Cheney Charged?

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Cheney, Gonzales indicted in South Texas county - Yahoo! News

Cheney is charged with engaging in an organized criminal activity related to the vice president's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds financial interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees because of his link to the prison companies.

Megan Mitchell, a spokeswoman for Cheney, declined to comment on Tuesday, saying that the vice president had not yet received a copy of the indictment.

The indictment accuses Gonzales of using his position while in office to stop an investigation in 2006 into abuses at one of the privately-run prisons.

Gonzales' attorney, George Terwilliger III, said in a written statement, "This is obviously a bogus charge on its face, as any good prosecutor can recognize." He said he hoped Texas authorities would take steps to stop "this abuse of the criminal justice system."

More looney left antics.

Go ahead explain how a Vice President that has no contact with his holdings have anything to do with something one does? You remember the term Blind Trust?

Ohh and I suspect the Judge may not sign the complaints since they are clearly bullshit.

private prison companies running the federal detention centers.

Great.

Just what we need. Vesting our master class with encentives to put more people in prison.

And I'm betting more than half the people who think they love freedom, can't see why this is a really really bad idea, either.

Bush will issue pardons on all his folks that could implicate him. On just about the last days in office. He will pardon the convicted ones, and pardon those that haven't even gone to trial yet.

Called CYBA

Bush will issue pardons on all his folks that could implicate him. On just about the last days in office. He will pardon the convicted ones, and pardon those that haven't even gone to trial yet.

Called CYBA

do you think he'll beat clinton's record? got some serious catching up to do...

The following is a partial list of people pardoned by Bill Clinton[1]. As President Bill Clinton used his power under the U.S. Constitution to grant pardons and clemency to 456 people, On January 20, 2001, he pardoned 140 people in the final hours of his presidency[2].

List of people pardoned by Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of July 21, 2008,[1] President George W. Bush had issued 157 presidential pardons to people who have served their entire sentence, and has commuted in addition the sentences of six people.[2]

List of people pardoned by George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know......this kinda explains a LOT about GTMO.

Cheney had his own private jails there, he had the VP, and Bush Jr. is his meat puppet.

No wonder GTMO needs to be closed.

This is stupid.

We have to wait until Bush leaves office to indict Cheney, otherwise Bush will just pardon him.

While many may wish Cheney to be prosecuted for being Dr. Evil in the last eight years the fact remains he still is the V.P. of the United States and this case has zero merit on many different grounds. First is a jurisdictional one, second the fact he is V.P. and is immune from prosecution on this matter, and third even if this case is taken to some sympathetic judge he can be pardoned faster than you can say your name. While I am no fan of our current V.P. and his antics all this is an exercise to gain publicity. We all know that the new president-elect intends to close the complex at GITMO which will allow some of those people to take up arms against the US Military again as has happened when they have been released before. So no matter how badly many may want Dick Cheney to be sent prosecuted he won't be.

Navy, if we close GITMO, fewer people will have a reason to hate us. We are in a political war, and terrorism is a law enforcement problem, not a military one.

You know.......if God was to come back tomorrow and announce His presence, I'd like to see Him take out Cheney and Bush both with a meteor strike.

Small one with only a 10 ft blast circle and about 3 ft deep.

Navy, if we close GITMO, fewer people will have a reason to hate us. We are in a political war, and terrorism is a law enforcement problem, not a military one.

Ah, the Bill Clinton model of terrorism enforcement I see. You know something Chris, while I agree that leaving those people at GITMO in limbo without some thought out process was a very bad idea. What has resulted in the release of some of them is finding them taking up arms when they return home. So to simply say, lets let them go so the world will love us assumes that this gesture will suddenly change the minds of people who's stated purpose is our destruction. As for a law enforcement issue, so what would have been your proposal then after 9-11? Perhaps send the NYPD over to Afghanistan to arrest Bin Laden or the FBI? While law enforcement may apply when crimes are committed on our soil by domestic terrorists and can be tracked down that way and dealt with in that fashion it does not work at all when applied world wide as our laws end where our border does. The problem with the war on terror has been the limited application of it's enforcement in other words, war on the cheap. Using the last amount of resources with with limited scope to complete a mission. War Chris, should be applied brutally, with ALL the resources you have in your possession, with a clear plan , and done so in a manner that leaves no doubt as to the outcome.

RAYMONDVILLE, Texas – A Texas judge has set an arraignment for Vice President Dick Cheney, former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and other officials accused of involvement in prisoner abuse.

Presiding Judge Manuel Banales (buh-NAHL'-ehs) said Wednesday he will allow them to waive arraignment or have attorneys present rather than appear in person Friday.

Banales also said he would issue summonses, not warrants. That allows them to avoid arrest and the need to post bond.

Willacy County District Attorney Juan Guerra (GEHR'-uh) accuses Cheney, Gonzales, a state senator and others of involvement in prisoner abuse at a federal detention center in south Texas.

Defense attorney Tony Canales (kuh-NAHL'-ehs) accuses Guerra of "prosecutorial vindictiveness" and not following procedure.

Cheney's indictment in south Texas moves forward - Yahoo! News

While many may wish Cheney to be prosecuted for being Dr. Evil in the last eight years the fact remains he still is the V.P. of the United States and this case has zero merit on many different grounds. First is a jurisdictional one, second the fact he is V.P. and is immune from prosecution on this matter, and third even if this case is taken to some sympathetic judge he can be pardoned faster than you can say your name. While I am no fan of our current V.P. and his antics all this is an exercise to gain publicity. We all know that the new president-elect intends to close the complex at GITMO which will allow some of those people to take up arms against the US Military again as has happened when they have been released before. So no matter how badly many may want Dick Cheney to be sent prosecuted he won't be.

Thought this was about south texas..

You know what would be a DELICIOUS piece of irony?

Having Cheney get convicted and sent to GITMO for about 7 years.......

I hope it happens.

You know what would be a DELICIOUS piece of irony?

Having Cheney get convicted and sent to GITMO for about 7 years.......

I hope it happens.

Sailor , Fate has a sense of humor if you ask me, you only need to look at Mark Cuban to know that. *laughs* So who knows what fate and history have in mind for Dick Cheney, I personally think he will just fade into oblivion as peoples focus will be on the ever increasing crisis at hand. Look at the amount of George W. Bush noise that has died down as a result of recent history. I suggest that when President-elect Obama takes office the focus will be so much on the current administration that the Bush years will get a ewww from people as they continue to struggle for solutions for current problems.

I'd still like to see both of 'em share a cell in GITMO. Hell....put Paulson, Chertoff, Gonzales and the rest of the dirty bastards there also and let the others go home.

But......tell the others that go, if they're caught again, they will be dead.

Forum List

Back