Chicago-Style Gangsterism Claims Another Victim...

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by LibocalypseNow, Dec 17, 2009.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Rumors are swirling this week about this White House possibly threatening fellow Democrat Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska with military base closings if he did not vote for their Health Care Legislation. If true,this could be a crime worthy of full investigation. More reports are also out there of other similar threats being made to several other fellow Democrats who may oppose their Legislation. It seems Chicago-Style Gangsterism Politics really has come to the White House. This is very sad and disturbing. Poor old Ben Nelson must be so disillusioned with this President at this point. I have to say that i'm not too surprised by this though. I like many others feared this type of Chicago-Style Politics coming to the White House during the Election.

My main concern now is whether or not a crime was committed with these threats to Ben Nelson? In my opinion this type of intimidation should be fully investigated. I understand this isn't likely as long as the Democrats have complete control though. Maybe if the Republicans take Congress back,they can go forward with an investigation. There really may have been serious crimes committed by this White House and some Democratic members of Congress. I do hope we see some justice on this at some point. In the mean time,my heart really does go out to Ben Nelson. Chicago-Style Politics can be very ugly and now even a fellow Democrat understands this. How sad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,653

You want to find out how many California military bases were closed under Poppi Bush? Or maybe check on who makes base closure recommendations? And who makes those final decisions? After how long a period?

Then come back to us with your accusations.

3. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I think many more of this President's devout followers are going to become just as disillusioned as Ben Nelson must be. Pretty sad stuff.

4. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Regardless of what Admisnistration uses the BRAC process as a political hammer, does not make it justified one way or the other. The BRAC process was supposed to be fair and non-political and as someone who has seen first hand this process if far from that. I'm not sure if the Obama Administration used this as a threat or not but according to Sen. Nelson it's not true, but the original source is sticking by his story. So it would not surprise me much if had been. The Ironic part in all this is you have an Administration talking about jobs and are at the same time in a effort to get legislation passed willing to sacrifice 10,000 of them in order to do so, much like it did with the F-22 in order to get the Defense Cuts through congress.

5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Chicago-style politics: yes.
    Probability that Offutt would actually make the BRAC list, let alone be seriously considered for closure: Next to zero.

Luca Brazi Emanuel should probably understand the absurdity of the threat to any military HQ base (Offutt being HQ for USAF Strategic Command) being shut down, before he tries such a transparently lame attempt at blackmail in the future.

6. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    My guess is that in another year,most devout Obama followers will have become extremely disillusioned with him. This intimidation stuff is disgraceful and i'm sure if he had an (R) by his name,the devout Hopey Changey followers would have a completely different take on it. My heart really does go out to Ben Nelson.

7. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    Anyone got a link?

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAhdE6D-QWs[/ame]

9. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    So, according to Ben Nelson, this whole story is fake.

.....that's a threadkiller, isn't it?

10. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    The threat is out there. It may not have been direct but the threat is out there. Chicago-Style Gangsterism is alive and well in this White House. Pretty sad stuff.