Chicago Teachers Union Turns Down 2% INCREASE!!! WTF!!!

If your boss told you you had to work 29% more hours for the same pay...

Let me give you and example of how it works in the private sector!

In my company (which is in the credit industry has was having troubles): We had 30 AE, 5 managers (6 AEs per team). When the market turned they had RIF (reduction in force). 5 AE jobs were elimiated, 2 managers were eliminated. The accounts held by the 5 AEs were distributed to the team and now the managers picked up 4 more AEs each to manage. We were all give more work and no raise. On top of that, they forced us to take one furlough each month (unpaid day off). Was anyone happy, nope, but were they glad to keep their jobs. Yep.

In marketing departments it happens all the time. They take 3 associates. Tell two of them your fired and the 1 left must do his/her work plus the other twos work.

In the private sector you get more work and hours for the same plan regularly.

IL has a MAJOR budge deficit. Teachers are getting laid off left and right. The students are falling behind the rest of the country and they are told to pick up the slack and not even do it for free, rather do it for a raise!

Cry me a river on have to work frok 8:00 - 4:30!!!
Unhappy, over worked teachers won't make schools better.

And if it is so easy go become a teacher, use that money to raise your family and pay back the loans you had to get. I bet you have no problem with a Doctor over charging you for a medical procedure because he has to pay for his lifestyle.

Forum List

Back