Chicago is obama's model for the nation.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Obama: 'Chicago Is an Example of What Makes This Country Great' | The Weekly Standard

"Chicago is an example of what makes this country great," Obama said. His audience applauded.

President Obama's proof for his assertion? The donors in the room, who had given to his reelection campaign. "Witness this room,

I believe him. I absolutely believe that Chicago is an example of what obama wants for the country.

Not only because it has an outrageous crime rate but because it represents the perfection of political corruption.

6 murders on Saturday ties city's single-day record for 2012...
:eek:
Killings tie 2012 single-day record
August 21, 2012: Number of homicides on Saturday ties city's single-day record for 2012
Taylor Diorio, 17, went back to her old South Side community over the weekend to attend her best friend's birthday party, according to the teen's family. But as the southwest suburban girl was getting a ride home with four other people early Saturday, someone opened fire on their car, fatally striking Diorio in the head, Chicago police said. "Every time I saw her, she had this glow to her," Diorio's aunt Mary Diorio said Monday in a telephone interview, recalling how the teen closely resembled her grandmother. "I would see her and I'd get to see my mom at the same time."

Diorio was one of six people slain that day in Chicago, tying Feb. 19 for the most homicides on a single day this year in the city, according to police statistics. Her slaying was among eight spanning Friday evening through early Monday. As of Monday, there have been 38 homicides recorded in August, three more than all of August 2011, the statistics show. During the first 19 days of August last year, there were 22 homicides. The rise in this month's homicides comes on the heels of a July that saw its fewest killings in years.

So far this August, most of the killings have happened in South Side and West Side neighborhoods in bouts of gun violence. The Englewood and Harrison police districts had five homicides apiece, while Grand Crossing and Austin each had four, police statistics show. Killings throughout the year in Englewood and Harrison, however, have been down sharply after Mayor Rahm Emanuel and police Superintendent Garry McCarthy announced in January the saturation of "conflict zones" in those districts, pouring extra officers into the neighborhoods.

Overall, 346 people have been slain in Chicago in 2012, compared with 265 during the same period last year, an increase of about 31 percent. Shootings are also up by about 8 percent. McCarthy has tried a slew of initiatives to combat the violence, much of which he's said is caused by street gangs that have splintered off into loosely organized factions. McCarthy has championed the use of citywide "gang audits"— specialized police units sharing gang intelligence with beat officers — to help reduce the number of homicides and shootings.

MORE

Obama: 'Chicago Is an Example of What Makes This Country Great' | The Weekly Standard

"Chicago is an example of what makes this country great," Obama said. His audience applauded.

President Obama's proof for his assertion? The donors in the room, who had given to his reelection campaign. "Witness this room,

I believe him. I absolutely believe that Chicago is an example of what obama wants for the country.

Not only because it has an outrageous crime rate but because it represents the perfection of political corruption.

It's also a great vibrant city of industry and art and commerce. Yes, we have more crime because we have more people.

Here's the point. Obama will carry Illinois. Romney won't carry Massachusetts.

I can only believe that anyone denigrating Chicago has never been there. It's one of the greatest cities on earth.

I think their Obama Derangement Syndrome has gotten so bad that they pretty much hate anything associated with him.

Argula? Hate it.
Chicago? Hate it.
Indvidual Mandates we used to support? Hate it!

He should totally screw with their minds and say, "I think Mitt is a wonderful man, and I'm glad to be running against him instead of a real conservative!"

I can only believe that anyone denigrating Chicago has never been there. It's one of the greatest cities on earth.

Chicago crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout
Safer than only 6% of the cities in the US
Annual crimes per 1,000 residents:
violent - 10.54
property - 44.75
total - 55.29
chances of becoming a victim of violent crime 1 in 94

3 times national murder rate
4.4 times national robbery rate
2 times national assault rate

chances of becoming a victim of property crime 1 in 22

1.3 times national burglary rate
1.4 times national theft rate
2.9 times national motor vehicle theft rate

crimes per square mile 666
national median 39.3

violent - 10.54
property - 44.75
total - 55.29

national median 39.3

Yes indeedy! Chicago is a large, densely populated city and there are pockets of very high crime.

it's also one of the greatest cities on earth. Some of the best and most diverse arts, culture, architecture, food, recreation and sports on the planet. And for what it's worth, probably 85% of the geography of the city is exceedingly safe.

violent - 10.54
property - 44.75
total - 55.29

national median 39.3

The "bad part" is pretty seperate from the "good part," do you know how big Chicago is?

Demeaning it in FULL because of its gang-bangers, ignoring its greatness otherwise, is illogical and likely partisan in inspiration.

national median 39.3

The "bad part" is pretty seperate from the "good part," do you know how big Chicago is?

Demeaning it in FULL because of its gang-bangers, ignoring its greatness otherwise, is illogical and likely partisan in inspiration.

Yes, I am aware of the size of the city of Chicago. Like all other cities with crime issues, those issues are spread throughout the city, not concentrated in certain areas leaving others virtually crime free.

As for partisanship, the nearest city to me is Philadelphia. It has it's problems as well.

Yes indeedy! Chicago is a large, densely populated city and there are pockets of very high crime.

it's also one of the greatest cities on earth. Some of the best and most diverse arts, culture, architecture, food, recreation and sports on the planet. And for what it's worth, probably 85% of the geography of the city is exceedingly safe.

You have anything to back up your assertion that the crime stats I posted are concentrated in only 15% of the city? A link to crime stats by zip code, perhaps? Or, is that just your uninformed and biased opinion?

You have anything to back up your assertion that the crime stats I posted are concentrated in only 15% of the city? A link to crime stats by zip code, perhaps? Or, is that just your uninformed and biased opinion?

I didn't say the stats you posted are concentrated in only 15% of the city. I said that probably 85% of the city is safe. And it's very true that highest rates of crime are concentrated in a few small areas.

chicago_violent_crime_map.png

C-547.jpg

Last edited:

I didn't say the stats you posted are concentrated in only 15% of the city. I said that probably 85% of the city is safe. And it's very true that highest rates of crime are concentrated in a few small areas.

C-547.jpg

'highest rates concentrated in small areas' doesn't make the rest of the city safe.

C-547.jpg

'highest rates concentrated in small areas' doesn't make the rest of the city safe.
Look at the maps. The crime rate for most areas of the city is lower than most US urban areas.

And by the way, what kind of moronic statistic is this:

national median 39.3

Crimes per square mile? LOL.

Last edited:
I live in Chicago. This is a wonderful city. I moved here over 30 years ago and have loved it every day.

Republicans know how to smear. They smear everything they touch. Their policies have proved that beyond any doubt.

If that doesn't tell you something about Obama, nothing will! The epitome of political corruption!!!

Forum List

Back