Cheney Fires Back in Debate Over Values

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040704/ap_on_el_pr/cheney&cid=694&ncid=716

Looks like Cheney is starting to bring out the heavy guns. I had to laugh at one statement in the article:

The Kerry campaign was quick to respond. "Considering that Dick Cheney got five deferments from the military to avoid combat, he's the last person who should be attacking Vietnam veteran John Kerry's commitment to the flag," said spokesman Phil Singer. He added that if the Bush campaign choses to use "shrill speeches, they're going to do so at their own peril."

Doesnt Kerry and his men ever get tired of talking about Kerry being Vietnam Vet? And why the heck is that relevant to the fact that Kerry voted against banning the burning of the American flag?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
[B And why the heck is that relevant to the fact that Kerry voted against banning the burning of the American flag? [/B]

I'm puzzled by the attitudes of both the courts as well as many people who support flag burning as an act protected by the constitution.

Funny - bashing a mailbox is a crime, but abusing the symbol of our country is "free speech".

Originally posted by Merlin1047
I'm puzzled by the attitudes of both the courts as well as many people who support flag burning as an act protected by the constitution.

Funny - bashing a mailbox is a crime, but abusing the symbol of our country is "free speech".

You can bash your own mailbox or burn your own flag, but to do either to mine will be a crime!

Forum List

Back