Chicken Hawks? The Pot Calls the Kettle Black

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Born-Again GI Joes
By Larry Elder, World Net Daily
September 7, 2006

Chicken hawks: "cowards" who support the Iraq war but never served in the military.

An e-mail going around the Internet purports to list "chicken hawks," including Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Vice President Dick Cheney and others. It includes people like myself, who applied for and received student deferments during the Vietnam War.

Many oppose the Iraq war in good faith, believing the war ill-advised, while questioning its prosecution. But the anti-war critics' sudden respect for military service simply astonishes. Call them born-again GI Joes. When did military experience become so important?

Former President Bill Clinton remains rabidly popular among Democrats. The former president continuously offers his opinions about world affairs, including the war in Iraq. But where were the "chicken hawk" accusers when Clinton ran for president? Recall that Clinton campaigned--not once, but twice-–against two opponents who not only served, but served heroically and with distinction.

for full article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51871

Born-Again GI Joes
By Larry Elder, World Net Daily
September 7, 2006

Chicken hawks: "cowards" who support the Iraq war but never served in the military.

An e-mail going around the Internet purports to list "chicken hawks," including Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Vice President Dick Cheney and others. It includes people like myself, who applied for and received student deferments during the Vietnam War.

Many oppose the Iraq war in good faith, believing the war ill-advised, while questioning its prosecution. But the anti-war critics' sudden respect for military service simply astonishes. Call them born-again GI Joes. When did military experience become so important?

Former President Bill Clinton remains rabidly popular among Democrats. The former president continuously offers his opinions about world affairs, including the war in Iraq. But where were the "chicken hawk" accusers when Clinton ran for president? Recall that Clinton campaigned--not once, but twice-–against two opponents who not only served, but served heroically and with distinction.

for full article:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51871

Its politics.

I no more believe the sincerity of the libs/Dems when they say they support the troops than I believe Hanoi Jane when she says she is sorry ("oh wait no I'm not!") for her traitorous actions in VietNam.

These same Dems denigrate the President's service (who actually served) and idolize a draft dodger. That tells me exactly where they stand!

Yes, it is politics of the vilest kind, and it's just disgusting to me how gullible people are when it comes to accepting this stuff as fact.

Your comment about supporting the troops reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a few weeks ago: "Liberals support the troops--but not their guns." :)

Yes, it is politics of the vilest kind, and it's just disgusting to me how gullible people are when it comes to accepting this stuff as fact.

Your comment about supporting the troops reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a few weeks ago: "Liberals support the troops--but not their guns." :)

OMG. Did your car swerve off the road from laughing so hard?

Forum List

Back