Chicago gun control activist/extremist...has a gun and a concealed carry permit, cause of crime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...this woman is a hard core anti gun activist, has worked to take the right to own and carry a gun from people....and now she admits that because her neighborhood is so dangerous.....she not only owns a gun, she has a concealed carry permit.....

if only she understood the issue...and how it would be nice if morons like her would stop trying to take that Right away from other law abiding people...

An Anti-Violence Activist Shares Her Reason For Buying A Gun

WILLIAMS: I did everything - legislation.

MITCHELL: Lobbying at the city and county levels for measures like tougher penalties for assault weapons, delegations to the Illinois Capitol.

WILLIAMS: And I was one of the people that helped coronate the trips 'cause I had relationships with a lot of the families who lost their loved ones to gun violence.

MITCHELL: Trips to Washington, meetings with Congress members. It was heady stuff for a former gang member. But last year, her life was upended.

-----

MITCHELL: Walk away. But she still has that gun.

What do you say to people who might see inconsistency with your advocacy and carrying a weapon?

WILLIAMS: The people that will probably say that live in safe communities, never experienced the losses that I've experienced. To me, it's like, I'm not going to die. I'm mentally messed up over this.

MITCHELL: Williams is 29 now. She's raising her son in a relatively safe suburb. She's closing in on her master's degree. She's still a trustee at that community college. If she's OK with carrying a gun, think about the people back in her old neighborhood who have to worry about violence up close every day.

IF this woman actually understood the issue, she wouldn't fight to keep other law abiding people from carrying their own guns...

Some thoughts on this woman from another writer...

Chicago Anti-Gun Advocate Talks About Why SHE Bought A Gun

First, let’s be clear here. Williams supposedly bought her first gun at 12. That means she broke the law by purchasing that gun. It also means she, better than anyone, should understand that gun laws will not stop people from getting guns. After all, if a 12-year-old can buy a gun, it shouldn’t be too hard for anyone else to pick one up on the black market.

Further, she still has a gun while acting as a crusader against gun rights. That makes her a hypocrite.

Of course, she addresses that. When asked about the inconsistency in her position, she responds, “The people that will probably say that live in safe communities, never experienced the losses that I’ve experienced.”

No, Ms. Williams, they don’t. Not necessarily. I live in one of the poorest communities in the country, and one of the more dangerous ones in the state. When I call you a hypocrite, it’s because you’re advocating for a position on guns when you refuse to live up to it. Period.

What galls me the most is that she knows guns are the best means of protecting herself and her family. She knows that the mere presence of a firearm isn’t an automatic call to murder, though her even thinking about getting a gun to deal with a neighborhood dispute is a little troubling. Still, she didn’t act on it…just like tens of millions of other gun owners.

Of course, none of us bought our first guns on the black market.

Funny how all the anti gunners on U.S.message are quiet on this topic....

New Topics

Forum List

Back