Cheney "Used" Colin, Wife Says

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
And Colin obliged like a house nigga.

"Colin Powell fought the Viet Cong, but he was no match for the Bush administration hard-liners who "used" his prestige to sell the Iraq war to the American people, his wife says.

In "Soldier: The Life of Colin Powell," Powell's wife, Alma, says the former secretary of state was "callously used to promote a war she wished had never happened," author Karen DeYoung writes.

"They needed him to do it because they knew people would believe him," she told DeYoung, an editor at the Washington Post.

Colin Powell, who was interviewed by DeYoung six times at length, expressed reservations about invading Iraq but never considered quitting in protest once President Bush decided to go to war.

"I supported him," he said. "I can't go on long patrol and then say, 'Never mind.'"
Old soldiers like Powell "didn't quit when they disagreed with the decisions of their commanders," writes DeYoung."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/459063p-386181c.html

All this and much more describe fairly accurately what I have felt and known about the GWB administration even before it was appointed by the United States Supreme Court in late 2000.

Psychoblues

And Colin obliged like a house nigga.

"Colin Powell fought the Viet Cong, but he was no match for the Bush administration hard-liners who "used" his prestige to sell the Iraq war to the American people, his wife says.

In "Soldier: The Life of Colin Powell," Powell's wife, Alma, says the former secretary of state was "callously used to promote a war she wished had never happened," author Karen DeYoung writes.

"They needed him to do it because they knew people would believe him," she told DeYoung, an editor at the Washington Post.

Colin Powell, who was interviewed by DeYoung six times at length, expressed reservations about invading Iraq but never considered quitting in protest once President Bush decided to go to war.

"I supported him," he said. "I can't go on long patrol and then say, 'Never mind.'"
Old soldiers like Powell "didn't quit when they disagreed with the decisions of their commanders," writes DeYoung."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/459063p-386181c.html

All this and much more describe fairly accurately what I have felt and known about the GWB administration even before it was appointed by the United States Supreme Court in late 2000.

Psychoblues
and Colin used Alma, to head off his own scandals. Your point?

Forum List

Back