Chev Volt - 10K Cars only in 2011! WTF!!!

suck on your liberal lies.

Lie #1 there's no more substantial oil in the US.
Oh wait we have a well spilling millions of barrels with reserves that may be in the billions. scratch that lie
there are thousands more potential wells as good that libtard won't allow for political football points.
NEXT

Liberal? :confused: Haven't been called that much here! :eusa_angel:

FACT 1: Yep it is a fact that we have more oil here than in Saudi Arabia, but we don't drill for it because of the EnviroNazis. With the oil spill in the gulf, don't expect that to change.

FACT 2: Oil is a non-renewable resource. Its going to go soon.

FACT 3: India and China are increasing 1000 fold their oil usage. Oil will be used up quicker.

FACT 4: We get a good chunk of our oil from Saudi Arabia (kingpin of Radical Islam), Venezuela (Led by a 3rd world communist hypocrite) and Nigeria (quickly becoming an Islamic paradise).

FACT 5: Getting the world off oil would be like an economic nuclear bomb to our enemies: Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Mother Russia, Venezueala etc.!

FACT 6: Even very conservative economist say oil will be depleted in decades not centuries. Liberals say 2020 and conservatives say max 2050. Take the median and the is 2035. Either way the build up oil depletion will be dramatic if we don't have an alternative. Look at what $4 a gallon gasoline did to America! Imagine $10, $20, $50 and even $100? Our economy would be in crisis like never before.

FACT 7: All new techologies start out with problems, but the start is the key point. They eventually perfected into much better end products. Think the cell phone. I was very little when they came out, but I remember business people like my father saying they will never catch on, their too expensive, they take long to charge and who want to carry that bag around. Flash-forward to today and people can't live without them. Think of that $5 a min phone in bag to the Iphone and Droid. There is no reason the electric car can't do that!

FACT 8: Eventually an alternative WILL have to happen. Better starting now, while their is no oil crisis.

Yo, failed jokey joke.
With Chineese and Indian auto demand increasing exponentially we are going to need balls to the wall all out effort on an all of the above approaches.
Any retardation of "don't drill in AK, deepwater or any other Hamptons sailing club waters" will ass rape any benefit you get from electric. I've made some nice gains on the hybrid battery inventor so I'm aware and am a supporter of hybrids. I think part of the slow roll is to have supply just under demand to create the impression of greater deman.

Hmmm....... I failed to see that you were engaging in sarcasm.

I am not personally interested in the benefit society as a whole will get from EVs or very efficient hybrids. I am interested in the benefit that I can get from them. The idea of producing my own power for my home and fuel for my vehicle means that I have much more of my income left for other things. Like travel.

I didn't say it was a great joke.
Lets see, I never recall 1 geologist ever making the libtard talking points about no oil. It's politicians and envromental terrorist.

Oh, and saving in your wallet is when they will sell like hotcakes. IE more than accords. We are more than a decade away from an alternative vehicle being close to that.

The big question is WHY only 10K models. The PAID to be on wait list is currently at 54K people. These are people who had to pay a few thousand dollars to wait in line. And its still 3 months away from launching. That is 5x what they are going to produce. Amazing!!! I hope after the first 10K get bought up day one, they decide to increase production rapidly!

GM starting slow with the Chevrolet Volt - Jul. 7, 2010

" betrayal " by bill gertz

" the red chinses f-10 fighter is american techonology provided by israel " p. 106

You know, not all of us live in the big city. I use a dump trailer, a Volt going to tow that? I fail to see how this saves on green house gases, as the electricity still has to be produced somehow. GM will try to lease most of the Volts, so they can destroy them in 39 months. Also, many of the first ones are sold to GE because they build and operate most of the public charging stations. You can control the negative press when they fail too.

You know, not all of us live in the big city. I use a dump trailer, a Volt going to tow that? I fail to see how this saves on green house gases, as the electricity still has to be produced somehow. GM will try to lease most of the Volts, so they can destroy them in 39 months. Also, many of the first ones are sold to GE because they build and operate most of the public charging stations. You can control the negative press when they fail too.

For sure the Volt is not for everyone. You are 100% correct--it is not designed for towing.

Also, you are correct about General Electric. Here is a quote from their press release:

"Fairfield, CT – November 11, 2010 –GE (NYSE: GE) announced today it will purchase 25,000 electric vehicles by 2015 for its own fleet and through its Capital Fleet Services business - the largest-ever single electric vehicle commitment.

GE will convert at least half of its 30,000 global fleet and will partner with fleet customers to deploy a total of 25,000 electric vehicles by 2015. GE will initially purchase 12,000 GM vehicles, beginning with the Chevrolet Volt in 2011, and will add other vehicles as manufacturers expand their electric vehicle portfolios. GE and its partners will use a mix of electric vehicle technologies to meet their respective needs. Chevrolet Volts will roll off production lines this month and other automakers are bringing electric vehicles to market. As this occurs, GE is in a strong position to help deploy the supporting infrastructure to help its 65,000 global fleet customers convert and manage their fleets."

Going by VIN# alone, General Motors built about 4,000 model-year 2011 Volts. About half went to consumers and half went to other uses, mostly dealer demos. No one at GM-Volt.com has reported Volts purchased yet by GE, but likely we just are not aware.

Regarding leasing vs. buying, one poll suggested that about 50% would be leased and 50% would be purchased. I purchased my Volt in January. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned. This month (June), GM's Hamtramck plant is shut down as it retools for model-year 2012 Volts. Annual production targets remain at 10,000 Volts for 2011 and 60,000 Volts for 2012.

In terms of greenhouse gases, there are two main benefits of an electric vehicle: drivetrain efficiency and charging flexibility. Wikipedia has details in their Chevrolet Volt article. In a nutshell, an electric motor is roughly 90% efficient. A gasoline engine is only about 30% efficient (the rest is waste heat). In a “well-to-wheels” analysis, electric cars are about 50% more fuel efficient than conventional cars. It costs about $1.50 to go 40 miles on electricity, versus about $3-4 to go the same distance on gasoline. Electricity from the power company is cheaper (and cleaner) than gasoline. Otherwise, many of us would be running diesel generators at home in order to save money and be more environmentally friendly. Obviously that is not the case!

Gasoline is pervasive, with filling stations all over the country. Yet electricity is even more abundant and even more flexible. From an environmental view, there are a few truly “clean” sources: hydro, wind, and solar. Some argue that nuclear electricity is a good option, although that comes with controversy. Natural gas is a great option in the US. Even coal-fired power plants have improved dramatically in terms of being more environmentally friendly.

An important notion regarding flexibility is that the US has ample excess electric capacity at night, when most electric cars would be charging. So, there is a lot to like about “burning” electricity instead of gasoline.

Finally, we all know that consuming petroleum at the rate we are today is not such a great idea, if we can find economic alternatives, which we are doing.

Sometimes I worry that our great-great-great grandchildren might ask, “What DID our ancestors DO with all of that oil?” (Seriously.)

Answer: They burned it.

suck on your liberal lies.

Lie #1 there's no more substantial oil in the US.
Oh wait we have a well spilling millions of barrels with reserves that may be in the billions. scratch that lie
there are thousands more potential wells as good that libtard won't allow for political football points.
NEXT

Comparison of World Oil Reserves

We have about 3% of the worlds reserves, and use about 25% of the worlds oil.

Now the chart is for presently recoverable, at a profit, reserves. As the price of oil goes up, so does the recoverable reserves. However, the accessability of the average citizen to use the oil goes down. At some point, it becomes impractical to continue using oil or fossil fuels. This is without considering the production of GHGs.

That is a lie! If you take CO Oil Shales, ANWR, off-shore, deep sea and our current sources, then we are an oil exporter with the largest oil reserves in the world!

Forum List

Back