Cheney Lied About Issuing 9-11 Command

Wow, quite interesting. Pretty much kills the conspiracy theories.

People just don't understand what little we have to protect our own homeland:
Incredibly, Marr has only four armed fighters at his disposal to defend about a quarter of the continental United States. Massive cutbacks at the close of the Cold War reduced NORAD's arsenal of fighters from some 60 battle-ready jets to just 14 across the entire country. (Under different commands, the military generally maintains several hundred unarmed fighter jets for training in the continental U.S.) Only four of NORAD's planes belong to NEADS and are thus anywhere close to Manhattan—the two from Otis, now circling above the ocean off Long Island, and the two in Virginia at Langley.

theHawk said:
Wow, quite interesting. Pretty much kills the conspiracy theories.

People just don't understand what little we have to protect our own homeland:
Remember that was pre 9/11 after the soviet threat was over. I wouldn't be surprised if things are different now.

As far as the
four armed fighters at his disposal to defend about a quarter of the continental United States.
statement. It’s a bit misleading, the primary job of the NORAD fighters, defense wise, is to intercept unidentified aircraft before they breach the US continent. They protect what is called the “ADIZ” (Air Defense Identification Zone). It’s simply a buffer of airspace around the continent.

Yep, particularly since the Hart-Rudman act was renamed Homeland Security and finally passed.

Psychoblues

Mr. P said:
Remember that was pre 9/11 after the soviet threat was over. I wouldn't be surprised if things are different now.

As far as the statement. It’s a bit misleading, the primary job of the NORAD fighters, defense wise, is to intercept unidentified aircraft before they breach the US continent. They protect what is called the “ADIZ” (Air Defense Identification Zone). It’s simply a buffer of airspace around the continent.

Oh golly....

We now have daily Kos..
And truthout.
I'm impressed.....:sleepy1:
:)

Interesting... but I think I have to ask the obvious question...

So what?

The Hart-Rudman proposal was correct. The Republicans screamed and yelled bloody murder when it was proposed and discounted it outright. They finally passed it post 9-11 as the Homeland Security Act. Hart-Rudman would have prevented the attacks on 9-11. But, that's hindsight.

Psychoblues

Interesting... but I think I have to ask the obvious question...

So what?

End of conversation due to nothing to refute? I thought so.

The Hart-Rudman proposal was correct. The Republicans screamed and yelled bloody murder when it was proposed and discounted it outright. They finally passed it post 9-11 as the Homeland Security Act. Hart-Rudman would have prevented the attacks on 9-11. But, that's hindsight.

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back