Chick-fil-a makes headlines

Mayor Menino on Chick-fil-A: Stuff it - BostonHerald.com

Not sure how I feel about this. I think it's discrimination (on Boston's part). I believe it's up to the patronage to decide whether they want to support this business or not, and frankly I'd be pissed if somebody took that decision out of my hands.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino is vowing to block Chick-fil-A from bringing its Southern-fried fast-food empire to Boston — possibly to a popular tourist spot just steps from the Freedom Trail — after the family-owned firm’s president suggested gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.”

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion,” Menino told the Herald yesterday.

“That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Chick-fil-A has been swept up in a growing national controversy over company president Dan Cathy’s remarks questioning gay marriage and lauding the traditional family.

Mayor Menino on Chick-fil-A: Stuff it - BostonHerald.com

Not sure how I feel about this. I think it's discrimination (on Boston's part). I believe it's up to the patronage to decide whether they want to support this business or not, and frankly I'd be pissed if somebody took that decision out of my hands.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino is vowing to block Chick-fil-A from bringing its Southern-fried fast-food empire to Boston — possibly to a popular tourist spot just steps from the Freedom Trail — after the family-owned firm’s president suggested gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.”

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion,” Menino told the Herald yesterday.

“That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Chick-fil-A has been swept up in a growing national controversy over company president Dan Cathy’s remarks questioning gay marriage and lauding the traditional family.

Yah don't stop em from coming in but no special incentives either.
Personally I think they suck.
Their chicken that is.

That's their prerogative. It'll either bite 'em in the ass, or not.

True. It’s also compelling evidence in support of updating civil right legislation with regard to public accommodations to include sexual orientation.

Typical attorney solution for anything and everything - pass another law; and since legislative bodies are full of attorneys (on account of your profession's penchant for running for office), we're sure to have more laws, whether we actually need them or not, just to provide full employment for all the attorneys. You guys write the laws, interpret the gobbledegook you wrote, and then sit as the judges of the result, while we pay the bill; do excuse me for thinking there's something vaguely incestuous somewhere in all that.:D

Forum List

Back