Chick-fil-a makes headlines

Chick Fil A was always such a treat for my daughter and me. When we went shopping, we always had lunch there at the mall. It's a comfort thing now with me, I think of her and I together, good times.
I love Chick Fil A sandwiches.

But the waffle fries are Great!!!! :eusa_clap:

waffle-fries.jpg

Overly expensive for what you get and the waffle fries are bland....but this gives me a chance to post this again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw]Chow Down (at Chick-fil-A) - YouTube[/ame]

Mountain View Online : Mountain View set to OK Chik-Fil-A

Council member Laura Macias said she disagreed with the owner's views, but could not make that a basis for rejecting their proposal.

"What they are doing politically as owners and individuals is not funny and I would not want to support a business like that," Macias said. "But I have to keep that completely separate from deciding if they are obeying the letter of the law in terms of land use."

Good for her.

Mountain View has some of the best restaurants in the Bay Area....I hope they put that Chik-Fil-A far far away from downtown.

Chick-fil-la has values and they stick by them. That is a lot more than you can say for most people. We talk about big business like they are all bad, well here is one that stands up for what they believe. Fried chicken is not good for you any way but it still taste good.

I dont eat at chick-fil-a 0r any other fast food joint very often
if i did and if i enjoyed thier food id go back .
dont care what they support or dont support ,but businesses should be able to support what ever cause feel strongly about and close on sunday if they choose to do so .

if you dont like the *moral * stand they take its your perogative not to eat there
same as its there choice not to support gay marriage

Chick-fil-la has values and they stick by them. That is a lot more than you can say for most people. We talk about big business like they are all bad, well here is one that stands up for what they believe. Fried chicken is not good for you any way but it still taste good.

Everything in moderation...

Chik Fil A created headlines a few years ago when they refused to open on Sunday. How DARE they use the free market to set their own company policy.

It's bite them in the ass! Very stupid and ignorant move. Political stances and business sales to the public don't mix.

Hope there are no Chick-fil-a in SF!!!

I used to get their chicken biscuits in the AM every now and again, but I might think twice about that!

Like I said in the OP - it'll either bite them in the ass, or it won't. Most people are ignorant of Chick-fil-a's stance so frankly, I don't think it will hurt them. And they are mostly in the south, where said stance is honored, so that should up sales.

Like I said in the OP - it'll either bite them in the ass, or it won't. Most people are ignorant of Chick-fil-a's stance so frankly, I don't think it will hurt them. And they are mostly in the south, where said stance is honored, so that should up sales.

Not true....

Chick Fil A was always such a treat for my daughter and me. When we went shopping, we always had lunch there at the mall. It's a comfort thing now with me, I think of her and I together, good times.
I love Chick Fil A sandwiches.

But the waffle fries are Great!!!! :eusa_clap:

waffle-fries.jpg

Overly expensive for what you get and the waffle fries are bland........
I bet if the waffle fries were Tuna Harbor flavored and Chick Fil A was pro gay/lesbian you would say they tasted fantastic. :lol:

Chick-fil-A president says company opposes gay marriage *| ajc.com

Chick-fil-A has taken a stand against gay marriage, and the reactions are rolling in.

Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is "guilty as charged" in its support of traditional marriage.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

Chick-fil-A has been under fire from gay rights groups since early 2011, when it was revealed that an independent operator in Pennsylvania supplied food to an event sponsored by a group formed to defeat same-sex marriage initiatives. It was also reported that Chick-fil-A's WinShape Foundation did not admit gay couples to marriage counseling.

One longtime observer said he was not surprised by the comments by Cathy, son of the restaurant's founder Truett Cathy.

"It could be that they've determined that they already have this identity, so let's just own it," said Lake Lambert, dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Mercer University and author of "Spirituality Inc. — Religion in the American Workplace." "But I think it could present challenges to them as they expand outside of the South."
That's their prerogative. It'll either bite 'em in the ass, or not.

My guess is not. They have been open about their Christian beliefs since they opened, they keep making money.

Forum List

Back