Chevy Volt Failure: The Next Obama Solyndra Scandal?

13??? way to high. BRB.

I've noticed all the circle jerk brainwashed RW ignorami have an obsession with repping each other. Kind of like their heroes, the bought off lying RW propaganda machine, Rushbo/Fox/Savage/Moonie/Breitbart/Heritage/Kochbots. Very impressive!! Pffft! LOL

1 of 38 major alternative energy projests has gone belly up, dingbatt brainwashees....

No lie is too big for the Pubs, stupidest and greediest party in the modern world.

Gotta rep 8 more brainwashed RW ignorami before I can neg you again. Volunteers?

Like I said- you're obsessed- since you have no clue what you're talking about in politics. I don't know how reps work and don't give a damn.

Why not?

Other governments around the world invest in new technologies and actually WANT their companies to do better. The Japanese auto industry would never be where it is today without investment from their government

China is kicking our butt in solar technology as Conservatives cheer the failure of Solyndra......Ha ...Ha......we told you solar technology was a FAIL
Try and stay focused buddy. We are talking about GM- not solar.

I oppose "bail outs" because I oppose Crony Capitalism. We don't need some bureaucrat sitting in DC picking winners and losers. That is what the marketplace is for. If the product is good- people will buy it. If not, well too fucking bad. GM failed - they should have file BK and reorganized. Instead Obama turned it into a Union payback scheme at taxpayer expense. I don't know how anyone with a shred of intellect can attempt to defend this blatant Crony Capitalism.

I worked in R&D for over 30 years. Private industry does not want to risk the capital on a project that may not pay off for 10-20 years. Coporations worry about how they are doing next quarter.....20 years is a lifetime

We need BIG GOVERNMENT to step up to the plate and invest in products that will keep the US at the forefront of emerging technologies. Some of those technologies will lead to something big while others will fail. We can't kill all government R&D because we don't see immediate returns
Newsflash bub, the automobile has been around for over 100 years- it's proven technology. The electric automobile has been around for over 30 - also proven. Sell crazy somewhere else.....this was a payback to Obama's union cronies.

Why not?

Other governments around the world invest in new technologies and actually WANT their companies to do better. The Japanese auto industry would never be where it is today without investment from their government

China is kicking our butt in solar technology as Conservatives cheer the failure of Solyndra......Ha ...Ha......we told you solar technology was a FAIL

I oppose "bail outs" because I oppose Crony Capitalism. We don't need some bureaucrat sitting in DC picking winners and losers. That is what the marketplace is for. If the product is good- people will buy it. If not, well too fucking bad. GM failed - they should have file BK and reorganized. Instead Obama turned it into a Union payback scheme at taxpayer expense. I don't know how anyone with a shred of intellect can attempt to defend this blatant Crony Capitalism.

I worked in R&D for over 30 years. Private industry does not want to risk the capital on a project that may not pay off for 10-20 years. Coporations worry about how they are doing next quarter.....20 years is a lifetime

We need BIG GOVERNMENT to step up to the plate and invest in products that will keep the US at the forefront of emerging technologies. Some of those technologies will lead to something big while others will fail. We can't kill all government R&D because we don't see immediate returns

Did government R&D develop ways to drill for and refine oil? Did they develop technology to mine coal?
When the technology is mature, someone will exploit it. That's the way Capitalism works.

Newsflash bub, the automobile has been around for over 100 years- it's proven technology. The electric automobile has been around for over 30 - also proven. Sell crazy somewhere else.....this was a payback to Obama's union cronies.

Electric automobiles have been around for 100 years. The technology is just starting to catch up. Why would you care if a practical, efficient, low cost electric car were developed?
If Electric cars take off, it won't be Obamas union buddies who get rich. It will be the 1 percenters

Electric automobiles have been around for 100 years. The technology is just starting to catch up. Why would you care if a practical, efficient, low cost electric car were developed?
If Electric cars take off, it won't be Obamas union buddies who get rich. It will be the 1 percenters

I'd love to see electric cars take off. My point is GM's bailout had nothing to do with new technology or R&D.

Last edited:
I thought Solyndra was that sugar that comes in a yellow packet, or was it the name of some call girl I met in Vegas {it was only $2.49 hr, plus tax&tip}

If we could oil back to 40.00 a barrel, gas around 1.00 a gallon, then maybe consumers will pay 40,000 for an electric car.

If we could oil back to 40.00 a barrel, gas around 1.00 a gallon, then maybe consumers will pay 40,000 for an electric car.

What in the HELL are you talking about? if Oil/gas was that cheap and plentiful... why in the hell would anyone pay $40k for an electric car? You make no sense whatsoever.

Hell, you can't even talk reason to some people about their Gas Guzzlers... because they need MO PO'UR! Even though they more often than not... get stuck at the same damned redlights as I do.... and that's at $3+/gallon.

What in the HELL are you talking about? if Oil/gas was that cheap and plentiful... why in the hell would anyone pay $40k for an electric car? You make no sense whatsoever.

Hell, you can't even talk reason to some people about their Gas Guzzlers... because they need MO PO'UR! Even though they more often than not... get stuck at the same damned redlights as I do.... and that's at $3+/gallon.

I was being SARCASTIC!! and lets all hope that sometime next year we have another oil glut which forces oil back to around 50.00. Does anything think that could happen?

Forum List

Back