Chicago Teachers Strike Over Accountability

Sorry, you'll have to provide a "nation-wide" figure demonstrating just how easy it is to fire a teacher. Your rule, not mine.

I never said I was smart. Pay attention.

I just proved you wrong.

butt hurt much?

So where's the nation-wide figure demonstrating how easy it is to fire a teacher?

Hmm...

Butt hurt? Again with the vulgarities. Is that how you teach children?

you have proven that you are nothing but a snarky little whiner.

I will leave you with this.

if being a teacher is so easy, pays so much, cant be fired then why in hell don't you be a teacher?

I just proved you wrong.

butt hurt much?

So where's the nation-wide figure demonstrating how easy it is to fire a teacher?

Hmm...

Butt hurt? Again with the vulgarities. Is that how you teach children?

you have proven that you are nothing but a snarky little whiner.

I will leave you with this.

if being a teacher is so easy, pays so much, cant be fired then why in hell don't you be a teacher?

I was a teacher. It's how I worked my way through graduate school. I do much better now.

Best of luck to you and that mouth.

Clearly you have NO FRICKIN' IDEA what regular workers in private industry get in the form of benefits.{QUOTE}eflatminor

Unlike many 'regular workers' I have a master's degree.

I also enjoy the one-sided salary comparisons. The average wage in Chicago or any other major city has all who are in poverty thrown in to lower the average.
A much more fair comparison would be comparing all those with master degrees in Chicago with teachers with master degrees.

Statistics are only valid if comparisons are on equal levels.

Clearly you have NO FRICKIN' IDEA what regular workers in private industry get in the form of benefits.{QUOTE}eflatminor

I also enjoy the one-sided salary comparisons. The average wage in Chicago or any other major city has all who are in poverty thrown in to lower the average.
A much more fair comparison would be comparing all those with master degrees in Chicago with teachers with master degrees.

Agreed. I think teachers...good ones...should be free to demand much higher salaries than they do. That would be the case with free market education. As it stands, the best, most highly educated teachers get thrown into pay grades determined by central planners. Inadequate compensation for the best performers is just another sad consequence of the government monopoly on affordable education. You should have the opportunity to earn more and well as the threat of termination if you fail...just like the real world.

Agreed. I think teachers...good ones...should be free to demand much higher salaries than they do. That would be the case with free market education. As it stands, the best, most highly educated teachers get thrown into pay grades determined by central planners. Inadequate compensation for the best performers is just another sad consequence of the government monopoly on affordable education. You should have the opportunity to earn more and well as the threat of termination if you fail...just like the real world.

For some years I sat in on teacher evaluations, and most of the time student-learning was not even discussed. It seems the principal's goal, and I worked with a number of principals, was a smooth running trouble-free school. A school making the five o'clock news was the kiss of death. Many considerations, other than learning, went into the evaluations that I considered them useless. Even a teacher's politics was discussed. Fortunately the teacher evaluations were not part of a raise. Today, most teachers do not trust teacher evaluations and to connect them to standardized tests is worse. When teachers get standardized schools, standardized classes, a standarized playing field they might accept them more readily.

For some years I sat in on teacher evaluations, and most of the time student-learning was not even discussed. It seems the principal's goal, and I worked with a number of principals, was a smooth running trouble-free school. A school making the five o'clock news was the kiss of death. Many considerations, other than learning, went into the evaluations that I considered them useless. Even a teacher's politics was discussed. Fortunately the teacher evaluations were not part of a raise. Today, most teachers do not trust teacher evaluations and to connect them to standardized tests is worse. When teachers get standardized schools, standardized classes, a standarized playing field they might accept them more readily.

Well said...

Forum List

Back