Chevrolet Volt

westwall said:
Damn! I have to wait to rep you again!

LOL... thank you thank you... don't applaud.. just throw money to my awesomeness. LOL

Last edited:
The people buying the Volt are buying it for reasons that are not related to economics. They "feel" good by buying it. They are using less fuel. Good for them. I like feeling good too. I feel especially good when I am flying around in my Cessna 182RG and burning 12-15 gallons of fuel per hour. Sometimes I go places and sometimes I might stay in the pattern doing takeoffs and landings. I even fly in circles sometimes! I simply love and enjoy the freedom of flying. The lower demand for fuel is good for folks like me.

So let me say to the Volt owners - Thank You for subsidizing my passion for aviation!

welllll, I get in my Shelby, and just roar around the cul de sac for hours, smoking a cigar after a huge steak, in my especially ordered calfskin leather...........sometimes I leave tr running in the driveway over night.....and thank you as well...;)

Yeah, uscitizen. It's 100% bonafide cut and paste.

There is no opinion given whatsoever.

Basically.

It's corn fed 100% USDA blogosphere conservatism.

No, it's simple economics. Poor people are taxed to give subsidies to wealthy car companies that sell electric vehicles that only the wealthy can afford. Sounds real FAIR to me. Isn't that what libs are all about, fairness? What's fair about ripping off poor people so that rich people can have expensive toys?

I thought the wingnut argument was that poor people didn't pay taxes?

Basically.

It's corn fed 100% USDA blogosphere conservatism.

No, it's simple economics. Poor people are taxed to give subsidies to wealthy car companies that sell electric vehicles that only the wealthy can afford. Sounds real FAIR to me. Isn't that what libs are all about, fairness? What's fair about ripping off poor people so that rich people can have expensive toys?

:lol:
I know! Wingnuts giving a shit about poor people!
laugh3.gif

The people buying the Volt are buying it for reasons that are not related to economics. They "feel" good by buying it. They are using less fuel. Good for them. I like feeling good too. I feel especially good when I am flying around in my Cessna 182RG and burning 12-15 gallons of fuel per hour. Sometimes I go places and sometimes I might stay in the pattern doing takeoffs and landings. I even fly in circles sometimes! I simply love and enjoy the freedom of flying. The lower demand for fuel is good for folks like me.

So let me say to the Volt owners - Thank You for subsidizing my passion for aviation!

welllll, I get in my Shelby, and just roar around the cul de sac for hours, smoking a cigar after a huge steak, in my especially ordered calfskin leather...........sometimes I leave tr running in the driveway over night.....and thank you as well...;)
I'm buying Xenatec Maybach 57 S Coupes for everyone in my family! :lol:

Yeah, sure you are....

Yeah, sure you are....
Just keeping up my end of the fantasy. ;)

Yeah, sure you are....

What don't you believe now? Do you doubt I am a pilot ? Or that I own a plane? Either way, you'd be wrong. Of course you're so small minded and pathetic that the idea of owning luxury automobiles, planes, and beautiful homes are fantasies for you. For me, they are my everyday life.

Do keep fantasizing though, dreams do come true if you know how capitalism works. :lol:

Yeah, sure you are....

What don't you believe now? Do you doubt I am a pilot ? Or that I own a plane? Either way, you'd be wrong. Of course you're so small minded and pathetic that the idea of owning luxury automobiles, planes, and beautiful homes are fantasies for you. For me, they are my everyday life.

Do keep fantasizing though, dreams do come true if you know how capitalism works. :lol:

And, more importantly, are willing to work hard for the things you want.

And, more importantly, are willing to work hard for the things you want.
Oh that's crazy talk. All rich people just got lucky on the lottery of life.

There are plenty of rich people, like Donald Trump, who were born on third base and think they hit a triple.

There are plenty of rich people, like Donald Trump, who were born on third base and think they hit a triple.
And there are many more who started with nothing to become captains of industry. As a matter of fact, MOST of the guilded Age wealthy started out poor. Rockafeller, Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Jay Gould, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Tony Robbins, Walt Disney, Collis Huntington.

Trump could just as easily have squandered his inheritance from his father, (BTW he didn't get one till 1999 when his father died of Alzheimers) and fallen into "Upper Class Twit of the Year" status. But he didn't. Looking at his bio, the man may have started with a lot of resources, but he went on to make his own fortune that dwarfed his fathers. In a lot of ways, he followed the path of J.J. Astor, the richest man of the Guilded age (before his death on the Titanic).

So you just keep on being jealous of the rich and hating them. Only proves your utter cluelessness.

We will pay more as petro based transportation costs rise.
There will be a turnover point on alternatively powered vehicles.
But since we are not quite there yet we should abandon that route?

Question, where does the electricity come from to charge that car? Oh that's right, you simply displaced that oil from the pump to somewhere else to be converted to electricity. So in reality, just going off reality this car is 0% “green.”

Man..if you guys ruled the roost back in the old days..there would be no airplanes, running water, toilets, or just about anything.

Come to think of it..the Dark ages..was the height of conservatism!

Yea, thank God the rabid liberals were in charge of everything back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

:cuckoo:

Man..if you guys ruled the roost back in the old days..there would be no airplanes, running water, toilets, or just about anything.

Come to think of it..the Dark ages..was the height of conservatism!

Yea, thank God the rabid liberals were in charge of everything back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

:cuckoo:
Riiiight. Rich industrialists would have stifled all growth and invention... Completely moronic theory.

Let's see.

John Rockefeller: Standard Oil. Took the new commodity and made it into the lifeblood of the world.

Andrew Carnegie: US Steel. Made the metal that made America into the industrial Giant it was.

Thomas Edison: Hmmmmmmm... wonder what made him famous and rich?

Elias Singer: Created the sewing machine. Revolutionized the clothing industry.

George Stephenson: Invented a moving kettle. Created the biggest industry of the 19th century... the Railroad.

George Westinghouse: Airbrakes and then partnered with Nicola Tesla to create 80% of all the types of electrical generation equipment that exists and the basis for our entire electric grid today.

Although Philo Farnsworth invented TV, it was stolen by RCA because it was a damn good idea and profited millions and now billions ever since.

Igor Sikorsky: Invented the helicopter and created Sikorsky Aviation, for many years the ONLY producer of that type of aircraft.

I could keep going but I figure these are enough examples to prove you're so fulla shit you squeak going into the turn.

Forum List

Back