Chicago Set To Get Hit With Record Snow Storm!!!

It's dark now. I'm going to go finish up dinner for me and my friends. I just called my GF to see if her hubby made it home, he did. She said, "They are saying that you should not go outside, if possible. Can you bring food over?" I said, "FU." LOL! She lives next door, been friends for almost 30 years. Next door neighbors for over 10.

my grandparents live in St. Charles and they're getting five inches an hour.

my grandparents live in St. Charles and they're getting five inches an hour.

My daughter lives in St. Charles too, they did get a lot. the thundersnow was very weird, once it started, couldn't see out the windows.

I haven't seen totals yet, but it was a heck of a lot of snow. Biggest problem was the wind, over 50mph sustained, with plenty of 60+mph gusts. Around 9 the sun came out, I think it's over. The winds are down to 20mph, with occasional gusts.

I got my front door open enough to grab the shovel that was next to it. Brought it into house and went to garage, opened and there was a 4' wall of snow. My driveway is like 35' long. So, I started taking it down by layers, though where to put it? My driveway is separated from my neighbors by a narrow hedge, so only one way to throw snow. While I was doing my best, neighbor's son and his friend pull up to do her's. We were talking a bit and they were going fast, me a layer at a time. After clearing off about 2.5' in front of garage, peeking around the corner and seeing over 5' drift on walk to house, I said, "Break time." The snow is heavy and I have high blood pressure and mild heart problem, so I just do not push.

Grabbed a cup of coffee and my brother called, saying he'd come out later with his snow blower. I looked out the window and the boys were doing my snow. Well they're over 25 so money didn't seem right, the son is an accountant, but I know they like to party. Grabbed two 6 packs of Dos Equis my brother had left and they were happy as clams. Called my brother and told him, he said, "Bless their hearts, you could have given them my Johnnie Walker Black."

Looking at my back neighbor's deck which is on 2nd story they have at least 7' on it, can only see about 6" of the top of their sliding glass doors. They won't be opening them for awhile, tonight the temps are going down to -8 or colder.

Forum List

Back