Chicago politicians divided on Gay Games

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
I'd like to know what some of the "competitions" in the "Gay Games" are?

1. Spooge-launch
2. "Going-down captain"!
3. Poop-rocket toss
4. Circle-jerk
5. Brownie Munch
6. Brown-eye archery shoot
7. Competitive butt-shaving
8. Bobbing for nut sacks
9. Guy-eating contest

Someone needs to get al qaeda on the horn....pssst "chicago" pssst :D

Cook officials withdraw names from Gay Games welcome

The five Republicans on the Cook County Board of Commissioners have withdrawn their names from a proclamation welcoming the 2006 Gay Games to Chicago.

The Illinois Family Institute in Glen Ellyn is urging Democratic commissioners to do the same.

"There's a big difference between tolerating and celebrating homosexuality," said Peter LaBarbera of the group. "For governments to be using taxpayer money and big corporations spending money to sponsor this, we think the average Joe sees that as being just a little bit off."

The proclamation welcoming the weeklong Olympics-style games was approved last month by commissioners. It is ceremonial and has no substantial impact on whether the games go forward.

"I must have been out of the room" when the proclamation came before the board, said Tony Peraica, one of the five Republicans on the 17-commissioner board.

"I'm a pro-family kind of person and conservative on social issues," Peraica said.

Organizers say the Gay Games could pump $50 million to $80 million into Chicago's economy.

Gay Games spokeswoman Tracy Baim said she's not surprised by the commissioners' move. She said she "was actually more surprised when they" voted in favor of the welcome.

Commissioner Mike Quigley will play hockey in the games and sponsored the proclamation.

"It's a blinding bias and animosity that is overriding human interest, job creation, economic development and the whole spirit of athletic competition," Quigley said of the five commissioners' withdrawing their names from the welcome.

Next year's opening ceremony, July 15, is planned for Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, and the closing ceremonies, July 22, are to be held at the Chicago Cubs' Wrigley Field.

The city of Chicago isn't a financial sponsor but it is a strategic partner, which means its working with organizers to line up the facilities and other resources.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-050721gaygames,1,89652.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Maybe it's a lot easier to jump around like that when you're nuts are being hugged.
gaygames.jpg

Abbey Normal said:
Why argue strenuously that you just want to be treated like everyone else, and then go out of your way to engage in segregated activities?
Might want to ask the Jews that one too!

A rodeo stock contractor I knew in college provided the stock for a queer rodeo once, said they were paying him alot of money and he needed some help with the animals and loading the chutes, said we'd drink all the free beer we wanted. So being in college, liking beer and being offered the chance to see queers get the shit stomped out of them legally sounded like fun.

OH MY GOD, these freaks did some shit, had some games or skits they performed in between events that would make your hair stand on end. Besides the fact that they had a wild horse race where you have teams of 5, and the object is to get that stud out of the chute, saddled and rode around the arena one time. Well these broncs we brought were GREEN, I MEAN GREEN! Straight off the pasture, never saddled, well the gates open and this 1 queer gets drilled I mean DRILLED, he's fucking hurting and bleeding, out cold. Well my friends and I, when I was rodeoing, your first instinct was to always freaking drag the person to safety before the animal makes another pas at em, went to do that and the queers partner, boyfriend, buttbuddy whatever you want to call em yells out "no, don't touch him he's positive". Screw him, we let him bleed until the anmulance got there.

Don't know if i'd be attending queer athletic events.

Anyway these Repubs are doing the right thing, taking a stand for what is right. God bless them.

Abbey Normal said:
My statement was purposely general, to apply to lots of social and ethnic groups. I'm curious why you mentioned Jews specifically. Do you refer to the Hassidic community?

No--I was referring to Jewish events that are for designed for Jews exclusively. For example
http://www.jccmaccabi.org/index_home.php

To cultivate a deeper understanding and instill an appreciation of Jewish values within Jewish youth, enrich their Jewish identity in an informal setting, and encourage their identification with the state of Israel.

Why should America tolerate its' youth being encouraged to identify with another country?

Forum List

Back