Cheney to speak at GOP convention

Just as Edwards, the philandering, family values Democrat is for the Democrats.

I also think Dodd speaks to the heart and soul of the Democratic Party.
Christopher Dodd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As Dodd in his role as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee proposed a housing bailout to the Senate floor in June 2008 that would assist troubled subprime mortgage lenders such as Countrywide Bank in the wake of the United States housing bubble's collapse,[22] Conde Nast Portfolio reported that in 2003 Dodd had refinanced the mortgages on his homes in Washington D.C. and Connecticut through Countrywide Financial and had received favorable terms due to being a "Friend of Angelo" — a friend of Countrywide CEO Angelo R. Mozilo.[23] Dodd received a $75,000 reduction in mortgage payments from Countrywide at allegedly below-market rates on his Washington, D.C. and Connecticut homes.[22][23] Dodd has not disclosed the mortgages in any of six financial disclosure statements he filed with the Senate or Office of Government Ethics since obtaining the mortgages in 2003. [24]

Why McCain didn't reup with first wife
Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:00 AM

John McCain was largely successful in swatting away suggestions that he cheated on his second wife, Cindy, with a lobbyist. But the White House hopeful may have a harder time explaining his caddish behavior during his first marriage.

With McCain the presumptive GOP nominee, people are again looking at his relationship with Carol McCain, the woman who waited for him while he was a prisoner in Vietnam.

McCain met Carol in the 1950s when he was attending the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. At the time, Carol was a former swimsuit model who had married another Annapolis cadet, Alasdair Swanson, with whom she had two children.

Having been part of a crew of Navy lads who called themselves the "Bad Bunch," McCain recognized Carol as the perfect officer's wife.

Asked Monday about the circumstances of his divorce from Carol, Swanson would not confirm or deny speculation that McCain played a role in their breakup. "I have no comment," Swanson told us.

Carol, 70, also declined comment. But last week she acknowledged that McCain's post-Vietnam randiness ruptured their own union.

"My marriage ended because John McCain didn't want to be 40 - he wanted to be 25," she told Britain's Mail on Sunday.

McCain himself admitted he was unfaithful to her in his memoir, "Faith of My Fathers," blaming the marriage's collapse on "my own selfishness and immaturity. … I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the [stress of] war. The blame was entirely mine."

Some of McCain's critics point out McCain returned home to find that Carol had been disfigured in a near-fatal car accident on Christmas Eve, 1969.

Considering his dalliances, they find it ungracious that he sued her for divorce, making himself the complainant. And, they note, a month after the divorce became final, he married Cindy, heiress to a brewery fortune.

Ted Sampley, who fought with the Army's Special Forces in Vietnam and knows McCain, said: "When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her. ... Eventually, he met Cindy, and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy."

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 4:00 AM

John McCain was largely successful in swatting away suggestions that he cheated on his second wife, Cindy, with a lobbyist. But the White House hopeful may have a harder time explaining his caddish behavior during his first marriage.

With McCain the presumptive GOP nominee, people are again looking at his relationship with Carol McCain, the woman who waited for him while he was a prisoner in Vietnam.

McCain met Carol in the 1950s when he was attending the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. At the time, Carol was a former swimsuit model who had married another Annapolis cadet, Alasdair Swanson, with whom she had two children.

Having been part of a crew of Navy lads who called themselves the "Bad Bunch," McCain recognized Carol as the perfect officer's wife.

Asked Monday about the circumstances of his divorce from Carol, Swanson would not confirm or deny speculation that McCain played a role in their breakup. "I have no comment," Swanson told us.

Carol, 70, also declined comment. But last week she acknowledged that McCain's post-Vietnam randiness ruptured their own union.

"My marriage ended because John McCain didn't want to be 40 - he wanted to be 25," she told Britain's Mail on Sunday.

McCain himself admitted he was unfaithful to her in his memoir, "Faith of My Fathers," blaming the marriage's collapse on "my own selfishness and immaturity. … I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the [stress of] war. The blame was entirely mine."

Some of McCain's critics point out McCain returned home to find that Carol had been disfigured in a near-fatal car accident on Christmas Eve, 1969.

Considering his dalliances, they find it ungracious that he sued her for divorce, making himself the complainant. And, they note, a month after the divorce became final, he married Cindy, heiress to a brewery fortune.

Ted Sampley, who fought with the Army's Special Forces in Vietnam and knows McCain, said: "When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her. ... Eventually, he met Cindy, and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy."

Hmmm....but he was seperated from his wife.

Hmmm....but he was seperated from his wife.

:clap2:Good for Mccain....I'm sure Carol would be pissed off and speaking out against John Mccain right? Oh no, they actually have a good relationship....:eusa_whistle:

Wait, I was watching the other day that he WASN'T gonna speak at the convention. He had a "change of heart"?

AOISHDPOASIDHSPODISHPSDOIHASDPOIDSA.

I remember the same story said he had an approval rating of 23%...

The disapproval rating for today's congress has a lot more to do with D's upset that we're not impeaching the current POTUS than I think most of you Bushanistas want to imagine.

The disapproval rating for today's congress has a lot more to do with D's upset that we're not impeaching the current POTUS than I think most of you Bushanistas want to imagine.

I think that's true. I also think it's because, ultimately, the dems gave Bush whatever he wanted, including FISA and immunity for phone companies...and not cutting off funding for bush's war til he allowed proper oversight...
and so on and so on and shoobie doobie doobie.
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back