Chicken Came Before the Egg: "Scientific Proof"

The eggs come first: In the morning for breakfast. Over easy with toast.
The chicken comes next: In the early evening for dinner. Roasted with herbs and garlic.

How is that or an answer... problem solved :lol:

Last edited:
The Chicken & Rooster had to come first. An egg will not hatch unless the chicken that laid it was fertialized by the rooster prior to laying it. An egg will also not hatch unless the hen sits on it for about 21 days, keeping it warm at 99.5 °F and around 55% relative humidity (increase to 70% in the last three days of incubation to help soften egg shell) & rotates it once a day.

Creatures were laying eggs long before chickens manifested in the record

Perhaps a better question for this disucssion of evolution is this:

Which came first --the chicken or the chickenshit?​

JUst fro you we'll restate the question, "Which came first, X that can't come without Y, or Y that can't come without X?"

I don't speak Algebraic.

This is AMERICA, dude.

If you want to speak that twisted tongue, go back to Algebra where you came from.

:eusa_whistle:

Creatures were laying eggs long before chickens manifested in the record

Perhaps a better question for this disucssion of evolution is this:

Which came first --the chicken or the chickenshit?​

JUst fro you we'll restate the question, "Which came first, X that can't come without Y, or Y that can't come without X?"

I don't speak Algebraic.

This is AMERICA, dude.

If you want to speak that twisted tongue, go back to Algebra where you came from.

:eusa_whistle:

sssshhhh, he is talking about scrambled eggs, just doesn't know it . ;)

Last edited:
Unless the chicken was created first.

This is about, i assume, whether or not the chicken or the chicken egg came first, correct?

If the chicken came first, then it had to have come from somewhere other than from a chicken egg (where ALL chickens come from now).

So where did it come from? I say it had to have developed in an egg that wasn't a chicken egg, BUT,

can an egg that produces a baby chicken NOT be a chicken egg?

If so, how?
A species' reproductive process evolves along with the rest of its characteristics and attributes.

Keep that in mind.

What? The chicken, as a species, evolved from some bird that was not, by definition, a chicken.

That means at some point, a bird that was not a chicken by definition laid an egg that produced a chicken.

The question is, then, did the not-chicken bird lay a chicken egg containing a chicken, or a not-chicken egg containing a chicken.

The answer to that is the answer to the chicken/egg question.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Why? In order for the chicken to have come first, it had to have come from something other than A CHICKEN EGG, otherwise, the EGG would have come first.

Someone prove that wrong.

A probable scenario: at some point a mutation (or several) led to hardened eggs in Chickens or an evolutionary ancestor. Later on, as evolution continued, they lost the ability to develop without this protein's effect on the egg. The manner in which the eggs changed over time. Likely, the hardened egg proved to be evolutionarily advantageous and whatever other characteristics or behaviors were present before, no longer selected evolutionary pressures, happened to fade away with muttion and genetic drift.

I'm not familiar enough with the details of chicken evolution to hypothesize what ancestral species might have undergone these changes or what other aspect of their development might have changed, although it certainly seems clear that the emergence of this protein and its effect must predate the changes that would come to make the chicken dependent upon it, much as the emergence of the ability to metabolize food as we know it must have predated the total loss of the ability to absorb nutrients through other means.

So the protein could have been in a now extinct evolutionary ancestor that was not by definition a chicken therefore the whole premise that the protein only exists in chickens would be useless.

btw, why are turkey eggs as hard shelled as chicken eggs? And how do these scientists know that this protein only exists in chickens? Have they studied every single species of bird past and present in the world?

The chicken comes next: In the early evening for dinner. Roasted with herbs and garlic.

That only works if the day starts in the morning. For Jews the chicken comes first.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Why? In order for the chicken to have come first, it had to have come from something other than A CHICKEN EGG, otherwise, the EGG would have come first.

Someone prove that wrong.

Unless the chicken was created first.

Obviously you're peddling creationism here. If your stance is that the chicken was created out of nothing, how do you know it wasn't the egg that was created out of nothing, hmmm? Yeah yeah the protein is only found inside a chicken, but I think God would know how to get some without a chicken, don't you?

This is about, i assume, whether or not the chicken or the chicken egg came first, correct?

If the chicken came first, then it had to have come from somewhere other than from a chicken egg (where ALL chickens come from now).

So where did it come from? I say it had to have developed in an egg that wasn't a chicken egg, BUT,

can an egg that produces a baby chicken NOT be a chicken egg?

If so, how?
A species' reproductive process evolves along with the rest of its characteristics and attributes.

Keep that in mind.

What? The chicken, as a species, evolved from some bird that was not, by definition, a chicken.

That means at some point, a bird that was not a chicken by definition laid an egg that produced a chicken.

No, that's not what it means.

Your understanding of the most basic aspects of evolution is severely lacking.

Keep that in mind.

I understand evolution alot better than you do. Chickens are a species. They were not created out of thin air as a species, they evolved into that species from ancestors that were not of the chicken species (gallus gallus, to be precise).

Why don't you prove to us how the transition from ancestor to chicken occurred that proves me wrong.

I understand evolution alot better than you do..

:lol:

Evidently not, since you think a creature of one species can suddenly produce offspring of a different species. Your failure to understand speciation makes your claims to understand evolution laughable.

I understand evolution alot better than you do..

:lol:

Evidently not, since you think a creature of one species can suddenly produce offspring of a different species. Your failure to understand speciation makes your claims to understand evolution laughable.

Speciation by definition is one species producing a different species. If you had all the intact remains of all the relevant birds that had ever existed in the process of the chicken species being created from an ancestral species that was not the chicken there would have to be a point at which the chicken species emerges, before which it did not exist. How do you make that transition without encountering 'points' as I referred to them, where the offspring meets the definition of a chicken (by species) but the parents don't?

wow... just wow...

The day you learn about ring species, you're going to have an aneurysm or something.

Pretending you know something is a very bad forum policy. Why don't you try dealing with the actual question.

Was there a time when there were no chickens on the planet? YES

Did chickens appear magically out of nowhere, or were they hatched? THEY WERE HATCHED

Did chickens evolve from a species that was not a chicken? YES

When chickens that fit the definition of the chicken species appeared, were they hatched from eggs that fit the definition of a chicken egg, or not? That is the question.

That only works if the day starts in the morning. For Jews the chicken comes first.

That only means that they skipped breakfast and went straight to dinner :lol:

Forum List

Back