Chicago To Open All Black Male School

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Ummm....I see their reasoning but....ummm.....

Never mind. I won't say the obvious.

-------

CHICAGO, Nov. 6 (UPI) -- The Chicago school district plans to open an all-boys high school primarily for black teenagers.

The Urban Prep Charter Academy for Young Men must be approved by the Board of Education this month, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Mayor Richard Daley plans to open 100 schools in the city in the next five years. Plans for the next two years include a virtual elementary school, a high school operated by the University of Chicago and a high school stressing business entrepreneurship.

Urban Prep would be located inside Englewood High School. Backers say it is aimed at a group that has the lowest graduation rate of any in the city.

"We're going to take our students where they are and help them gain admission to college and succeed once they are there," said Tim King, the founder of Urban Prep. "Clearly there is a high need for figuring out how to serve these kids academically."

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20051106-115817-2358r

Is this legal??

I thought schools couldn't discriminate according to sex if they received state funding??

WAsn't there a lawsuit filed against a boys military school down south a few years ago because they didn't allow girls to become cadets, I think the school was the Citadel?

wasnt the whole point of the civil rights movement to desegregate schools so that men could be judged by their character and not skin color?

MLK is probably turning in his grave.

GotZoom said:
Ummm....I see their reasoning but....ummm.....

Never mind. I won't say the obvious.

I'll take a crack at the obvious...

Blacks are the FIRST to scream racist, yet with their own actions, are also the FIRST to segregate themselves.

They want one set of rules for them and them alone, and then another set of rules for everyone else.

I'm sick of it. I don't see or hear anything even close from any other race on earth. Blacks are the biggest belly achers and racists on earth. I have no pity for a lazy, violent people that ruin just about everything where ever there numbers increase. Just ask France. They're having a lot of fun with their blacks right now.

dmp said:
I wonder what their mascot will be?

:)
I predict a black mamba, a black cat or a black bird.

With as much controversy as there is surrounding issues like all black schools, all white schools, all boys or all girls schools, or school uniforms, it seems like all-inclusive schools designed to specialize in certain groups and that hold high social standards like wearing a jacket and tie to class would be preferred by most people because it seems like it would solve some cultural problems we get when we pool everybody together in the same schools like we do now.

All boys and all girls schools would definately cut down on teen pregnancies. School uniforms would teach kids to have pride in the way they look, etc.

So when is someone going to start an All-White, Male school? I mean the precedent has been set. ITs not racist to create a school that discriminates based on skin color so i would like to see someone create a school just for white people in a white neighborhood. See how far they get in designing before Jesse JAckson comes knocking at the door for a nice little publicity stunt.

insein said:
So when is someone going to start an All-White, Male school? I mean the precedent has been set. ITs not racist to create a school that discriminates based on skin color so i would like to see someone create a school just for white people in a white neighborhood. See how far they get in designing before Jesse JAckson comes knocking at the door for a nice little publicity stunt.
Well, what's stopping them? If blacks can do it, why can't whites? I think the Ivy League students are mostly white. Blacks and other races are mostly tokens aren't they?

Ha! This has the putrid stench of KKKarl Rove and Chimpy McBu$hitler all over it!

KKKarl probly ordered the construction of this all black school thru his GOP Oreo House ******* Battalion, all to make it LOOK like there are racist black people, which we all know is utterly rediculous...unless their in KKKarl's GOP Oreo House ******* Battalion of course! Just more racist fearmongering from teh Bu$hitler and his imp! GOD DAMMIT I HATE THOSE GUYS!!!!!11!!1!!one!!one1!!

insein said:

That's the point exactly. One set of rules for the blacks, and one set of rules for everyone else. Blacks want to be able to do as they please, but don't you dare do what they do.

It stinks. Blacks are the most racist people on earth. They've been coddled and pampered, given special treatment and a playing field tilted in their favor, and had everything handed to them on a silver platter for so long by the American government, they've gotten to the point where they believe that's just the way it is... for THEM. NO ONE ELSE!

ONLY THEY can have an all black school. ONLY THEY can have a black entertainment channel. ONLY THEY can have a miss black America pagent. ONLY THEY can have a black college fund. The list goes on and on. It's disgusting.

What puzzles me is, if the blacks are sooooo damn mistreated here in America, and they REALLY, REALLY want to be by themselves, since they call themselves "african Americans", why the hell don't they just GO BACK TO AFRICA? Oh that's right. If they went back to africa, they wouldn't be able to cry racist. They wouldn't have an excuse for being lazy, and the african government isn't going to give them special treatment like the American government does. They've got it too good here and they know it. That's why you don't see a mass migration of blacks back to africa. But you'd never know it by the way they act.

all-boys high school primarily for black teenagers.

It says primarilly, it does not say that whites will not be admitted or not aloud to enroll. This probably means that for some reason (location for example) it is believed that the student population will be mostly black. It is still illegal to segregate almost anything based on skin color.

deaddude said:
It says primarilly, it does not say that whites will not be admitted or not aloud to enroll. This probably means that for some reason (location for example) it is believed that the student population will be mostly black. It is still illegal to segregate almost anything based on skin color.

make up is segregated by skin color......

deaddude said:

What white kid in his right mind is going to go to a school like that?

Forum List

Back