Chick-fil-a makes headlines

The kids are eating their Chik-fil-a sammiches right now. Once in awhile I let them eat that stuff. Not very often though. We don't have any type of other chicken place except for KFC. I've never had that so no clue what it's like. Not a fan of the fast food. I'm having some raviolis with turkey/peppers/zucchini/garlic. Umm, mmm, tasty!

Chick Fil A was always such a treat for my daughter and me. When we went shopping, we always had lunch there at the mall. It's a comfort thing now with me, I think of her and I together, good times.

The kids are eating their Chik-fil-a sammiches right now. Once in awhile I let them eat that stuff. Not very often though. We don't have any type of other chicken place except for KFC. I've never had that so no clue what it's like. Not a fan of the fast food. I'm having some raviolis with turkey/peppers/zucchini/garlic. Umm, mmm, tasty!

Chick Fil A was always such a treat for my daughter and me. When we went shopping, we always had lunch there at the mall. It's a comfort thing now with me, I think of her and I together, good times.

Fast food makes my tumbly too rumbly. :lol:

Fast food makes my tumbly too rumbly. :lol:

I know. I like those sausage bisquits at McDonalds too but I only get one every so often.

I rarely eat fast food so have no opinion on the best chicken poll.

One of the local DC channels was covering the chickfilla anti-gay story and the reporter seemed to be beside herself in predicting their doom. She was outside a restaurant that had cars wrapped around the building waiting for the drive-thru and the parking lot was full.

Chick-fil-A president says company opposes gay marriage *| ajc.com

Chick-fil-A has taken a stand against gay marriage, and the reactions are rolling in.

Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is "guilty as charged" in its support of traditional marriage.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

Chick-fil-A has been under fire from gay rights groups since early 2011, when it was revealed that an independent operator in Pennsylvania supplied food to an event sponsored by a group formed to defeat same-sex marriage initiatives. It was also reported that Chick-fil-A's WinShape Foundation did not admit gay couples to marriage counseling.

One longtime observer said he was not surprised by the comments by Cathy, son of the restaurant's founder Truett Cathy.

"It could be that they've determined that they already have this identity, so let's just own it," said Lake Lambert, dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Mercer University and author of "Spirituality Inc. — Religion in the American Workplace." "But I think it could present challenges to them as they expand outside of the South."

That's their prerogative. It'll either bite 'em in the ass, or not.

29d8b67e56d7ca75591f0ee64c84909d_xlarge.jpeg

That's their prerogative. It'll either bite 'em in the ass, or not.

True. It’s also compelling evidence in support of updating civil right legislation with regard to public accommodations to include sexual orientation.

Yes. Because eating Chick-fil-A is a Constitutionally-guaranteed right.

Oh, wait...no, it's not.

It's a shame Chick-fil-A is the only chicken restaurant around. Married gays simply have no place to get chicken.

Oh, wait...yes, they do.

And it's terrible the way Chick-fil-A asks patrons to state their sexual orientation before they take their orders.

Oh, wait...they don't do that.

So, did you have a point? :confused:

I rarely eat fast food so have no opinion on the best chicken poll.

One of the local DC channels was covering the chickfilla anti-gay story and the reporter seemed to be beside herself in predicting their doom. She was outside a restaurant that had cars wrapped around the building waiting for the drive-thru and the parking lot was full.

BaghdadBobCBS.jpg

"Chick-fil-A has no customers! Hundreds of people are outside protesting! The manager is bitterly clinging to chicken and religion!"

Dang it. now I want some Chick-fil-a and Im trying to save money. Thanks alot guys:p

My maternal grandmother did wonderful things with chicken. However, the processing of the chicken was a bit differant. First, Grandpa went out and caught some chickens. Then he chopped their heads off. Throw them toward us little kids, and we all ran around screaming as the headless chicken flopped and sometimes actually ran. Then the chicken was scalded, and the feathers plucked. Then the chicken was cleaned, and we asked questions about what we were seeing. Then cut up and dipped in flour and spices, fried, then steamed.

Probably a function of memory and age, but that chicken seemed so much more flavorful in my memories than any you can get at a store or fast food joint today. And the dose of the reality of how the world actually worked was invaluable to us kids.

Gimme a list, I want to start a poll. Who has the best fried chicken.

/she said politely

Before she died, my Grandmother fixed the best fried chicken in the world.

I hear ya. I've yet to find my paternal grandmother's pancakes anywhere. They were the consistency of potato pancakes, and literally fried in butter.

Mountain View Online : Mountain View set to OK Chik-Fil-A

Council member Laura Macias said she disagreed with the owner's views, but could not make that a basis for rejecting their proposal.

"What they are doing politically as owners and individuals is not funny and I would not want to support a business like that," Macias said. "But I have to keep that completely separate from deciding if they are obeying the letter of the law in terms of land use."

Good for her.

My maternal grandmother did wonderful things with chicken. However, the processing of the chicken was a bit differant. First, Grandpa went out and caught some chickens. Then he chopped their heads off. Throw them toward us little kids, and we all ran around screaming as the headless chicken flopped and sometimes actually ran. Then the chicken was scalded, and the feathers plucked. Then the chicken was cleaned, and we asked questions about what we were seeing. Then cut up and dipped in flour and spices, fried, then steamed.

Probably a function of memory and age, but that chicken seemed so much more flavorful in my memories than any you can get at a store or fast food joint today. And the dose of the reality of how the world actually worked was invaluable to us kids.
That's because it was.

Most people have no idea now lousy and non-nutritive their food is today because they've never had anything else.

Forum List

Back