Cheney to speak at GOP convention

I think that's true. I also think it's because, ultimately, the dems gave Bush whatever he wanted, including FISA and immunity for phone companies...and not cutting off funding for bush's war til he allowed proper oversight...
and so on and so on and shoobie doobie doobie.
:eusa_whistle:

Yes!

The American people wanted to see the motus operandi of the Bushite regime ended, and they thought it would end if the R's lost their majority in Congress.

Of course, sinc ethe Dems have such a slose margin of control, they really can't drastically change much as long as there's a R in the White House with that veto power.

Now will the Ds truly start to repair the dmages that the Rs have done in the last 8 years?

Frankly I doubt it. Generally because the damages are economic, and the D elit played along with that, anyway.

But also because you can just repair damages like the huge loss of respect that America once had before Junior came along.

I expect mixed results from a Dem congress and POTUS.

They'll be hampered by economics that they can't fix, a foreign climate that they can't fix immediately, and their own natural tendency to wimp out whenver anything radical comes along, too.

They're clearly not my father's democratic party, that's damned sure.

Yes!

The American people wanted to see the motus operandi of the Bushite regime ended, and they thought it would end if the R's lost their majority in Congress.

Of course, sinc ethe Dems have such a slose margin of control, they really can't drastically change much as long as there's a R in the White House with that veto power.

Now will the Ds truly start to repair the dmages that the Rs have done in the last 8 years?

Frankly I doubt it. Generally because the damages are economic, and the D elit played along with that, anyway.

But also because you can just repair damages like the huge loss of respect that America once had before Junior came along.

I expect mixed results from a Dem congress and POTUS.

They'll be hampered by economics that they can't fix, a foreign climate that they can't fix immediately, and their own natural tendency to wimp out whenver anything radical comes along, too.

They're clearly not my father's democratic party, that's damned sure.

I think it will take a long time to heal what ails us now. But I think when Bush is out of office, at least whomever is sitting in his seat won't embarrass us. I watched Bush last night at the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Every time they photographed him, he was looking at his watch and moving around in his seat. He looked like a high school kid waiting for the end of class...

The economy? Well, I agre... but I think the sense that a better steward is in control will help some initially until some improvements can be made. Intelligent decisions about our military and economy won't hurt.

But no... not my mom's democratic party (dad's a repub. lol...).

I think it will take a long time to heal what ails us now. But I think when Bush is out of office, at least whomever is sitting in his seat won't embarrass us. I watched Bush last night at the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Every time they photographed him, he was looking at his watch and moving around in his seat. He looked like a high school kid waiting for the end of class...

The economy? Well, I agre... but I think the sense that a better steward is in control will help some initially until some improvements can be made. Intelligent decisions about our military and economy won't hurt.

But no... not my mom's democratic party (dad's a repub. lol...).

What a snob---what was he supposed to do. Sit there like a stiff king worried about his crown falling off? Try Texas casual for awhile instead of writing us off as Rednecks.

Is that "Texas casual"? The Texans I've known in my life don't look like undisciplined, immature jerks. Texas causal is not being unable to sit still in one's seat and constantly looking at one's watch. That's what high school kids do when they're bored.

He looked like an ass.... my 10 year old found it embarrassing and was laughing at him...

He represents the very heart and soul of the Republican party.

Who cares?

John McCain had an affair with Cindy after his wife was injured in an accident.

You are S-O-O-O backpeddaling all over the place. Feel free to run and hide in another thread.

Fact is, I don't know a whole lot of conservatives that like Cheney at all, and only the Republican equivalents of you to the Democratic party like him at all. Mindless sheep are mindless sheep, regardless their affiliation.

Of which you are one without a doubt.

Why McCain didn't reup with first wife
Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:00 AM

John McCain was largely successful in swatting away suggestions that he cheated on his second wife, Cindy, with a lobbyist. But the White House hopeful may have a harder time explaining his caddish behavior during his first marriage.

With McCain the presumptive GOP nominee, people are again looking at his relationship with Carol McCain, the woman who waited for him while he was a prisoner in Vietnam.

McCain met Carol in the 1950s when he was attending the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. At the time, Carol was a former swimsuit model who had married another Annapolis cadet, Alasdair Swanson, with whom she had two children.

Having been part of a crew of Navy lads who called themselves the "Bad Bunch," McCain recognized Carol as the perfect officer's wife.

Asked Monday about the circumstances of his divorce from Carol, Swanson would not confirm or deny speculation that McCain played a role in their breakup. "I have no comment," Swanson told us.

Carol, 70, also declined comment. But last week she acknowledged that McCain's post-Vietnam randiness ruptured their own union.

"My marriage ended because John McCain didn't want to be 40 - he wanted to be 25," she told Britain's Mail on Sunday.

McCain himself admitted he was unfaithful to her in his memoir, "Faith of My Fathers," blaming the marriage's collapse on "my own selfishness and immaturity. … I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the [stress of] war. The blame was entirely mine."

Some of McCain's critics point out McCain returned home to find that Carol had been disfigured in a near-fatal car accident on Christmas Eve, 1969.

Considering his dalliances, they find it ungracious that he sued her for divorce, making himself the complainant. And, they note, a month after the divorce became final, he married Cindy, heiress to a brewery fortune.

Ted Sampley, who fought with the Army's Special Forces in Vietnam and knows McCain, said: "When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her. ... Eventually, he met Cindy, and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy."

Why McCain didn't reup with first wife

This thread is about Darth Cheney speaking, not McCain's private life.

Fact is, for the GOP to have any chance at all it needs to divorce its future from Cheney and Bush, but ESPECIALLY Cheney. Then they ought to start trying to re-find their fan-base since they've done such an exemplary job of alienating conservatives as of late.

The GOP seems to be the official divorcee party. First Reagon, the immortal, occupied the WH as a DIVORCEE PRESIDENT. Now the GOP wishes McCain THE DIVORCEE will occupy the WH.

And then Rush, the drugee, preaches morality. It seems the Dems and Repubs are both morality challenged but the repubs keep it quieter. Oh, and it just doesn't mean the same when they screw around, not does it?

Unless you are a die hard republican, you do not want to see Dick Cheney speaking at the GOP convention. BAD CHOICE!

Fact is, for the GOP to have any chance at all it needs to divorce its future from Cheney and Bush, but ESPECIALLY Cheney.

you're right.

i just think the party has to let the man behind the curtain for the past eight years speak at their convention. party politics is what it is and it works both ways...i just can't stand the reactionary bull.

at least people will have an opportunity to react...they'll get his speech over with early and then hopefully mccain can say something comforting...

oh look, he shook cheney's hand, he must be eeevil too!

as if the character and leadership of john mccain is anything near "mcsame" as george bush or dick cheney............? i think they actually can't stand each other privately.

The GOP seems to be the official divorcee party. First Reagon, the immortal, occupied the WH as a DIVORCEE PRESIDENT. Now the GOP wishes McCain THE DIVORCEE will occupy the WH.

And then Rush, the drugee, preaches morality. It seems the Dems and Repubs are both morality challenged but the repubs keep it quieter. Oh, and it just doesn't mean the same when they screw around, not does it?

Who cares?

you're right.

i just think the party has to let the man behind the curtain for the past eight years speak at their convention. party politics is what it is and it works both ways...i just can't stand the reactionary bull.

at least people will have an opportunity to react...they'll get his speech over with early and then hopefully mccain can say something comforting...

oh look, he shook cheney's hand, he must be eeevil too!

as if the character and leadership of john mccain is anything near "mcsame" as george bush or dick cheney............? i think they actually can't stand each other privately.

If I was McGrampa, I'd be pitching a fit. No way would I allow Bush or Cheney to represent me in any way, shape nor form. As the current GOP Presidential candidate, he should have some say, and mine would be as much distance as I could possibly get from the Bush Administration. While nowhere near as bad as presented, they ARE tainted goods because of the neverending onslaught of accusations and negative reporting by the MSM and the left.

If I was McGrampa, I'd be pitching a fit. No way would I allow Bush or Cheney to represent me in any way, shape nor form. As the current GOP Presidential candidate, he should have some say...

... they ARE tainted goods because of the neverending onslaught of accusations and negative reporting by the MSM and the left.

i bet mccain did have some say, but so did the RNC...and at this point, it's not like he can afford to alienate them! :redface:

cheney speaking at the convention is not so much a representation of mccain, but a representaion of the party delegation. i see it as mccain acknowledging that fact and respecting the party base, as well as having the confidence in the american people to be able to sift through the political bull and take it for what it is worth.

Cheney's very clever and can give a good speech.

Unlike the candidate the cum stain right above me supports, Cheney can actually complete a sentence without the aid of a teleprompter... And not sound like a total dipshit.

Anyone who disagrees should watch a video of him verbally sodomizing John Edwards at the veep debate in 2004.

Bush on the other hand shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Minneapolis.

Cheney's very clever and can give a good speech.

Unlike the candidate the cum stain right above me supports, Cheney can actually complete a sentence without the aid of a teleprompter... And not sound like a total dipshit.

Anyone who disagrees should watch a video of him verbally sodomizing John Edwards at the veep debate in 2004.

Bush on the other hand shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Minneapolis.

Why do you include a reference to gay sex or semen in most of your posts. Does my gay republican sig hit a little too close to home?

Forum List

Back