Cheney's former company makes huge mistake

While supervising frac jobs,

Industry mouthpiece.

Posts disregarded.

Really? I haven't been employed in the oil and gas industry for coming up on two decades now. How many more generations does an expert on the topic have to wait before his comments are no longer regarded as an insider perspective....mainly because they don't toe the line to some amateur's delusions on technical matters same amateur obviously doesn't understand?

Ironic it has to do w/ one of the most contentious/potentially environmentally damaging (polluting) method of extraction too.

Halliburton misplaces mystery radioactive device - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience | NBC News
Halliburton misplaces mystery radioactive device: 'Do not handle'
If you happen to spot the missing tool, stay 25 feet away and call the cops

Who?

Cheney?

Serious?

God ... you are going to be one miserable fuck (worst than you are now) on election night.

Prepare yourself

And suck on some neg rep too.

Ironic it has to do w/ one of the most contentious/potentially environmentally damaging (polluting) method of extraction too.

Halliburton misplaces mystery radioactive device - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience | NBC News

His family holds his stock, Cheney still owns a big chunk of Halliburton/HBR. That is how he left office with 3-5 MILLION more than he when he entered, on a $2 million salary. Halliburton has also cheated our troops out of FOOD, among other egregious acts. But Halliburton has a monopoly on oil fields, that is why Cheney wanted war in Iraq instead of the fight against terror.

Who?

Cheney?

Serious?

God ... you are going to be one miserable fuck (worst than you are now) on election night.

Prepare yourself

And suck on some neg rep too.

hey Warbler!!! :) see post #23 boy :fu:

Decades of experience with them.

Why do earthquakes happen? What are you, American?

I am aware of what fracking is. I am also aware of what causes earthquakes. While supervising frac jobs, I have never felt an earthquake, even though I know that everytime I break down a rock formation I am creating microseismic events by the scads. (Scads is a technical term used around Americans to convey BIG NUMBERS without confusing them unnecessarily)

Industry mouthpiece.

Posts disregarded.

Sorry Synth --- your Medieval method of disregarding information has no place in real science debate. Industry hires the MAJORITY of qualified science and engineering grads. You disregard them only if you're lazy or incapable of refuting them. Even in a court of law, their word is equal to any political hack you choose.

Personally -- I don't want an energy policy developed by political hacks that ignore the experience, knowledge and capabilities of the guys who ACTUALLY DO THE WORK of keeping the lights on and your ass warm...

Oh, NOW you trust science. :lol:

When scientists, by an overwhelming majority, say that climate change is real, you disregard.

Either you trust science or you do not.

While supervising frac jobs,

Industry mouthpiece.

Posts disregarded.

Really? I haven't been employed in the oil and gas industry for coming up on two decades now. How many more generations does an expert on the topic have to wait before his comments are no longer regarded as an insider perspective....mainly because they don't toe the line to some amateur's delusions on technical matters same amateur obviously doesn't understand?

You have? Or you haven't?

What is your view on climate change?

What is your view on evolution?

If you trust the scientific community on those issues, then fine.

But when you dismiss the huge increase in earthquakes in regions that have never had a huge number of earthquakes, like Kansas, then you come across as an industry flak.

Fracking has contaminated aquifers in some areas where it has been used. And if you inject pressurized fluids into an active fault, it will slip. The Army proved that in Denver.

Too obvious and it involves science; thus the extreme right rejects the idea. The same types INSISTED sea water would NEVER be found in groundwater near Miami. It is now in the outskirts of the Everglades however.

Industry mouthpiece.

Posts disregarded.

Sorry Synth --- your Medieval method of disregarding information has no place in real science debate. Industry hires the MAJORITY of qualified science and engineering grads. You disregard them only if you're lazy or incapable of refuting them. Even in a court of law, their word is equal to any political hack you choose.

Personally -- I don't want an energy policy developed by political hacks that ignore the experience, knowledge and capabilities of the guys who ACTUALLY DO THE WORK of keeping the lights on and your ass warm...

Oh, NOW you trust science. :lol:

When scientists, by an overwhelming majority, say that climate change is real, you disregard.

Either you trust science or you do not.

Who put you under the ridiculous assumption that science doesn't occur in INDUSTRY??

Is that what you want me to believe? Got news for ya Synth --- MOST important science happens "in Industry" by those FLAKS you so niftily block from your mind..

Dark Ages for you bud.... :tongue:

so?the government has misplaced nuclear weapon....;)

Halliburton MISPLACED records documenting billions spent; no big deal according to Cheney/Bush.

You have? Or you haven't?

Have? Or haven't? What?

Synthaholic said:
What is your view on climate change?

I am well versed in climate change. New York was once under a mile of ice. It is no longer. Obviously the climate changes, to think otherwise is ridiculous.

Synthaholic said:
What is your view on evolution?

I'm betting Darwin was right, and still is.

Synthaholic said:
If you trust the scientific community on those issues, then fine.

I understand science well enough to know that "community" has nothing to do with it.

Synthaholic said:
But when you dismiss the huge increase in earthquakes in regions that have never had a huge number of earthquakes, like Kansas, then you come across as an industry flak.

You don't read very well. Fracking creates earthquakes....I specifically called them "micro seismic" events for a reason. Can injection wells lubricate rock formations contained within the overburden and lateral stress fields, allowing movement that normally might not be there? Absolutely. As far as confusing causation and correlation, I recommend you stop immediately prior to someone knowing something about science using it against you.

Fracking Fluids May Migrate to Aquifers

Fracking Fluids May Migrate to Aquifers, Researcher Says- Bloomberg

...especially if Halliburton's shafts are not lined properly.

Regards from Rosie

You need to find better sources of information. That one stinks. Did you see any discussion of the differential pressure required to make those fluids move, and why the physics of fluid dynamics doesn't allow movement without it, anywhere in there?

Like I said before, let the amateurs in the door and the entire thing gets complicated just from the sheer ignorance involved.

Forum List

Back