Chelsea Just Wasn't Into Her Speech

I've made a good livelihood as a behaviorial therapist, an' I was a very good one.
While watching Chelseas' speech last night, the lack of passion was evident along with an incongruent look in her eyes that failed to match the words she was reading.

I purposely watched a repeat of her speech, and I do detect a 'Mommie Dearest' aspect to it.

I might be wrong, but, Chelseas' affect during her speech still haunts me.

She looked a little tired. Maybe it was because she delivered a baby 5 weeks ago.

Yeah......I'm sure that was it........:haha:...........

An SD is a stimulus in the presence of which a response will be reinforced. It is a cue that a particular response will pay off. May also be called a stimulus for reinforcement.

Did I get it?
Yep. Next quiz question: Give me an example of an Sr-

Is that negative reinforcement?

No Darkness -> Press Light Switch -> Darkness Present

??

The 1st part is correct. The second part you could arguably be describing "positive" reinforcement. There was no darkness, a behavior occurred, and darkness was added.

Change the wording: It was too bright, a behavior occurred, and the aversive brightness went away. That's negative reinforcement.

The difference is determined based on the individual, and what they are reinforced and punished by.

I read the wrong line...

Light Present -> Press light switch -> Light gone
:thup:

So pressing the light switch made the light go away... will the subject be more or less likely to press light switches from now on when it's too bright?

Based on what I found below I would think the subject is more likely to press the light switch if the bright light is uncomfortable.

Negative reinforcement occurs when something already present is removed (taken away) as a result of a person's behaviour, creating a favourable outcome for that person. Basically, when a person's behaviour leads to the removal of something that was unpleasant to that person then negative reinforcement is occuring.

Forum List

Back