Chemical Bomb in Syria?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Has anyone heard that news report about the King of Jordan not coming for his visit with the President because his men caught syrians sneaking across the border with a chemical bomb? i heard Glenn Beck was saying something like that or another this morning but i wasnt able to listen.

I also heard of that. According to the stories I read they thought the chemical weapons came from Iraq... imagine that, WMDs in Iraq. Don't tell the anti-war Left!

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Has anyone heard that news report about the King of Jordan not coming for his visit with the President because his men caught syrians sneaking across the border with a chemical bomb? i heard Glenn Beck was saying something like that or another this morning but i wasnt able to listen.

My husband was just telling me about it last night,and funny enough was wondering why it wasn't making bigger news. From what I heard it was 20 tons of it-go figure the media doesn't want to say much. Something big must have happened with Kobe or Michael.

This is what happens when ya back down from a red line ultimatum...
eek.gif

Dozens suffocate, including children, in suspected Syria gas attack
Wednesday 5th April, 2017 - A suspected Syrian government chemical attack killed scores of people, including children, in the northwestern province of Idlib on Tuesday, a monitoring group, medics and rescue workers in the rebel-held area said.
The U.S. government believes the chemical agent sarin was used in the attack, a U.S. government source said, adding it was “almost certainly” carried out by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Warning: Graphic content: Doctors treat victims of suspected Syrian gas attack (The Associated Press) The Syrian military denied responsibility and said it would never use chemical weapons, echoing denials it has made over the course of the more than six-year Syrian civil war that has killed hundreds of thousands, created the world’s worst refugee crisis and drawn in nations such as Russia, Iran and the United States. The United States, Britain and France on Tuesday proposed a United Nations Security Council resolution condemning the attack, which they have blamed on Assad’s forces. Diplomats said the resolution would likely be put to a vote on Wednesday.

The attack also sparked political recriminations. U.S. President Donald Trump condemned the “heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime,” but also blamed his predecessor Barack Obama’s “weakness” on Syria. A Syrian opposition figure said it was a consequence of recent U.S. statements suggesting a focus on stopping Islamic State militants rather than ousting Assad. If confirmed, the incident reported in the town of Khan Sheikhoun would be the deadliest chemical attack in Syria since sarin gas killed hundreds of civilians in Ghouta near Damascus in August 2013. Western states said the Syrian government was responsible for that attack. Damascus blamed rebels. The head of the health authority in rebel-held Idlib province said more than 50 people had been killed and 300 wounded in the latest incident. The Union of Medical Care Organizations, a coalition of international aid agencies that funds hospitals in Syria, said the death toll was at least 100.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the attack killed at least 58 people and was believed to have been carried out by Syrian government jets. It caused many people to choke and some to foam at the mouth. Director Rami Abdulrahman told Reuters the assessment that Syrian government warplanes were to blame was based on several factors such as the type of aircraft, including Sukhoi 22 jets, that carried out the raid. “We deny completely the use of any chemical or toxic material in Khan Sheikhoun town today and the army has not used nor will use in any place or time neither in past or in future,” the Syrian army command said in a statement.

The Russian Defence Ministry, whose forces are backing Assad, said its aircraft had not carried out the attack. The UN Security Council was expected to meet on Wednesday to discuss the incident. Reuters photographs showed people breathing through oxygen masks and wearing protection suits, while others carried the bodies of dead children. Corpses wrapped in blankets were lined up on the ground. Activists in northern Syria circulated pictures on social media showing a man with foam around his mouth, and rescue workers hosing down almost-naked children squirming on the floor.

BLAME GAME

See also:

UN says up to seven million people in critical need of food in Syria
Wednesday 5th April, 2017: Up to seven million people are in critical need of food in Syria and the situation is getting worse every day as the war drags on, a senior official at the United Nations' food programme said on Tuesday.
The war in Syria, which has entered its seventh year, has killed some 320,000 people, displaced millions and thrown civilians into dire living conditions. "The number of people who are in need of food assistance in Syria has exceeded six-seven million, people who are in critical food need," Muhannad Hadi, the U.N. World Food Programme's regional director told Reuters. "As days pass, as months and weeks pass, the number of people who are in need is increasing. And the situation on the ground is not improving at all... In crisis like Syria, the ones who suffer the most are definitely the children."

Hadi, in Brussels for an international conference on Syria organised by the European Union, said WFP delivers food parcels to four million people in Syria and feeds nearly two million people in the neighbouring states every month. The EU contributes funding to the WFP Syria programme, which, according to Hadi, is mostly restrained by the problems of reaching many parts of Syria.

According to the U.N., food production has dropped to an all-time low in Syria. Many farmers have had to abandon their land, unable to afford the soaring costs of seeds, fertilizers and tractor fuel. Wheat output, vital for making flat loaves of bread which are a staple of the Syrian diet, has fallen very sharply.

UN says up to seven million people in critical need of food in Syria

Last edited:
="5stringJeff, post: 70687, member: 41"]I also heard of that. According to the stories I read they thought the chemical weapons came from Iraq... imagine that, WMDs in Iraq. Don't tell the anti-war Left

Syria's government denied it carried out any chemical attack. But early on Wednesday, Russia, a major ally of the Syrian government, alleged a Syrian airstrike hit a rebel arsenal, releasing the toxic agents.

The Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov, said in a statement that Russian military assets registered the strike on a weapons depot and ammunition factory on the town's eastern outskirts. Konashenkov said the factory produced chemical weapons that were used in Iraq.

from above article Newsmax.

Jesus these people are fucking crazy. They really want us to believe that despite facts proving Assad used chemical weapons on rebels before, that THIS time the chemicals released came from his air force blowing up a rebel chemical weapons factory? For fuck's sake...

How the fuck can these people live with themselves and the things they do and then lie about it?

Jesus these people are fucking crazy. They really want us to believe that despite facts proving Assad used chemical weapons on rebels before, that THIS time the chemicals released came from his air force blowing up a rebel chemical weapons factory? For fuck's sake...

How the fuck can these people live with themselves and the things they do and then lie about it?

Actually, it was never proved that the Government used chemical weapons. Quite the contrary, what was proven is that the insurgent Islamists used chemical weapons.

UN accuses Syrian rebels of carrying out sarin gas attacks which had been blamed on Assad's troops

Read more: UN accuses Syrian rebels of carrying out sarin gas attacks which had been blamed on Assad's troops | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What the Donald gonna do about it?...
confused.gif

Eyewitnesses tell of horror in Syria gas attack
April 4, 2017 — Dozens of people are dead after a suspected chemical attack in the Khan Shaykhun neighborhood of Idlib province, Syria. Yahoo News spoke to several eyewitnesses via WhatsApp and Facebook.
One Syrian activist, Zouhir, said his brother is in Idlib. Zouhir told Yahoo News, “The attacks started at 7 a.m. in the area. Civil defense [rescue teams] responded right away but didn’t know where the attack had come from. As they were helping people, another sudden attack took place near the hospital.” Zouhir said his brother reported more than one attack in the area, and that rescuers had identified the chemical as “sarin gas” based on victims’ symptoms like “yellow material coming out of their mouth, then blood, and difficulty breathing.” Photos and video have emerged on social media showing children piled on the ground, half naked and extremely thin, suggesting severe malnutrition. Another video showed children dead, with their eyes open. Bodies including those of women could be seen strewn in the streets.

An eyewitness, Zadi, said he saw a little girl who looked like she “had butter coming out of her mouth” and that when people were rushing toward the hospital, they were “targeted with rocket-propelled grenades.” Yet another eyewitness, Yaman, also spoke with Yahoo News and said he went to see what happened at the hospital; while there, “Khan Shaykun was directly targeted by [several] air raids, by Russian aircraft — it destroyed the hospital and caused the deaths of children inside who were receiving treatment.” He called the attacks a “massacre.” The Russian Defense Ministry has denied claims that its aircraft were involved in the attack.

One doctor treating victims, Dr. Feras al-Jundi, went to a hospital in a neighborhood not far from Khan Shaykhun to help. He said the scene was ghastly: “I saw a lot of victims. The hospital was filled with them. There were a lot of unconscious people,” he said. “I tried to help the women, children and old men. I saw more than 10 [dead], and then the hospital was attacked three times. People were in a state of anxiety and fear.” He blames the Syrian government for the attack. But a Syrian military official denied the accusations and stated that the government “has not and does not use [chemical weapons], not in the past and not in the future, because it does not have them in the first place.”

Eyewitnesses tell of horror in Syria gas attack

See also:

US Talks of Action After 'Heinous' Chemical Attack in Syria
5 Apr 2017 | An alleged chemical attack in Syria requires a response by the U.S., President Trump and Defense Secretary Mattis said Wednesday.
President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis strongly suggested Wednesday that the U.S. would take action against Syria for an alleged chemical attack against civilians, but both stopped short of specifying the use of military force. "Militarily, I don't like to say where I'm going, what I'm doing," Trump said at a joint White House news conference with Jordan's King Abdullah II. "I'm not saying what I'm doing one way or the other," Trump said, but added that the scenes of writhing and dead children following the attack Tuesday had profoundly changed his attitude toward the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

At the Pentagon, Mattis said the suspected chemical attack in the northern Syrian province of Idlib was "a heinous act and will be treated as such." He did not elaborate or respond to further questions at a meeting with Singaporean Defense Minister Ng Eng Hen. Mattis has sought and been granted approval by Trump for an accelerated campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, but the administration's position on Assad and the Russian support for the regime has been unclear. Any military action against Assad's forces would risk hitting Russian troops, who are closely intertwined with the regime's military.

Outside the northeastern Syrian city of Manbij, Russian troops are on the ground with regime forces and within sight of a small contingent of Army Rangers sent to the town as a "visible presence" to prevent a takeover, according to Army Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, commander of Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve. In the past, Trump has said he is open to the possibility of declaring and defending safe zones inside Syria for refugees, but the U.S. military has consistently warned of the cost and difficulty of taking on that responsibility amid the six-year-old civil war that has killed more than 400,000 and displaced an estimated 10 million.

Earlier this week, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that Assad remaining in power is a matter for the Syrian people to decide. White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said, "There is a political reality that we have to accept" in terms of Assad's position. However, Trump said at the joint news conference that "my attitude toward Syria and Assad has changed" as the result of the alleged chemical attack. "I like to think of myself as a flexible person. I do change, and I'm flexible. That attack on children yesterday had a big impact on me." As he has previously, Trump blamed the crisis in Syria on former President Barack Obama and his failure to take action after stating that a chemical attack would be a "red line" requiring a military response. At the time, Trump tweeted that "there is no upside, tremendous downside" to taking military action against Syria.

MORE

Forum List

Back