Chicago police sergeant: "Tribal warfare" on the streets

Dumocrats have done a fine job in Chicago...Turning it into a miserable Third World Hell-Hole. What a mess.

It has been Dem run for as long as I can remember. It is a miserable Hell-hole. Just before I moved to Georgia 30 years ago, my Sister and Brother-in-law lived in a neighborhood I once lived in. We went to visit them, about 30 minutes into the visit gunfire erupted, we were told to lay on the floor away from the windows. That's the the point where I knew I had to get out of there.

The neighborhood where I lived just before my move is Georgia is so overrun with gangs, kids are being told if they don't join one they will be killed for not joining. It's a requirement to be in a gang now.

Yea, they keep taking guns away from regular citizens, the gangs only turn in the ones that don't work so they can use the money to buy more.

I lived in Chicago in the 80's and 90's when the crime rate was much worse than it is now. In the early 90's, Chicago was pushing 1000 murders per year, double the number today. The fact is that Chicago is a very divided city, always has been. It is divided along racial lines, and in the poor areas, the gangs control the streets. But there are many really nice areas in Chicago also, that are very safe. You just need to know where not to go and when not to go. Anytime after dark, stay the hell out of the bad neighborhoods.

So, restricting guns for the law abiding citizens resulted in the continuance of guns in the hands of criminals and escalation of gang violence. Interesting, apparently someone missed the fundamental concept between law abiding and criminal elements in our society. Go figure. The issue of crime and punishment remains ineffective, until such time that a person that takes the life of another in the commission of a crime results in execution one should expect no change in social behavior.

As for throwing more money at the problem, your kidding no one but yourself.

People get a bad perception when they hear stories like this. What you need to understand is that while innocent people are being killed, they are not the intended victims. The ones with the guns are trying to kill others who also have guns. They just can't shoot for shit, and are so stupid they think trying to shoot their victim in a crowd is a good idea.

CBS News) CHICAGO - Chicago is in the grips of a deadly gang war. At least 275 people have been killed in the city so far this year and many more have been shot, many of them innocent bystanders to the gang violence.

Geez. Afghanistan's safer.

Forum List

Back