Chicago teachers to go on strike after talks with Rahm Emanuel fail

I hate public unions .. I say FIRE them and start hiring NEW college grads or non union teachers.

1. Chicago teachers strike with an impasse against Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago.

2. The school district was facing a $700 million deficit.

3. The latest offer has been a 16% raise and an evaluation tied to student standardized test scores, but teachers aren’t having any part of it. They say that would cost 6,000 teacher jobs.

Read more: Chicago teachers to go on strike after talks with district fail | Fox News

Who these days is seeing a 16% raise? Teachers have to be accountable for their performance, but the devil is in the details. Scores should only count from spring to spring scores, (No pre and post scores) and only students without attendance problems should be included in the evaluation. It should be on growth of performance and not meeting the standards of the grade. (one month growth for each month in school would be considered average)

1. Chicago teachers strike with an impasse against Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago.

3. The latest offer has been a 16% raise and an evaluation tied to student standardized test scores, but teachers aren’t having any part of it. They say that would cost 6,000 teacher jobs.

Read more: Chicago teachers to go on strike after talks with district fail | Fox News

Who these days is seeing a 16% raise? Teachers have to be accountable for their performance, but the devil is in the details. Scores should only count from spring to spring scores, (No pre and post scores) and only students without attendance problems should be included in the evaluation. It should be on growth of performance and not meeting the standards of the grade. (one month growth for each month in school would be considered average)

A 16% raise in this economy? Now we know who the fuck is causing bankruptices in our AMerican cities. It's time for some union busting if you ask me.

I think it's the "merit pay" the unions are scared of, it goes against everything unions stand for to get paid for what you do.

Sounds like the teachers know that if raises are based on performance 6,000 teachers are too poorly performing to keep their jobs. I saw one with a sign that said "Stop war, pay teachers" so it's obvious that this teacher is too stupid to teach a class.

The city has a 700 million dollar deficit. The teachers should be glad they have a job at all. Let Chicago go. Let the teachers go on strike, let the police go on strike. Just let the whole city fail.

Who else will teach stupid Chicago residents? Who is willing to educate the stupid fucks that attend Chicago public schools? If anything these teachers are vastly underpaid!

Greedy fucking Chicago Democrats

A 16% raise in this economy? Now we know who the fuck is causing bankruptices in our AMerican cities. It's time for some union busting if you ask me.

this is what's funny......a Democrat mayor who is trying to not bankrupt his city finally has to fight against the Democrat union which has coasted for 25 strike-free years on the gravy train....

Sounds like the teachers know that if raises are based on performance 6,000 teachers are too poorly performing to keep their jobs. I saw one with a sign that said "Stop war, pay teachers" so it's obvious that this teacher is too stupid to teach a class.

The city has a 700 million dollar deficit. The teachers should be glad they have a job at all. Let Chicago go. Let the teachers go on strike, let the police go on strike. Just let the whole city fail.

The deficit is because of Bush

this is what's funny......a Democrat mayor who is trying to not bankrupt his city finally has to fight against the Democrat union which has coasted for 25 strike-free years on the gravy train....

What they need is a community organizer to sue the government on their behalf claiming they "deserve" it.

Why do Democrats hate education?

Why do Democrats hate Children?

Blackhearted bastards!

Notice how quiet the liberals are on this.

They will flood the board, as soon as their comrades at the DNC give them their talking points on what they should think about this.

Remember in "Sleeper" our civilization was destroyed when "According to history, over 100 years ago, a man named Albert Shanker got a hold of a nuclear warhead."

Staged union event for Obamination to step in to "save" his old hometown????

The Department of Education led by Obamination rides in on their white horse to get the little kiddies back in class....

Looks fishy.....

The Department of Education led by Obamination rides in on their white horse to get the little kiddies back in class....

Looks fishy.....

Hmmm, Obama did lower the seas, maybe this is his October Surprise?

My uninformed sources still insist Obama is going to find a way to remove Biden from the ticket and blame the Tea Party

They will flood the board, as soon as their comrades at the DNC give them their talking points on what they should think about this.

You mean what they should say about it, not think. If they were able to think, they would be posting here already

rather a quandry isn't it....?

i wonder what "The People" are going to say.....

I think the October surprise will be Democraps having someone come forward claiming Romney had a beer while in college or that he had some secret affair with an illegal alien maid that "just somehow" can't be located today....

Looks fishy.....

Hmmm, Obama did lower the seas, maybe this is his October Surprise?

My uninformed sources still insist Obama is going to find a way to remove Biden from the ticket and blame the Tea Party

26_000_Chicago_Teachers_Will_Strike-cbb0a3de2b8490294b223f8c70909c3f

Wow! These are the striking Marxists called Chicago Teachers

What a crew

Forum List

Back