Cheney an accomplice in 9/11 attacks

Dr Grump said:
I'm not talking about replacing the House of Saud, just pressuring them to lighten up on civil liberties so eventually they will be like the Queens/Kings of England, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Holland etc - just figureheads..

I think they are too busy protecting themselves from al quaeda attacks to lighten up a whole lot right now.

Dr Grump said:
So why not go after the House of Saud...

Is not the problem...the problem is with the religious leaders in Islam..I live in Nevada and if you have ever been to Las Vegas or Reno you would have witnessed the Royal Families antics...when they come to party they "Party Hardy" With the gals the head scarfs come off...the hemline goes up...drinking,dancing,gambling takes over...the guys are "Party animals" I'm sure if they could they would dismiss most if not all radical religious leaders! Maybe-just maybe someday they will get the cahunas and say enough is enough! :ali:

hey_kool_aid4.jpg

Iraq didn't "resolve" the terror problem. We were attacked by Saudis.
So invade SA?

Then (as I've said elsewhere) you address the root causes of terror
And just what might those be?

do things like get the Saudis to educate their own freaking kids and shut down the madrassas. Then you do something about their 30% unemployment rate so they have better things to do with their lives than blow themselves up for Allah....
And how might we do that?

That's actually a really good question. My answer is that it happens when one puts ignorance and poverty together with religious fanatacism. Fundamentalism is horribly dangerous.
How do you explain the middle class suicide bombers.

I'm not convinced the real enemy is Islam, in general. I've read the koran and know more than a few Arab people. They aren't angry and blowing up stuff.
I don't think all Muslims are terrorists, but I also know that I don't hear about Christian suicide bombers, and it seems like most of the world's current conflicts seem to be Islamic extremist terrorists vs. ______.

Forum List

Back