Cheyenne MTN comes back online

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Can ya say reset....... Military moving back into Cheyenne Mountain Complex after being abandoned Daily Mail Online
The Cheyenne Mountain Complex is one of the icons of the Cold War - a self-contained and sufficient town buried under the Rockies meant to be impervious to a Soviet nuclear barrage.

It was home to the North American Aerospace Command (NORAD), scanning the skies for Russian missiles and the military command and control center of the United States in the event of World War Three.
And so, there's a lot of movement to put capability into Cheyenne Mountain and to be able to communicate in there,' Gortney told reporters.

'My primary concern was... are we going to have the space inside the mountain for everybody who wants to move in there, and I'm not at liberty to discuss who's moving in there,' he said.

Read more: Military moving back into Cheyenne Mountain Complex after being abandoned Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
Can ya sat reset....... Military moving back into Cheyenne Mountain Complex after being abandoned Daily Mail Online
The Cheyenne Mountain Complex is one of the icons of the Cold War - a self-contained and sufficient town buried under the Rockies meant to be impervious to a Soviet nuclear barrage.

It was home to the North American Aerospace Command (NORAD), scanning the skies for Russian missiles and the military command and control center of the United States in the event of World War Three.
And so, there's a lot of movement to put capability into Cheyenne Mountain and to be able to communicate in there,' Gortney told reporters.

'My primary concern was... are we going to have the space inside the mountain for everybody who wants to move in there, and I'm not at liberty to discuss who's moving in there,' he said.

Read more: Military moving back into Cheyenne Mountain Complex after being abandoned Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Putin have Obama that scared?

Aweful lot of talk of EMP....... we better have alert ABM sites 24/7 if we dont

Cheyenne Mountain was never "abandoned". NORAD moved, but NORAD wasn't the only "tenant" of the complex.

Air Force Space Command has remained there this whole time.

What about mine shafts? We must not allow a mine shaft gap.

dr102.gif

Forum List

Back