Cheney had major heart surgery

Cheney underwent heart surgery last week - Politics - msnbc.com

Cheney underwent heart surgery last week
Former Vice President had pump implanted to assist heart function

Cheney has heart surgery for pump implant

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has suffered five heart attacks.
by NBC's Pete Williams
NBC News
updated 12 minutes ago

breaking

Former Vice President Dick Cheney underwent surgery last week to have a tiny pump implanted to assist in the functioning of his heart, a family spokesman says.

The surgery, to insert a left ventricular assist device, was performed at Fairfax Hospital in Virginia.

Cheney, 69, has suffered five heart attacks, the first when he was 37. His most recent heart attack, described as "mild," was in February.

"A few weeks ago, it became clear that I was entering a new phase of the disease when I began to experience increasing congestive heart failure," Cheney said in a statement. After a series of recent tests and discussions with my doctors, I decided to take advantage of one of the new technologies available and have a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted."

A doctor, who is part of his medical team, told NBC News that Cheney is "doing well now," but that the former vice president was short of breath and was experiencing "heart failure" before the device was implanted. He was "running on 3 cylinders. Now he's on 8," the doctor said.

The American Heart Association website defines the LVAD device as "a battery-operated, mechanical pump-type device that's surgically implanted. It helps maintain the pumping ability of a heart that can't effectively work on its own."

NBC's Steve Handelsman contributed reporting.

Last edited:
I hope Cheney does well. I hope ABS has hell to pay. Karma.. Great Karma.

You know.......considering some of the hateful trash that you've spewed over the years, you should be the LAST person to invoke Karma.

Good luck with that.......really.......

Besides.....I've already done my time in hell. Did it from 5 until I was 16, and then again from 18 to 30. Even got places where they know and like me.

Last edited:

You know.......considering some of the hateful trash that you've spewed over the years, you should be the LAST person to invoke Karma.

Good luck with that.......really.......

Besides.....I've already done my time in hell. Did it from 5 until I was 16, and then again from 18 to 30. Even got places where they know and like me.

:lol:

Cheney is going to be OK. They checked his heart and couldn't find anything.

Cheney underwent heart surgery last week - Politics - msnbc.com

Cheney underwent heart surgery last week
Former Vice President had pump implanted to assist heart function

Cheney has heart surgery for pump implant

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has suffered five heart attacks.
by NBC's Pete Williams
NBC News
updated 12 minutes ago

breaking

Former Vice President Dick Cheney underwent surgery last week to have a tiny pump implanted to assist in the functioning of his heart, a family spokesman says.

The surgery, to insert a left ventricular assist device, was performed at Fairfax Hospital in Virginia.

Cheney, 69, has suffered five heart attacks, the first when he was 37. His most recent heart attack, described as "mild," was in February.

"A few weeks ago, it became clear that I was entering a new phase of the disease when I began to experience increasing congestive heart failure," Cheney said in a statement. After a series of recent tests and discussions with my doctors, I decided to take advantage of one of the new technologies available and have a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) implanted."

A doctor, who is part of his medical team, told NBC News that Cheney is "doing well now," but that the former vice president was short of breath and was experiencing "heart failure" before the device was implanted. He was "running on 3 cylinders. Now he's on 8," the doctor said.

The American Heart Association website defines the LVAD device as "a battery-operated, mechanical pump-type device that's surgically implanted. It helps maintain the pumping ability of a heart that can't effectively work on its own."

NBC's Steve Handelsman contributed reporting.

If you thought the man the dark lord, let it go. Truth is, his surgery and the publicity surrounding it will help one of your loved ones in the near future in all likelihood.

Good luck to him, it's cutting edge and the man has bad genes.

Forum List

Back