Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

A more likely story is the dealers did not sell them to each other. Selling them to each other would not result in a title being issued. Also, it would be a floor plan swap, so no one "makes" money. No title, no tax credit. Dealer daily rentals might have taken place. That would allow the dealer to make a sale and gain the credit. Of course, that is the dealer making money, not GM. At least not any more than a customer buying it.

GM sold the most cars in the world last year, bravo for American ingenuity and the American worker.

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

See a piece I wrote some time ago below for labor Day weekend.

'Join me, please this labor day weekend'

I was riding home today after a middle distance bicycle ride, tired and a bit out of shape when I started counting cars, America - foreign, American - foreign. It occurred to me if only a small percentage of these people, the people who can afford more than a used clunker, bought American there would be no problems in one of our largest industries today. And lots of people would have a job and lots of businesses would be OK. May even help those incompetent bankers.

So I started giving thumbs up for American and thumbs down for foreign. Hard to distinguish which foreign car is made here, but no need I am a bit of a hard core American when it comes to cars. My '55' Chevy was my first love.

I'm sure the people thought me spastic, as my left hand thumb pointed up, then down, then up as cars drove by. Did anyone figure it out I wondered. Who is this nut! So if the whiners who lost the election can out of the blue, protest taxes, can we not protest something that has been going on for years due to cheaper prices, support structures, and no pensions, but still is having an insidious affect on our industrial base?

So if you own foreign go to you nearest mirror and give yourself a thumbs down, and if you own American and thus support all of us and America, a thumbs up is due and thank you. Take to the streets and express yourself. The bankers thank you too.

Oh, and my bicycle(s) is made in America too.

MadeInUSA - Home- Recycling American Dollars Through Patriotic Spending
How Americans Can Buy American - helping patriotic consumers buy products made in America
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
THE AMERICAN LIST | A Continuous Lean.
Shirts Made in USA : All American Clothing
American and Unionmade Clothing by All USA Clothing

Quality! our Buicks are number one.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.
Sorry, I'm not ????, I buy American.
Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.
When the ???? support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

I love Toyota. Know why? Cause you libtards tried to demonize and ruin Toyota.. but you failed. Know why? cause they build a superior product.. the Prius,, and they build it right here in America with American workers.

LOL just today those 'libtards' caused the recall of 681,000 cars. What power, what power. :lol:

Toyota recalls over 681,000 vehicles in US - Business - Autos - msnbc.com

GM sold the most cars in the world last year, bravo for American ingenuity and the American worker.

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

See a piece I wrote some time ago below for labor Day weekend.

'Join me, please this labor day weekend'

I was riding home today after a middle distance bicycle ride, tired and a bit out of shape when I started counting cars, America - foreign, American - foreign. It occurred to me if only a small percentage of these people, the people who can afford more than a used clunker, bought American there would be no problems in one of our largest industries today. And lots of people would have a job and lots of businesses would be OK. May even help those incompetent bankers.

So I started giving thumbs up for American and thumbs down for foreign. Hard to distinguish which foreign car is made here, but no need I am a bit of a hard core American when it comes to cars. My '55' Chevy was my first love.

I'm sure the people thought me spastic, as my left hand thumb pointed up, then down, then up as cars drove by. Did anyone figure it out I wondered. Who is this nut! So if the whiners who lost the election can out of the blue, protest taxes, can we not protest something that has been going on for years due to cheaper prices, support structures, and no pensions, but still is having an insidious affect on our industrial base?

So if you own foreign go to you nearest mirror and give yourself a thumbs down, and if you own American and thus support all of us and America, a thumbs up is due and thank you. Take to the streets and express yourself. The bankers thank you too.

Oh, and my bicycle(s) is made in America too.

MadeInUSA - Home- Recycling American Dollars Through Patriotic Spending
How Americans Can Buy American - helping patriotic consumers buy products made in America
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
THE AMERICAN LIST | A Continuous Lean.
Shirts Made in USA : All American Clothing
American and Unionmade Clothing by All USA Clothing

Quality! our Buicks are number one.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.
Sorry, I'm not ????, I buy American.
Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.
When the ???? support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

I love Toyota. Know why? Cause you libtards tried to demonize and ruin Toyota.. but you failed. Know why? cause they build a superior product.. the Prius,, and they build it right here in America with American workers.

I wouldn't say it was liberals who attack Toyota. More like the UAW attacked the non union American made Toyota operated plants in America.

Toyota drops plan for widespread sales of electric car.
Toyota Motor Corp has scrapped plans for widespread sales of a new all-electric minicar, saying it had misread the market and the ability of still-emerging battery technology to meet consumer demands.

Toyota, which had already taken a more conservative view of the market for battery-powered cars than rivals General Motors Co and Nissan Motor Co, said it would only sell about 100 battery-powered eQ vehicles in the United States and Japan in an extremely limited release.

Toyota drops plan for widespread sales of electric car.
Toyota Motor Corp has scrapped plans for widespread sales of a new all-electric minicar, saying it had misread the market and the ability of still-emerging battery technology to meet consumer demands.

Toyota, which had already taken a more conservative view of the market for battery-powered cars than rivals General Motors Co and Nissan Motor Co, said it would only sell about 100 battery-powered eQ vehicles in the United States and Japan in an extremely limited release.

Just for the sake of completeness and accuracy.....in the same press release, Toyota announced....
  • Plan to release 21 new or upgraded hybrid vehicles within the next 15 months (includes Lexus)
  • Plans to continue with the limited volume RAV4 Battery Electric Vehicle

Also, in the interest of accuracy, Toyota does not yet manufacture Prius in the US. They are working on adding it to a plant in either Mississippi or Alabama (can't remember which and don't feel like looking it up) but it hasn't started up yet.

Not to mention the Feds wasted a gazillion $$ buying these pieces of garbage for the federal pool.

Forum List

Back