Cheney May Still Get His

Do you have some information that suggests a conspiracy on it?

I do. Why didn't we drop the bomb on the Germans? Was it because they were white and the Japanese are not?

Racism???

PS. We also executed Japanese Generals for waterboarding in WW2. Did you know?

Oh boy. Sometimes I have to wonder why I even bother. The reason we didn't drop the bomb on Germany is that they had already surrendered a few months prior. Why would we bomb an enemy that had already surrendered?

I heard that so did Japan, but we were going to test that bomb on them regardless and it was a lot easier to drop a bomb like that on "gooks".

McCain refers to all asians as gooks. He doesn't care if they are japanese, chinese, korea, vietnamese. He feels that being tortured by asians gives him the right to call all of them gooks. He's still very very angry about it to this day. So imagine how many Quantanimo detainees who are innocent are going to feel when they are set free? Republicans did not make us safer.

So don't demonize amadenijad & chavez when you have Bush/McCain on your team. Funny, you guys always want to suggest all politicians are evil unti we start talking about the most evil leaders in your party. Angry elitists. McCain doesn't even know how many homes he has. Bush became President without doing anything prior. Less experience than Palin.

The REAL John McCain

And you guys want to suggest liberals are ruining this country? OMG!

Republicans and Corporations and Right Wing Judges are ruining America!

Not trial lawyers. Supreme Court Cuts $2.5 Billion Exxon Valdez Settlement to $500 Million

Supreme Court Cuts $2.5 Billion Exxon Valdez Settlement to $500 Million | TakePart Social Action Network™

:eusa_whistle:

so you're saying japan surrendered but we bombed them anyway?

dayum.

Don't worry about it. It's only torture.

We're not talking sex with interns here. Now that is worth a 75 million dollar investigation.

ah....adultery, sodomy, sexual harassement and lying to a grand jury.....just the qualifications we want in the leader of the free world......

as for torturing terrorists ..... i could care less ..... have scores girls rub their bodies with bacon fat.....

The world may finally get to read the Bush administration’s infamous “torture memo,” the Aug. 1, 2002, document that provided legal cover for the brutal and humiliating treatment of detainees in George W. Bush’s “war on terror.”

Though the general contents of that memo have been described in books, congressional reports and news articles, the document itself was kept as a highly classified secret by the Bush administration.

In its first two months in office, the Obama administration has released several other legal memos relating to Bush’s expansive views of his powers, but has withheld key memos on the “enhanced interrogation techniques.”

On Thursday, the Justice Department said it had negotiated an extension to a court deadline in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by the ACLU seeking interrogation-related documents, in part, by agreeing to add the “torture memo” to other documents that might be released within two weeks.

The Justice Department had been deliberating whether to release three legal memos from May 2005 that, in effect, reaffirmed Bush’s right to authorize the harsh interrogations, after the earlier memos had been withdrawn in 2003 and 2004 by Deputy Attorney General Jack Goldsmith.

But Goldsmith resigned in 2004 under White House pressure and his replacement as head of the powerful Office of Legal Counsel, Steven Bradbury, reasserted Bush’s sweeping powers in May 2005. Bradbury reissued some of the OLC’s opinions from 2002 and 2003 that argued that Bush’s Commander-in-Chief authority permitted him to override laws in the name of national security.

I guess the question is, are we going to buy Bush/Cheney's spin on this, or are they going to be held accountable for breaking the law(s)?

I say we go after them. Even if they do have friends in high places and they will never be found guilty, it is important to know the truth. Just think of how different our arguments will be if the actual truth comes out?

And they say the reason Rumsfeld and Cheney were allowed back into politics is because Nixon was pardoned. So we shouldn't forgive and forget. Otherwise Dana Perino will be running for office in 8 years on her credentials from the Bush regime.

So it is important to know the facts.

Bottom line. Bush & Cheney made themselves above the law. Is that cool with you people or not?

Justice Department May Finally Release Infamous 'Torture Memo'

I could care less what the memo says. The objective is to leave the Islamo radicals in the dirt. with bullets in 'em.....did you read that memo??

Should we investigate Harry Truman for dropping the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagisaki? He too must have thought himself above the law.

I do. Why didn't we drop the bomb on the Germans? Was it because they were white and the Japanese are not?

Racism???

We did not have a bomb ready for Germany,and they were already collapsing as 1945 dawned.

Japan was preparing for a last stand, and it would have been bloody for us, and bloodier for them.

There is another factor here, also. The amount of destruction of the bombs stunned even those that had created them. Had we, and the rest of the world, not seen the amount of destruction, we and the Soviet Union might not have pulled back in our many confrontations.

Should we investigate Harry Truman for dropping the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagisaki? He too must have thought himself above the law.

Racism???

We did not have a bomb ready for Germany,and they were already collapsing as 1945 dawned.

Japan was preparing for a last stand, and it would have been bloody for us, and bloodier for them.

There is another factor here, also. The amount of destruction of the bombs stunned even those that had created them. Had we, and the rest of the world, not seen the amount of destruction, we and the Soviet Union might not have pulled back in our many confrontations.

Off the top of my head, the US put Japanese in internment camps, not so Germans. Japanese were nuked, not so Germans. Conspiracy? Hmmm????

With all due respect and damn little is due given your moronic idiocy on this topic. The Japnese did a hell of a lot more than waterboarding including beheading sick people, Shooting starving men that they were starving in the first place, and a whole host of other things. Saying those gentlemen were hanged for water boarding is like saying Ted bundy was executed for hitting some one with a club. To be sure he did it but he did a hell of a lot of other things as well like continuing to hit them til they were dead.

Lawyers will be arguing for the next forty years even after this memo is publish wheteher or not what was actually done rises to the level of torture.

Last edited:

Racism???

DUMB ASS. Germany surrendered in April 1945, we did not have a functioning A bomb at that time. And when we dropped them on Japan we used the ONLY 2 we had.

And we did not execute them JUST for waterboarding, a straight up lie as usual.

Further the dropping of the Atomic Bombs SAVED Japanese lives. Before the bombs were dropped there was no intent on the part of the ruling portion of the Japanese Government to surrender. Even after two A bombs the Army, which ruled the Council and the Government refused to surrender. The only reason Japan did surrender is because the Emperor forced the issue and did it on his own. Even at that the Army attempted a Coup to prevent the Emperor's tape from being played announcing he intended to surrender.

Now be a good retard and ignorantly demand proof. I have the SOURCE documents bookmarked for JUST this case.

With out the forced surrender of Japan the plan was for MILLIONS of civilians to arm themselves with bamboo spears and mass human wave any invasion force. And if that failed they were to commit suicide rather then surrender. Saipan and Okinawa proved the Japanese would do EXACTLY that. An invasion might have caused MILLIONS of dead Japanese and if forced to invade every island could have seen the end of the Japanese race. The initial invasion predicted over 1 million allied casualties ( mostly American, with several hundred thousand dead amongst them.

Racism???

Off the top of my head, the US put Japanese in internment camps, not so Germans. Japanese were nuked, not so Germans. Conspiracy? Hmmm????

You would be wrong, thousands of Germans were imprisoned also with almost 3 thousand held for up to a YEAR or more AFTER Germany surrendered.

You would be wrong, thousands of Germans were imprisoned also with almost 3 thousand held for up to a YEAR or more AFTER Germany surrendered.

Not in camps and not with a 'semblance' of due process. The US has always been racist, not less so to Asians, than blacks.

Not in camps and not with a 'semblance' of due process. The US has always been racist, not less so to Asians, than blacks.

The Germans got no trials, saw no judges or court rooms. And again they were held for over a year after Germany surrendered. Meanwhile the Supreme Court ordered the release of all Japanese interned, never happened for the Germans. Last I checked Germans are white.

Did he lie us into WW2?

Did he let Pearl Harbor happen (by the japs) so he could use it as an excuse to invade Germany?

Did you know that Hitler may have pulled his own 9-11?

Reichstag fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just like the Burning of the Reichstag, I think this whole 9-11/Iraq/economic meltdown was done on purpose, by design of the GOP, but I'm sure that will never be proven, just like the burning of the Reichstag is still an ongoing topic of debate and research.

Racism???

Wow. Pretty sure Truman didn't have a confirmed test until right before potsdam, when the war in Europe had been won. And last time I checked, Truman wasn't the President when Pearl Harbor was hit.

Pretty sure you are trying to lock up that Douchebag of the decade award now.

Wikipedia said:
Under the authority of the Alien Enemies Act of 1798, over 11,000 Germans and German Americans were selectively detained and interned at the start of World War II. In addition, over 4,500 ethnic Germans were brought to the U.S. from Latin America and detained. In many cases, the families of the internees were allowed to remain together at internment camps throughout the U.S. In others, families and even children were forced to fend for themselves. Limited due process was allowed for those arrested and detained.

German American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You would be wrong.

Sealy,
Not sure what exactly your political philosophy is, but you appear to identify or even endorse the messages in Chavez' propaganda.

If you do agree with Chavez, what in your eyes would America have to do/be so that you would not express such anti-Americanism?

++
To Republicans, Bush/Cheney are Demagods. They could do no wrong.

To liberals, they were leaders who should have been tried and imprisoned for at least a half dozen things, like election fraud, torture and lying us into a war for $.

What do you think the rest of the world thinks?

The Arab countries?

Europe/Canada/Australia?

South America?

“The devil came here yesterday,” Chavez said, referring to Bush’s address on Tuesday and making the sign of the cross. “He came here talking as if he were the owner of the world.”

Standing at the podium, Chavez quipped that a day after Bush’s appearance: “In this very spot it smells like sulfur still.”

Chavez held up a book by American leftist writer Noam Chomsky “Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance” and recommended it to everyone in the General Assembly.

The leftist leader, who has joined Iran and Cuba in opposing U.S. influence, accused Washington of “domination, exploitation and pillage of peoples of the world.”

“We appeal to the people of the United States and the world to halt this threat, which is like a sword hanging over our head,” he said.

Chavez drew tentative giggles at times from the audience, but also some applause when he called Bush the devil.

Tough to prove but: CNN.com - U.S.*dismisses call for Chavez's killing - Aug 23, 2005

Sealy,
Not sure what exactly your political philosophy is, but you appear to identify or even endorse the messages in Chavez' propaganda.

If you do agree with Chavez, what in your eyes would America have to do/be so that you would not express such anti-Americanism?

++
To Republicans, Bush/Cheney are Demagods. They could do no wrong.

To liberals, they were leaders who should have been tried and imprisoned for at least a half dozen things, like election fraud, torture and lying us into a war for $.

What do you think the rest of the world thinks?

The Arab countries?

Europe/Canada/Australia?

South America?

“The devil came here yesterday,” Chavez said, referring to Bush’s address on Tuesday and making the sign of the cross. “He came here talking as if he were the owner of the world.”

Standing at the podium, Chavez quipped that a day after Bush’s appearance: “In this very spot it smells like sulfur still.”

Chavez held up a book by American leftist writer Noam Chomsky “Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance” and recommended it to everyone in the General Assembly.

The leftist leader, who has joined Iran and Cuba in opposing U.S. influence, accused Washington of “domination, exploitation and pillage of peoples of the world.”

“We appeal to the people of the United States and the world to halt this threat, which is like a sword hanging over our head,” he said.

Chavez drew tentative giggles at times from the audience, but also some applause when he called Bush the devil.

Tough to prove but: CNN.com - U.S.*dismisses call for Chavez's killing - Aug 23, 2005

The people who own/run the United States foreign policy need to stop taking advantage of smaller countries like Venesuela & Iraq.

Stop trying to take over their oil. They don't want or need the oil companies help. Not when they want 70 cents of every dollar.

Let the man nationalize his countries oil, if thats what he wants to do. It isn't our oil.

Start working on alternative energy so that takes Chavez' power away. What will he have if oil is worthless?

Right now we are taking over the middle east. If we thought we could get away with it, we would "liberate" Venesuela the exact same way. Then the next 6 years that country would get torn apart and the neo cons here in the US would suggest that Venesuelan people are better off now than they were under Chavez, even if they are living in squaller.

Which is why Chavez kicked the oil companies out of his country. Smart move. Now Venesuela gets the revenue from their oil, not oil companies.

German's begged to be imprisoned by the USA. They were treated great. Ate better in our prisons than they did free in germany. Remember all the food drops?

Lot better than how the Russians treated them.

And living in Germany a year after ww2 was no cake walk either.

Racism???

DUMB ASS. Germany surrendered in April 1945, we did not have a functioning A bomb at that time. And when we dropped them on Japan we used the ONLY 2 we had.

And we did not execute them JUST for waterboarding, a straight up lie as usual.

Further the dropping of the Atomic Bombs SAVED Japanese lives. Before the bombs were dropped there was no intent on the part of the ruling portion of the Japanese Government to surrender. Even after two A bombs the Army, which ruled the Council and the Government refused to surrender. The only reason Japan did surrender is because the Emperor forced the issue and did it on his own. Even at that the Army attempted a Coup to prevent the Emperor's tape from being played announcing he intended to surrender.

Now be a good retard and ignorantly demand proof. I have the SOURCE documents bookmarked for JUST this case.

With out the forced surrender of Japan the plan was for MILLIONS of civilians to arm themselves with bamboo spears and mass human wave any invasion force. And if that failed they were to commit suicide rather then surrender. Saipan and Okinawa proved the Japanese would do EXACTLY that. An invasion might have caused MILLIONS of dead Japanese and if forced to invade every island could have seen the end of the Japanese race. The initial invasion predicted over 1 million allied casualties ( mostly American, with several hundred thousand dead amongst them.

Proof we didn't execute Japanese for waterboarding.

2ndly, you have given me the official US version of the facts. Doesn't make it so.

3rd, you think we needed to drop the 2nd bomb or was it really an experiment and we were going to drop it no matter what the Japanese did after we dropped the first one?

Because I doubt any country would want to continue fighting after seeing such devistation. My hunch is they gave up and we said, "TOO LATE".

Same way we invaded Iraq & Afganistan. I've heard many stories about how Saddam tried to cut a deal and Cheney said, TOO LATE.

Or the Taliban were going to turn in Osama and the Bush team said TOO LATE.

Why? Because Haloburton was set to make a fortune invading these two countries.

If you don't see that, then you are just stupid.

Saddam Tried to Cut Deals With U.S.

Saddam tried to cut deals with the US? Old old articlae and the US wa n't having any of it either under Clinton or Bush. Wonder why?

Forum List

Back