Chicago, my kind of town....

I posted this yesterday as I thought it was an important election story considering one of our presidential nominees has had something to do with the City of Chicago over the past 20 years.

My thread was promptly moved to the taunting section by one of our esteemed moderators.

Sigh.

Wow! Obama is responsible for all of the crime in Chicago! AMAZING! Or Obama's community organizing days back in the mid 1990s didn't stem crime! Or Obama is all of a sudden the mayor of Chicago! Or, or, or....

:lol:

David,

You are right. Obama has absolutely no responsibility for what goes on in the city where he has spent the last 20 years of his life, most of it as an elected State Representative and U.S. Senator.

Of course if there were a similar story about Phoenix or Anchorage...

Sigh.

I posted this yesterday as I thought it was an important election story considering one of our presidential nominees has had something to do with the City of Chicago over the past 20 years.

"Had something to do with the city of Chicago over the past 20 years."

Chicago's population is almost 3 million. Is he responsible for everybody's actions there?

Let me guess, he was friends with Mayor Dailey, so that automatically makes him responsible for all of the crime in Chicago. Or, Barack Obama, somehow magically telepathically is making people be violent, right?

COME ON! This is the biggest stretch I've ever heard of. One person among 3 million and because he lived in Chicago, he's autoamtically at fault.

Chicago's population is almost 3 million. Is he responsible for everybody's actions there?

Let me guess, he was friends with Mayor Dailey, so that automatically makes him responsible for all of the crime in Chicago. Or, Barack Obama, somehow magically telepathically is making people be violent, right?

COME ON! This is the biggest stretch I've ever heard of. One person among 3 million and because he lived in Chicago, he's autoamtically at fault.

Like I said Obama bears absolutely no responsibility for what goes on in the city he has lived in and represented for the past 20 years. It is silly to say that any single man could transform one city in 20 years.

On the other hand apparently Obama will be able to transform an entrie world in 4 years. :D

But in all seriousness it would be worth examining what crime legislation Obama wrote or supported while an Illinois State Senator.

David,

You are right. Obama has absolutely no responsibility for what goes on in the city where he has spent the last 20 years of his life, most of it as an elected State Representative and U.S. Senator.

Of course if there were a similar story about Phoenix or Anchorage...

Sigh.

If you have a question about his record as a State Senator, representing the South Side of Chicago, what bills he voted for or against, I'd be happy to discuss that with you. His time as a State Senator has nothing to do with crime in Chicago. And his time as a United States Senator... well, let's see here, last time I checked, there were other cities in Illinois and wait.. wait...

BREAKING NEWS! There are 10 million more people in Illinois than there are in Chicago. Obama is a Senator of Illinois, NOT Chicago. And as a State Senator, you can only vote on bills for Illinois.

By definition, John McCain, Senator of Arizona is responsible for the 12% of the population of Phoenix Arizona living below the poverty line, the 8% of all homes in Arizona that are being hit by the housing crisis, the thousands of murders that have happened in Arizona and don't forget the abysmal record of the Phoenix Cardinals.

:cuckoo:

If you have a question about his record as a State Senator, representing the South Side of Chicago, what bills he voted for or against, I'd be happy to discuss that with you. His time as a State Senator has nothing to do with crime in Chicago. And his time as a United States Senator... well, let's see here, last time I checked, there were other cities in Illinois and wait.. wait...

BREAKING NEWS! There are 10 million more people in Illinois than there are in Chicago. Obama is a Senator of Illinois, NOT Chicago. And as a State Senator, you can only vote on bills for Illinois.

By definition, John McCain, Senator of Arizona is responsible for the 12% of the population of Phoenix Arizona living below the poverty line, the 8% of all homes in Arizona that are being hit by the housing crisis, the thousands of murders that have happened in Arizona and don't forget the abysmal record of the Phoenix Cardinals.

:cuckoo:

Like I said, you are right: Obama has absolutely zero, zilch, zippo responsibility for what goes on in his community.

So are you saying we need to take personal responsibilty for ourselves?

It's funny how Bush is to blame for everything bad that happenes in the country and we can't even link Obama one thing bad that happens in Chicago... More hypocrisy from the left.

Last edited:

It's funny how Bush is to blame for everything bad that happenes in the country and we can't even link Obama one thing bad that happens in Chicago... More hypocrisy from the left.

I don't believe this crap. Bush is the President. Right? Obama is a Senator right? Obama isn't Richard Daley is he?

Like I said, you are right: Obama has absolutely zero, zilch, zippo responsibility for what goes on in his community.

It's not his community. He's not the mayor of Chicago. Are you responsible for all of the crime that happens in your area? I know there are jokes about him being the Messiah, but Obama is NOT Super-Man!

I don't believe this crap. Bush is the President. Right? Obama is a Senator right? Obama isn't Richard Daley is he?

Obama's big claim to fame was community organizer right... Sorry, but I don't want my community organized like this... What the hell did he do in Chicago for 20 years? Anyone have a clue?

I don't blame Bush for everything bad that happens to this country, no one does. I blame him for rushing our troops off to war. I blame him for not working with the Republican Congress enough to create more regulation for the housing industry. I blame the Republican controlled Congress for ignoring John McCain when he wanted to install more regulation in the housing industry. I blame Phil Gramm for the bill he created that allowed commercial and investment banks to do business. I blame Bush for spending, spending, spending and not balancing the budget. I blame Bush for not doing enough in Afghanistan as Commander in Chief of our armed forces. I blame Bush for giving tax cuts to the rich while the middle and lower classes suffer. I blame Bush for not working with Congress to create new bills that could help eliminate poverty from this country.

A member of Congress can only vote on bills that are put before them. John McCain has a long Senate career, but I don't blame him on everything wrong with Arizona. It's nuts to.

Obama's big claim to fame was community organizer right... Sorry, but I don't want my community organized like this... What the hell did he do in Chicago for 20 years? Anyone have a clue?

If you knew anything about community organising you'd understand. It's not about city government. It's about helping those without privilege, those who need help, people like the homeless. Equating Obama with the Daley regimes is patently stupid.

After four years in New York City, Obama moved to Chicago, where he was hired as director of Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Greater Roseland (Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale) on Chicago's far South Side, and worked there for three years from June 1985 to May 1988.

Interestingly enough, crime was down in Chicago during those years.....

Yet McCain is Bush? Hmmm...

Pssst... yer hat looks a little crooked this morning mate. Better tidy up before the sheila's arrive :)

Yet McCain is Bush? Hmmm...

Pssst... yer hat looks a little crooked this morning mate. Better tidy up before the sheila's arrive :)

McCain more of the same - as the saying goes :D

Night time here - needed the hat this arvo though, very sunny and 35c, early start to summer bugger it, going to be another long, hot, dry summer.

I don't blame Bush for everything bad that happens to this country, no one does. I blame him for rushing our troops off to war. I blame him for not working with the Republican Congress enough to create more regulation for the housing industry. I blame the Republican controlled Congress for ignoring John McCain when he wanted to install more regulation in the housing industry. I blame Phil Gramm for the bill he created that allowed commercial and investment banks to do business. I blame Bush for spending, spending, spending and not balancing the budget. I blame Bush for not doing enough in Afghanistan as Commander in Chief of our armed forces. I blame Bush for giving tax cuts to the rich while the middle and lower classes suffer. I blame Bush for not working with Congress to create new bills that could help eliminate poverty from this country.

A member of Congress can only vote on bills that are put before them. John McCain has a long Senate career, but I don't blame him on everything wrong with Arizona. It's nuts to.

Don't forget some of you Democrat buddies voted for the war as well...

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Let's take this an issue at a time...

Regarding housing... When do you think the problem first started?

Remember according to Barney Frank in 2003 there was no problem...

Forum List

Back