'Chemical weapons' found in Iraq

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
back to the issue though, i'm rather dissapointed with it. I'd have switched sides quickly if it had been proven.

maybe next find....
and what if the biohazard material were found 10 miles away in someone's basement? If the missiles could be the transit, and we know he had bio stuff, does it really matter that they weren't found buried together?

does it really matter that they weren't found buried together?

problem is that they weren't found, period. Therein lies the fault of the whole situation. For over 10 years we've had people in our government saying he had these weapons, we know he had them because he used them on his own people. Where are they? Did he get rid of them like the UN said he didn't have any verifiable weapons?

We can't prove that he had them recently and he didn't prove that he got rid of them. We invaded and now we need to prove our accusations, otherwise we'll start to face the issues turning up in the other wmd article I posted today.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
problem is that they weren't found, period. Therein lies the fault of the whole situation. For over 10 years we've had people in our government saying he had these weapons, we know he had them because he used them on his own people. Where are they? Did he get rid of them like the UN said he didn't have any verifiable weapons?

We can't prove that he had them recently and he didn't prove that he got rid of them. We invaded and now we need to prove our accusations, otherwise we'll start to face the issues turning up in the other wmd article I posted today.
I don't think the UN said he didn't have any. And like I said before, the burden of proof is on him to prove he got rid of them pursuant to the agreement. He didn't.

I am not convinced that Bush lied when he relied on intelligence nor am I convinced that these WMD do not exist. It might forever be a grey area altogether. However, we are not on that tightrope alone. More than the US are here on the rope with us. And I just can't get past the fact that he was given years to prove it. A decade.

I'm not minimizing the issues raised in the other article. However, I can't agree to running this country based on what others outside this country want. I have to advocate for doing what's right. It was right for us to do what we did. We should have done it sooner. We should have done it swifter. We should have done it to more people.

I must say that I agree with something I saw on CNBC last night. A democratic candidate was talking about politics being like marriage. He said that he and his wife of 37 years didn't always see eye to eye. Sometimes they discussed the issue and agreed in the end; sometimes they discussed and still went their separate ways. But they were in this for the greater good and the long haul. Not all differences necessitate a divorce, if you will. There are many countries who do things we don't agree with and we don't automatically cut all diplomatic ties just to spite them. If other countries choose to do that, so be it. They can ill afford to do so for a variety of reasons.

Forum List

Back