Chicago Climate Exchange

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
my brother inquired if i knew anything about this which apparently has something to do with making money from greenhouse gas emissions and involves goldman-sachs, barack obama and al gore in the same corporate structure (aka "overt conspiracy"). this is totally outside my knowledge base and i look forward to learning from y'all whatever this brew-ha-ha is about

Chicago Climate Exchange
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Chicago Climate Exchange Logo-FAIRUSE.png

Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) is North America’s only voluntary, legally binding greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction and trading system for emission sources and offset projects in North America and Brazil.

CCX employs independent verification, includes six greenhouse gases, and has been trading greenhouse gas emission allowances since 2003. The companies joining the exchange commit to reducing their aggregate emissions by 6% by 2010. To date the exchange has more than 350 members ranging from corporations like Ford, DuPont, and Motorola, to state and municipalities such as Oakland and Chicago, to educational institutions such as University of California, San Diego, Tufts University, Michigan State University and University of Minnesota, to farmers and their organizations, such as the National Farmers Union and the Iowa Farm Bureau. The government run passenger rail corporation, Amtrak, is also a member of the exchange and is trying to reduce its emissions even though the railroad plans to increase its annual ridership greatly. CCX has an aggregate baseline of 226 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent, which is equal to the United Kingdom’s annual allocation under the EU ETS. This would make the CCX market comparable to one of the larger countries in the EU CO2 market, or 4% of U.S. annual GHG emissions.

CCX is 10% owned by Goldman Sachs (GS) and 10% owned by Generation Investment Management (GIM).

Forum List

Back