Chicago Mayor: Emanuel Kicked Off Ballot

Did th century turn in 2006?

Does going to a Bears game qualify you to talk about Chicago? :eusa_shhh:

Being treated like shit on 100% of my travels there does entitle me to an opinion, yes.

If you think you were treated like shit in Chicago, you would stand no chance in Philly, Boston, NYC or D.C. The people of Chicago are WAY friendlier then any of those cities. Maybe you just need to toughen up?

Does going to a Bears game qualify you to talk about Chicago? :eusa_shhh:

Being treated like shit on 100% of my travels there does entitle me to an opinion, yes.

If you think you were treated like shit in Chicago, you would stand no chance in Philly, Boston, NYC or D.C. The people of Chicago are WAY friendlier then any of those cities. Maybe you just need to toughen up?

I lived in NYC for many years; did just fine. I'm not knocking the whole town, perhaps I should go back when my friend goes to visit her folks in Maywood, or wherever it is.

I lived in NYC for many years; did just fine. I'm not knocking the whole town, perhaps I should go back when my friend goes to visit her folks in Maywood, or wherever it is.

Yeah, I understand not liking a place for legit reasons, but Chicago is a major city, there is crime and shit does happen. Every city has crime and rude people, some more then others. Chicago has so much to offer I don't see how anyone can discredit it without really experiencing all the good aspects.

They used to have these Chinese places on Bourbon called "Takee Outee" God.. that was some nasty shit. But, after drinking for 6 hours... what the hey.

Rahm's defense will be, Oh yeah? What about Obama!?

Actually, that might just be what could get him back on the ballot. It depends on how much he knows. I'm sure Rohm has a delicious piece of info and his silence could be bought for the right arm or arm being twisted in the Illinois Supreme Court.

Fair enough, I'll go back.. maybe this time I can get mugged?

I once ate bad Alligator on Bourbon Street, gave me food poisoning. The entire city must make shitty, rotten food.

Who the hell eats ANYTHING on Bourbon Street? Let me guess, probably ate at Masperros as well?

Don't remember the name of it, It was over 15 years ago. But the point was how can I judge an entire city based upon an isolated incident?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is funny because?:confused: When it was Cheney being eligible for the VP, that wasn't so funny was it? I think these issues should be addressed & set in stone for whatever the case maybe, so they stop tying up government on mudane issues. Just like O' birth certificate. Instead of establishing clear eligibility requirements, Congress dicks it around so nothing gets fixed. I suppose if the Supreme Court rules on this Emanuel issue, it will still leave 49 more states to each go through the same thing eventually.

The Supreme Court of Who? The US?

They wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. It is obviously a local issue, and the City has every right to dictate who and how someone can become Mayor. Rahm didn't meet the requirements, but thought they'd look the other way. They didn't give a shit who he was, he doesn't get to run.

The Supreme Court of Illinois?

They wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. It is obviously a local issue, and the City has every right to dictate who and how someone can become Mayor. Rahm didn't meet the requirements, but thought they'd look the other way. They didn't give a shit who he was, he doesn't get to run.

His best bet is to apply for Olberman's old gig. I do't think they'd hire him either, but it will be proof for his unemployment officer.

Tsk! Where do all the old dogs go??

Yeah, I understand not liking a place for legit reasons, but Chicago is a major city, there is crime and shit does happen. Every city has crime and rude people, some more then others. Chicago has so much to offer I don't see how anyone can discredit it without really experiencing all the good aspects.

But, but, they made the Chicago style pizza.......... Hmm, maybe the upper layer is to hide the bad meat inside? LOL!

Rahm is not above the law. He has not been a resident for at least one year prior to the election. Sorry, that is the law. He gambled and lost. His Last shot is the State Supreme Court - my bet is that they will uphold and he'll be bounced from the ballot.

Oh well - he can look forward to 2015.

Rahm is not above the law. He has not been a resident for at least one year prior to the election. Sorry, that is the law. He gambled and lost. His Last shot is the State Supreme Court - my bet is that they will uphold and he'll be bounced from the ballot.

Oh well - he can look forward to 2015.

I dunno. While I hope the rule of law will be upheld, prior cases in this administration aren't encouraging. Somehow I think the IL Supreme Court will find some kind of exception based on "the will of the people" or something. Wouldn't surprise me at all. THey are the most corrupt state since Edwin Edwards went to jail.

The ballots are now being printed without his name.... He lost his bid for a stay.

If the current ruling holds, it will be interesting to see if one other candidate will become a front runner against Carol Moseley Braun.

Last edited:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is funny because?:confused: When it was Cheney being eligible for the VP, that wasn't so funny was it? I think these issues should be addressed & set in stone for whatever the case maybe, so they stop tying up government on mudane issues. Just like O' birth certificate. Instead of establishing clear eligibility requirements, Congress dicks it around so nothing gets fixed. I suppose if the Supreme Court rules on this Emanuel issue, it will still leave 49 more states to each go through the same thing eventually.

It's funny because Karma Is A Bitch and this incident puts in high relief how our Ruling Elite constantly attempt to exempt themselves from the laws they impose of the rest of us.

Its Chicago. Rahm could still win without being on the ballot. The dead may be unaware of his plight.

Forum List

Back