Chick-Fil-A: One Expense Cup of Water! Is the backslash too much?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Adam Mark Smith still unemployed and on food stamps after being fired for berating Chick-fil-A staff Daily Mail Online

A few years ago during the hate on Chick-Fil-A leftist campaign, an Elitist liberal with a six figure salary took it upon himself to order a free glass of water and verbally assault an innocent Chick-Fil-A worker. He video-taped it and it went viral. I remember at the time, I thought the guy was a horrendous person and an arrogant SOB.

Most people agreed, even his employer who fired him. This once rich man is now in ruins and on food stamps.

The story goes, 3 years later he has yet to find employment. The video has surfaced and employers refuse to hire him, even gay friendly employers want nothing to do with him. He lost all him savings, his house to foreclosure and now he and his wife and 4 kids are on food stamps.

He was an arrogant ass and still stands behind his actions, but is the punishment worth the crime? I do feel for the guy. He is an asshole and no doubt he treats others like shit, but any one of us could be destroyed if some of our actions were caught on video.

An ex-CFO and Chick-fil-A protestor who lost his job after posting a video rant against one of the chain's employees has since lost his home and lives on food stamps.

Adam Mark Smith, 37, who worked for an Arizona-based medical device manufacturer, was shamed after the 2012 YouTube video was posted showing him berating employee Rachel Elizabeth.

The video which expressed his disdain over the firm's anti-gay marriage stance went viral, and left him unemployed and forced to lose his home.

Nearly three years later, the married father of four is still searching for a job and his family previously had to give away possessions before he was hired and fired again, according to ABC.

hings were looking rough for Smith and his wife, Amy, along with their four sons after they lost their home and moved into an RV
Read more: Adam Mark Smith still unemployed and on food stamps after being fired for berating Chick-fil-A staff Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good. He deserves it. Aren't there any gay companies that want to hire a Christian hater?

Good. He deserves it. Aren't there any gay companies that want to hire a Christian hater?

In the article it's stated not even the gay friendly companies wanted anything to do with him. What he did was arrogant and he is definitely a self-righteous asshole, but for that one act should be destroyed the way he has been?

If this event were the whole story of one man's fark-assery I'd say he has suffered quite more than enough. While it was clearly a fireable offence (in the private sector) he should have earned his way back into society well before now. I believe in second chances.

(lol)

I just don't buy into the idea that this mistake was the sum of all wrong in the mans life. The guy was a CFO with a very good income. To fall so far so fast the guy had to be the kind of Jack-hole we saw on you tube at least a half dozen more times to his employers and or customers.

Hope he gets his life going, for his sake and his families.

Adam Mark Smith still unemployed and on food stamps after being fired for berating Chick-fil-A staff Daily Mail Online

A few years ago during the hate on Chick-Fil-A leftist campaign, an Elitist liberal with a six figure salary took it upon himself to order a free glass of water and verbally assault an innocent Chick-Fil-A worker. He video-taped it and it went viral. I remember at the time, I thought the guy was a horrendous person and an arrogant SOB.

Most people agreed, even his employer who fired him. This once rich man is now in ruins and on food stamps.

The story goes, 3 years later he has yet to find employment. The video has surfaced and employers refuse to hire him, even gay friendly employers want nothing to do with him. He lost all him savings, his house to foreclosure and now he and his wife and 4 kids are on food stamps.

He was an arrogant ass and still stands behind his actions, but is the punishment worth the crime? I do feel for the guy. He is an asshole and no doubt he treats others like shit, but any one of us could be destroyed if some of our actions were caught on video.

An ex-CFO and Chick-fil-A protestor who lost his job after posting a video rant against one of the chain's employees has since lost his home and lives on food stamps.

Adam Mark Smith, 37, who worked for an Arizona-based medical device manufacturer, was shamed after the 2012 YouTube video was posted showing him berating employee Rachel Elizabeth.

The video which expressed his disdain over the firm's anti-gay marriage stance went viral, and left him unemployed and forced to lose his home.

Nearly three years later, the married father of four is still searching for a job and his family previously had to give away possessions before he was hired and fired again, according to ABC.

hings were looking rough for Smith and his wife, Amy, along with their four sons after they lost their home and moved into an RV
Read more: Adam Mark Smith still unemployed and on food stamps after being fired for berating Chick-fil-A staff Daily Mail Online
Free Speech can be very expensive.

He made a choice and now he's paying g for his actions, exactly as he should be. We'd be far better off as a country if this sort of story was mire common...... Person does something stupid and pays for it the rest of his life.

WTF?! The PC police have struck again! Ruining this good man's life simply because he spoke his mind. Intimidation and forcing silence with consequences! Someone stop the PC police now!!! I'm OUTRAGED!!!!

Earmuffs!

Exactly as it should be.

To quote my late paternal grandfather..... "We'd be much better off if stupidity were more often immediately fatal or at least far more permanently painful for those who choose to partake in it."

Cool. You are awesome. You agree that someone doing a really stupid thing or saying a really stupid thing should be met with consequences. Awesome.

The guy is toxic. With that one video he proved to be rude, arrogant and nasty, and displayed poor judgment in posting it. No one would want to hire someone who so clearly possesses those qualities.

I also wonder about this. The assumption is that every last company to which he applied knew about the video. That doesn't smell quite right. Given the qualities he has already displayed, I wouldn't be surprised if something else were at play.

He did not learn his lesson. He still believes that what he did was the right thing to do.

The guy is toxic. With that one video he proved to be rude, arrogant and nasty, and displayed poor judgment in posting it. No one would want to hire someone who so clearly possesses those qualities.

I also wonder about this. The assumption is that every last company to which he applied knew about the video. That doesn't smell quite right. Given the qualities he has already displayed, I wouldn't be surprised if something else were at play.

You have got to be kidding. We are officially in upside down backward land. How can you NOT be railing on the PC police for ruining this man's life? It is your purpose in life. What the fuck, earmuffs?

Cool. You are awesome. You agree that someone doing a really stupid thing or saying a really stupid thing should be met with consequences. Awesome.

Not just consequences. Painful, permanent and often fatal consequences.

We can always count on you to bring it home, freak. You want the subject of this OP to be put to death? Outstanding.

Free Speech can be very expensive.

If he didn't want to pay any consequences for his bad behavior he should not have gotten a job in the private sector.

I feel sorry for the dumb slob, and even moreso for his family.

But this is what the internet is: a reputation destroyer. One lapse of judgement can ruin ones life. Best not to be a selfie whore.

Forum List

Back