Chicago Police To Donald Trump: We Asked For Help And You Never Responded

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Trump blasted Chicago’s crime rate, but the city’s police department says requests for federal assistance have gone unanswered.

Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated criticism of Chicago’s rising homicide rate, the city’s police department says multiple requests for federal assistance have gone unanswered so far.

The city’s superintendent of police, Eddie Johnson, called out the White House and Department of Justice on Thursday after Trump tweeted “Chicago needs help” in light of several fatal shootings.

Johnson said violence in some Chicago neighborhoods was “unacceptable” but Trump’s administration had yet to provide support.

“We’ve made requests to the White House and the Justice Department for them to support our work — from increasing federal gun prosecution to more FBI, DEA and ATF agents to more funding for mentoring, job training and more,” Johnson said in a statement. “We are still waiting for the administration’s response to our request.”

Trump brought up Chicago again Thursday during his keynote address at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland, but failed to mention what specific federal resources he would make available to the city’s police.

“I’m also working with the Department of Justice to begin reducing violent crime,” Trump told the crowd. “I mean, can you believe what’s happening in Chicago, as an example? Two days ago, seven people were shot, and I believe killed. ... We will support the incredible men and women of law enforcement.”

A few minutes later, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) blasted Trump for tweeting about Chicago instead of taking action.

More: Chicago Police To Donald Trump: We Asked For Help And You Never Responded

Trump is big on talk - but apparently small on action. Why doesn't he try to help Chicago instead of constantly criticizing?

He had to get cancer cured first. He'll get on Chicago tomorrow. In the meantime, send them some more ammunition. 9mm

WTF is Rahm doing about it? He is the mayor, not Trump. If Trump sends in the Seal Teams to eliminate the gangs, I can just hear the whining.

Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated criticism of Chicago’s rising homicide rate, the city’s police department says multiple requests for federal assistance have gone unanswered so far
More fake news!!! do you know why it's fake? The CPD can't ask the feds for help or anything else, that is the job of the Mayor and he has said publicly he wants no help from Trump. If Trump were to respond to the CPD he would be ridiculed for going over the head of the Mayor. JEEEEZ dude where do you get this BS? It's a twisted fake news story. Stop reading that crap. For your own good.

I'm sure the NRA wants to keep all those guns flowing into Chicago.

The NRA is shipping guns to Chicago?

In this one comment you expose yourself ignorant to as to what the NRA is all about.

Stick to threads about baby murder and the ones doing it, Planned Parenthood

Trump blasted Chicago’s crime rate, but the city’s police department says requests for federal assistance have gone unanswered.

Despite President Donald Trump’s repeated criticism of Chicago’s rising homicide rate, the city’s police department says multiple requests for federal assistance have gone unanswered so far.

The city’s superintendent of police, Eddie Johnson, called out the White House and Department of Justice on Thursday after Trump tweeted “Chicago needs help” in light of several fatal shootings.

Johnson said violence in some Chicago neighborhoods was “unacceptable” but Trump’s administration had yet to provide support.

“We’ve made requests to the White House and the Justice Department for them to support our work — from increasing federal gun prosecution to more FBI, DEA and ATF agents to more funding for mentoring, job training and more,” Johnson said in a statement. “We are still waiting for the administration’s response to our request.”

Trump brought up Chicago again Thursday during his keynote address at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland, but failed to mention what specific federal resources he would make available to the city’s police.

“I’m also working with the Department of Justice to begin reducing violent crime,” Trump told the crowd. “I mean, can you believe what’s happening in Chicago, as an example? Two days ago, seven people were shot, and I believe killed. ... We will support the incredible men and women of law enforcement.”

A few minutes later, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) blasted Trump for tweeting about Chicago instead of taking action.

Trump is big on talk - but apparently small on action. Why doesn't he try to help Chicago instead of constantly criticizing?
Thinking Error: Blaming Others.

In this one comment you expose yourself ignorant to as to what the NRA is all about.

The NRA rabidly supports gun manufacturers and dealers who are funneling guns to Chicago by scuttling legislative efforts to address even the most common-sense gun law reforms.

How The NRA Is Making Bank Off Of Urban Gun Violence

Meanwhile Chicago is on a record pace again,,,,......mentoring and job training is another term for waste.....btw what happened to Billy boys midnight basetball

The NRA rabidly supports gun manufacturers and dealers who are funneling guns to Chicago.

How The NRA Is Making Bank Off Of Urban Gun Violence

It's a Huffing Paint hit piece...only a tool buys what HuffingPaint is selling

Well, they've been ignored for 8 years as the left pretended that they don't even have a problem so what's another week or two? They have experienced record breaking years of high crime under Obama and Rahm. Now, they act like they've been desperately hanging on waiting for help. Obama didn't do shit for them. Rahm didn't do shit. As usual, they look to the grown ups for answers.

They won't like any of the solutions offered, anyway.

Well, they've been ignored for 8 years as the left pretended that they don't even have a problem so what's another week or two? They have experienced record breaking years of high crime under Obama and Rahm. Now, they act like they've been desperately hanging on waiting for help. Obama didn't do shit for them. Rahm didn't do shit. As usual, they look to the grown ups for answers.

They won't like any of the solutions offered, anyway.

Think Obamacare....this is another mess democrats created and now expect someone else to fix it for them. Time after time, the fools never learn

Trump helping would more than likely involve calling out the NG, then insane moonbats like the OP would howl about turning Chicago into a military dictatorship.

You really can't win for losing with the progressive insanity wheel of misfortune.

So unless trump throws more money at them he isnt doing anything, another worn out record being played ober and over again

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trump has been in office for barely a month and hasn't had a cabinet authorized because the democrat party has been dragging their feet to delay the inevitable. Where the hell was Barry Hussein while a thousand of the citizens he used to call on as a community activist were gunned down by gangs? Did he really entertain the radical thugs in the White House who were responsible for inciting violence?

Chicago Police To Donald Trump: We Asked For Help And You Never Responded

Cops have never heard of an empty promise before?

Forum List

Back