Chicago World's Deadliest City

Chicago has been labelled the world's most deadly city, based on statistics of murders per 100,000 people. Chicago leads with 19.2, beating out even deadly cities such as Sao Paulo and Mexico City. Is this a fair title for the Windy City?

The Deadliest Global City | NBC Chicago

What do you propose we should do about it?

Community based values training in boys and girls clubs in the worst neighborhoods would be a good start.

whew....sometimes when i read the news about chicago...its sounds like an alien place.....drive bys killing small kids etc...flash mobs robbing stores etc.

what can be done? what will be done as urban decay grows in the inner cities...and people become more desperate...what you see now are a generation of youth that doesnt care...why should they...they know they are caught in a cycle....well many are too uneducated to even realize that

Chicago has been labelled the world's most deadly city, based on statistics of murders per 100,000 people. Chicago leads with 19.2, beating out even deadly cities such as Sao Paulo and Mexico City. Is this a fair title for the Windy City?

Community based values training in boys and girls clubs in the worst neighborhoods would be a good start.

Great idea.....they can all hold hands and sing songs

I think the World needs more information on this topic.

When one good-for-nothing gang-banger kills one of his Comrades-in-Arms, it shouldn't count as a negative on the City's scorecard. In fact, it should be treated statistically as a "negative" homicide (which is to say, a good thing), since the city is then better off by the elimination of one criminal.

Only count the homicides when the victim is truly innocent - a passer-by or someone who is mistakenly hit in a crossfire.

In fact, I would take it one step further. I don't think the police should even bother trying to capture and prosecute people who kill drug dealers and such. Make it a misdemeanor, $5 fine.

Think of it as the "Dexter" principle.

What should we do?

Should the state step in?
Should the federal government step in?
Should we just ignore it because it's just a lot of blacks and Hispanics killing each other?

Take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Lol! I wish I could rep you twice for that.

Take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Sounds a bit radical.

New Topics

Forum List

Back