Chicago Bears Offense!!!

Here is Chicago the worry with Bears is the Offense. Specifically the offensive line (and the WR core). I am actually a little optimistic. I think they might surprise. OL is a tough to predict, rookies foresure things become busts and 5th, 6th and 7th rounders become probowlers and when OL fall (like Orlando Pace and Olin Kreutz did last year and would have done this year). Former 1st round bust (like Columbo) got to other teams and become probowlers.

Here is the break-down

LT: J'Marcus Webb - he was a 7th round nobody that actually impressed. He is huge at 6'8 333. He already secured the LT position (most important on OL) and I think he will be one of those 7th round over-achievers!

LG: Chris Williams - Has been a 1st round bust mostly due to injuries. He is healthy now, so he might live up to his promise. If not another 7th rounder that looks like an over-achieve in Lance Louis looks tough.

C: Spencer - One of those first round sure thing that turned into an under-achiever. I think he will fall into that change team and live up to potential type. He is just too physically gifted to remain an under-achiever.

RG: Garza - The constant on the OL. Not great, but not horrible either.

RT: Carimi - The monster sized 6'7 316 1st rounder is going to be a stud. Mark my words!

TE: Davis - First and foremost a TE needs to be able to block. Olson could run and catch, but he was a piss poor blocker. Davis at 6'7 262 is the size of a OL. He is a great blocker and will add what we lacked with Olson! He is also not that bad of a receiving TE either!

WR: Roy Williams - Great pick up! He went from probowl talent and 1st trier WR in Detroit to under-achiever in Dallas. I think Dallas just was a bad fit. He will be the FA steal of the year. The Bears finally have a true #1 WR.

Hester - One of the fastest players in the game. He is not the best #1, but he is an ideal #2. With his speed and deep threat, he will be fun watching him.

Knox - See Hester.

RB: Forte - One of the best in the game. I wouldn't put him in the top 5, but top 10 foresure!

Marion Barber - Interesting big up. He is a #1 back. Will be interesting to say the least!

FB: ??????

QB: Culter - I am one of the few that puts him in the top 10 and calls him an elite QB, but I'm a Bears fan! With a OL that blocks, a number 1 WR and great #2 and # WR and two stud RB, he should be much improved this year!

Bottomline: Better OL, which I think will impress people. They are just so much of an unknown Bear's fans expectations are low. A true #1 WR in Williams with solid 2 and 3 in Hester and Knox creates a solid WR core. Two stud RB and a TE that can block. Not to mention an Elite QB. I like the Bears offense this season!

:rofl:

dude

I've been pre-season optimistic about da Bears offense since 1986.

me too.

Yeah, I just found out. he had more talent than Jerry Rice. but didn't have his dedication.
sad.
preeetttty much killed his career with the statement back in the 90's "I play when I want to."

Yeah, his career really nosedived after that.
teams and coaching staff couldn't trust him. Remember his successful years in Oakland? He did better only when he was playing keep away with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, and the Patriot offense revolved around that dynamic. Didn't do well in Tennessee, nor his return to MN.

preeetttty much killed his career with the statement back in the 90's "I play when I want to."

teams and coaching staff couldn't trust him. Remember his successful years in Oakland? He did better only when he was playing keep away with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, and the Patriot offense revolved around that dynamic. Didn't do well in Tennessee, nor his return to MN.

He sucked in Oakland. It doesn't erase the monster numbers he put up in Minnesota almost every year prior to going to Oakland and the record setting numbers he put up in NE after leaving there.

He career died when he shot his way out of two towns in one season last year not when he popped off as a kid more than a decade ago.

He sucked in Oakland. It doesn't erase the monster numbers he put up in Minnesota almost every year prior to going to Oakland and the record setting numbers he put up in NE after leaving there.

He career died when he shot his way out of two towns in one season last year not when he popped off as a kid more than a decade ago.
true dat.
I think Minnesota's coach should have been shitcanned last year instead of Moss.

Name a QB that didn't have good WR to toss to that was considered Elite!

Tom Brady

Some what! For most of his career he has Dean Branch (a stud, but not a HOFer) and Troy Brown (aging, but still a former probowler). His best statistical season were '07 when he had Moss, Stallworth and Welker and '09 when he had Moss, Welker and Galloway.

Name a QB that didn't have good WR to toss to that was considered Elite!

Tom Brady

Some what! For most of his career he has Dean Branch (a stud, but not a HOFer) and Troy Brown (aging, but still a former probowler). His best statistical season were '07 when he had Moss, Stallworth and Welker and '09 when he had Moss, Welker and Galloway.

Deion Branch did so well in Seattle. :lol::lol::lol:

I remember Archie Manning back in the day, didn't have squat to throw to or hand off to, piss poor line and yet he was one of the best at the time.

Still say the Lions are gonna whup up on the Bears twice this season.

I remember Archie Manning back in the day, didn't have squat to throw to or hand off to, piss poor line and yet he was one of the best at the time.

well they shoulda beat them twice last year. and I'm a bears fan.

I just hope Suh doesn't decapitate Tom Brady week three.

I just hope Suh doesn't decapitate Tom Brady week three.
he'll push him down and get a 15 yard penalty. it'll be the difference in the game.

I think Brandon Marshall had a lot to do with the limited success he did have.

Jay Cutler an elite QB

:lmao:

Name a QB that didn't have good WR to toss to that was considered Elite! There aren't many at all. Culter had Marshall in Denver. In Chicago he had Knox and Hester. Both a great #2 and good for the long ball, but they are not #1. Roy Williams was a solid #1 before he got to Dallas. I think he will resurrect his career in Chicago as the #1 WR!

I put him in the top ten, call me a homer, but I have faith in him!

Roy Williams is a classic underachiever. He reminds me of Jeff George with team after team thinking he will turn around for them

Good Luck

Williams was an over-achiever on an under-achieving team in Detriot (and considered one of the best WR in the game), he was just a bad fit in Dallas.

I wouldn't classify Williams as an overachiever, in Detroit he would make a great play and then drop an easy one. He was a good WR when he put his mind to it, but such wasn't always the case. As you will see this year.

true dat.
I think Minnesota's coach should have been shitcanned last year instead of Moss.
ummm... yeah. :lol: I seem to recall Coach Chilly getting the boot by Ziggy for that crap.

Forum List

Back