Cherry Blossom Season In Japan

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Thanks to the deployment schedule this year becoming all jacked up, we now are in port for a bit longer than expected. So I took some free time and took some pictures last week of the cherry blossoms in Yokosuka's Freedom Park (which is up in the hills, let me tell ya it was a hike!)

I even threw in a picture of the ugliest sailor I know. If you notice lazy eye is in effect, he has a good reason.... he got knocked out in the berthing boxing lightweight championship two weeks ago and his eye still hasn't healed!

Attachments

• $chbl1.JPG
    $chbl1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 143
  • $chbl2.JPG
    $chbl2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 150
  • $chbl3.JPG
    $chbl3.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 141
NATO AIR said:
...So I took some free time and took some pictures last week of the cherry blossoms in Yokosuka's Freedom Park .....I even threw in a picture of the ugliest sailor I know......
It's quite beautiful!! Hope you don't suffer from any allergies!
BTW, you aren't the ugliest sailor, by a long shot. In fact, you look VERY familiar.

NATO AIR said:
Thanks to the deployment schedule this year becoming all jacked up, we now are in port for a bit longer than expected. So I took some free time and took some pictures last week of the cherry blossoms in Yokosuka's Freedom Park (which is up in the hills, let me tell ya it was a hike!)

I even threw in a picture of the ugliest sailor I know. If you notice lazy eye is in effect, he has a good reason.... he got knocked out in the berthing boxing lightweight championship two weeks ago and his eye still hasn't healed!

Go Bolton Air! The pics are gorgeous and the Sailor is cute. Bet you got some whistles! LOL Those laterns, are they the 'street lights' or just there for a festival?

Kathianne said:
Go Bolton Air! The pics are gorgeous and the Sailor is cute. Bet you got some whistles! LOL Those laterns, are they the 'street lights' or just there for a festival?

For the festival. It is beautiful at night apparently. There were at least 1,000 Japanese there having a big ol happy picnic when I was there. Even better, I saw more dogs than I've ever seen in my life, dogs of all sizes, shapes and styles. All mostly behaving too, along with the kids as well. Great day.

Joz said:
It's quite beautiful!! Hope you don't suffer from any allergies!
BTW, you aren't the ugliest sailor, by a long shot. In fact, you look VERY familiar.

Thank you, I'm just thankful the black eye went away quickly.... that was a heck of a knockout blow! :laugh:

They ain't got nothing on the South!
75951_ART 009.jpg

Truth is, this is taken on the property of a former Maxell plant (Japanese owned)
near me, there must be 200 trees.
I guess they wanted a taste of home.

My o' my, what gorgeous trees! Wish they lasted all summer. D.C. is beautiful this time of year also.

NATO AIR said:
Nice pics NATO. Who's the flat-chested geisha girl in that center picture?

Merlin1047 said:
Nice pics NATO. Who's the flat-chested geisha girl in that center picture?

:laugh: That would be about the nastiest looking geisha girl I've ever laid eyes on, she don't even have makeup or long hair! Not to mention the men's clothes she's wearing!

Forum List

Back