butchering and cleaning any of them is horribly messy and stinky but has to be done. If you get farm raised, you pay for the nasty work. Factories automate as much as possible so are cheaper, but they bleach stuff, use preservatives and don't mind keeping your food drugged up.

I don't know what's in it, but chicken from KFC, MCD, WenDys, HarDys, Burger KingDs. is good.

You know hot dogs are allowed something like 10% bug parts? Only the most tasty bug parts though! Yum E!

in today's LITIGENOUS (spelling?) world their chickens are probably dipped in pure chlorox

Well they have SOME way that they disinfect them. I mean billions of chicken are killed and eaten every year and you almost never hear of someone getting ill. We used to drink straight out of the hose as kids, all hoses at everyone's house, at gas stations, and everywhere else. Nobody I know drinks the water out of a toilet. Everyone knows better. Except dogs who think the toilet is a natural mountain spring.

All this concern over germs and yada yada, I think the human race has eaten enough of this stuff that any hazards are proven to be minimized by now.
canned+whole2.jpg

Canning kills everything.
haggis-with-can-5-29-209.jpg
Hopefully.

I understand that it is bleached to wash away the effects of the poor treatment that they suffer.The fear is that it will turn up in nuggets and so on. Nobody is going to buy it as "chicken".

This is the very point that koshergrl accidentally made - People no longer raise and slaughter their own food. The chickens people are eating now come from factories. Chickens really are not "filthy" at all but in a factory setting, they have no choice. After death, they're soaked in feces and the bleach bath does not wash that away.

Chickens are nasty filthy. Chicken filth has very very fine particulates. ALWAYS wear a mask when cleaning the coop because you will literally breathe shit/feces into your lungs.

Hogs, also, are filthy animals unless you raise them inside and housetrain them. Goats will destroy your property and cows are too lazy to stand up so will try to lean on you for support!

The process of butchering and cleaning any of them is horribly messy and stinky but has to be done. If you get farm raised, you pay for the nasty work. Factories automate as much as possible so are cheaper, but they bleach stuff, use preservatives and don't mind keeping your food drugged up.

Ever since corporatism took over the food chain we have dramatically escalated food related illnesses and death.PERIOD.
Child type 2 diabetes basically did not exist until after 1955.
Type 2 diabetes used to be called Adult onset Diabetes, because children never had it.
And now you have Forbes and other corporate rags trying to downplay type 2 diabetes and challenge the science.
Now you might say this has nothing to do with corporations and everything to do with lousy parenting. It's both. Even in foods you wouldn't think were laden with sugar and sodium - are.

Ever since corporatism took over the food chain we have dramatically escalated food related illnesses and death.PERIOD.
Child type 2 diabetes basically did not exist until after 1955.
Type 2 diabetes used to be called Adult onset Diabetes, because children never had it.
And now you have Forbes and other corporate rags trying to downplay type 2 diabetes and challenge the science.
Now you might say this has nothing to do with corporations and everything to do with lousy parenting. It's both. Even in foods you wouldn't think were laden with sugar and sodium - are.

Agreed. We need to get closer to our food, IMO, for many reasons.

Its a cause of concern over here.
If you don't like chlorine in your chicken; your better steer clear of those "baby carrots" parents love to stuff in their children's faces, as a "healthy" alternative...
Carrots are about the only thing I cant grow here. The soil isnt right.
All the more reason to be aware of how "baby carrots" are produced, as yours are likely store bought. I'll give you a hint... They're not baby carrots.

Its a cause of concern over here.
If you don't like chlorine in your chicken; your better steer clear of those "baby carrots" parents love to stuff in their children's faces, as a "healthy" alternative...
Carrots are about the only thing I cant grow here. The soil isnt right.
All the more reason to be aware of how "baby carrots" are produced, as yours are likely store bought. I'll give you a hint... They're not baby carrots.

What are they then?

canned+whole2.jpg

Holy crud ... I wouldn't eat that crap if you paid me to.

You can get good meat just about anywhere in the states.
You just need to know what you are looking for and how to judge the meat.

Sight helps out as well ... If your chicken looks nasty (as above), it is probably way over processed at the least.
And ... Don't eat too much stuff that comes out of a can anyway ... Cook fresh.

Forum List

Back