Chelsea & The Peacock

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I never watch NBC News; so I had completely forgotten Chelsea Clinton was working for the peacock. It looks like she is not doing well:

I know there are questions on my beat larger and more pressing than who’s worse as a TV journalist, Chelsea Clinton or Jenna Bush Hager, the presidentially-connected, pretend correspondents at NBC News.

But I continue to be fascinated by a network news division putting someone as outrageously unqualified as Clinton on a prime-time newsmagazine. I watched her again last week in a softer-than-soft piece on a weight loss program started by Pastor Rick Warren at his Saddleback Church, and I can say with absolute certainty that she has not improved one lick in the last year.

In fact, I think she is worse than when she started this job for which NBC News President Steve Capus said “it’s as if she had been preparing her whole life.”

Chelsea Clinton, Still NBC’s Pretend Journalist
by David Zurawik
December 29th, 2012

Chelsea Clinton, Still NBC’s Pretend Journalist | Daily Download

After reading about Chelsea Clinton I was reminded of a great line by James Thurber talking about his college days:

It wasn‟t that agricultural student but it was another a whole lot like him who decided to take up journalism, possibly on the ground that when farming went to hell he could fall back on newspaper work.

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/...partments/aphonors/Thurber_UniversityDays.pdf

It seems that Chelsea fell back on journalism after first daughter went to hell.

I commented on Chelsea and not Jenna Bush because Laura Bush probably won’t run for president in 2016. And because:

Washington can be a cruel and unforgiving place. Want a friend? Harry Truman once said. Get a dog. Or maybe he didn’t say it. But it’s a good point: In this town, nobody gets a free pass from the press, the pundits and the pols.

Nobody, that is, until Hillary Clinton.

They never blame Hillary
By AARON DAVID MILLER

They never blame Hillary - From Our Inbox - MiamiHerald.com

It’s nice to see that Hillary has a special friend over at NBC.

Let me close on a serious note.

Politicians and journalists must be master liars; so it’s fair to assume that Chelsea’s bloodlines would make her a proficient journalist. And she surely inherited the do-gooder gene from both parents. Let’s give credit where credit is due. Bill & Hill have been saving the world since they arrived from Dogpatch.

The Clinton family now consists of two politicians who do not need a license for anything, and one journalist with a license to save the world. Chelsea’s license is better than a license to practice medicine. A doctor saves one patient at a time; a journalist is licensed to save the world every day. If not save the world, then at least “Make a difference.” Now if only Chelsea would learn her trade she could be a big help to her mother in 2016.

Forum List

Back