Chelsea Clinton dismisses Lewinsky question

I really don't see anything inappropriate about asking the question since Hillary's image is directly related her support.

You don't think it was inappropriate asking his daughter about it?

Then I suppose you think it's ok to continue to ask John McCain about his relationship with the lobbyist?

Oh right, that doesn't count.....

not to mention that it has nothing whatsoever to do with Hillary.

Then I suppose you think it's ok to continue to ask John McCain about his relationship with the lobbyist?

Yes it does. Her image is important as is anything that might affect it negatively or positively. And I have no problem with anyone asking McCain about lobbyists. You want to campaign for someone, better grow a damn thick skin.

I believe I already pointed out the error of your opinion.

The question was in fact not rude nor offensive, and very much relevant to the topic of Hillary running for political office.

And no, Chelsea was NOT justified in her response, whether or not it was a member of the media or an "audience member." The media was in attendance.

In case you've missed it, the media has been portraying the Clintons -- even Bill -- as assholes playing dirty against poor little Obama. This just makes her look like another Clinton asshole.

The error of my OPINION? Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

We disagree. IMO, asking Chelsea about her parent's relationship, is tasteless and tacky and was nothing but an effort to belittle her. I'd feel the same way if someone asked McCain's kid if screwing around on his first wife and subsequent divorce was a reflection of his character. Ask the candidates themselves if you wish, but asking the candidates children is just plain rude.

The hilarious part about this whole matter is that the student who asked the question is a supporter of Hillary and was concerned that the Lewinsky affair had impacted negatively on Hillary's image and that had transferred over to her presidential campaign. Chelsea missed a golden opportunity to answer this question in a positive way. The acorn surely does not fall far from the tree in the case of Chelsea.

Do try and keep up. It has EVERYTHING to do with Hillary. THAT was the question asked.

It's no more inappropriate asking Chelsea if she's campigning for Hillary that it is MaryJane Rottencrotch. If she can't handle the fire, she needs to stay out of the kitchen.

And what is it with you lefties and these REALLY not even close, attempted correlations?

If McCain has an inappropriate relationship with a lobbyist, I have ZERO problem with it being questioned. At the same time, please DO try and differentiate between asking Bill about his relationship with Monica while he is running for office (which is NOT happening) and asking a campaigner on Hillary's behalf if she thinks Hillary;s hunsbands extramarital activities have hurt her public image insofar as this CURRENT run for office is concerned.

It's like y'all can't get past the Bill-Monica thing to even contemplate the actual topic. It isn't about Bill-Monica. It's about Hillary's public image. Simple, primary school English. It's just NOT that hard.

The error of my OPINION? Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

We disagree. IMO, asking Chelsea about her parent's relationship, is tasteless and tacky and was nothing but an effort to belittle her. I'd feel the same way if someone asked McCain's kid if screwing around on his first wife and subsequent divorce was a reflection of his character. Ask the candidates themselves if you wish, but asking the candidates children is just plain rude.

Again, you are incorrect. Opinions can be EITHER right or wrong. Yours is based on an emotional response that does not address the topic at hand; rather, your brain critical thinking ability shuts off at Bill-Monica.

This isn't about asking the candidate's kid. It's about the question. If the candidate's kid can't handle the job, she needs to step down. She is campaigning on behalf of her mother's bid for the US Presidency, not PTA President. I find it riduculous that you assert she should be asked any different questions than anyone else campaigning for Hillary.

And yet another screwy attempted correlation. If McCain screwing around on his first wife was an issue, I could care less if he was asked about it, and if one of his kids was campaigning for him, I could care less if the kid was asked about it IF it had a possible effect on the current election.

The hilarious part about this whole matter is that the student who asked the question is a supporter of Hillary and was concerned that the Lewinsky affair had impacted negatively on Hillary's image and that had transferred over to her presidential campaign. Chelsea missed a golden opportunity to answer this question in a positive way. The acorn surely does not fall far from the tree in the case of Chelsea.

Y'know, I was going to mention that, but wasn't sure. I completely agree. A totally innocent question from a (probably used to be) Hillary supporter.

I also agree that Chelsea blew it out her butt. If nothing else, she could have politely deflected. Hillary can't afford any alienated supporters right now; which, is the point I've been trying to make all along to a rather dense crowd it appears.

Again, you are incorrect. Opinions can be EITHER right or wrong. Yours is based on an emotional response that does not address the topic at hand; rather, your brain critical thinking ability shuts off at Bill-Monica.

This isn't about asking the candidate's kid. It's about the question. If the candidate's kid can't handle the job, she needs to step down. She is campaigning on behalf of her mother's bid for the US Presidency, not PTA President. I find it riduculous that you assert she should be asked any different questions than anyone else campaigning for Hillary.

And yet another screwy attempted correlation. If McCain screwing around on his first wife was an issue, I could care less if he was asked about it, and if one of his kids was campaigning for him, I could care less if the kid was asked about it IF it had a possible effect on the current election.

I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong for thinking differently than I do. Feel free to disagree all you want. IMO, it's the classic are you still beating your wife question. Embrace it as you want.

Chelsea said she didn't have sex with anyone yet.....

(according to her Daddy, anyway):rofl:

It's deja vu all over again.

MSNBC has a link to the story,, the guy who asked the question is a big supporter of momahosebag. His question was to be a plug for Hillary, but it didn't get the opportunity because Chelsea was horemonally imbalanced that day. The review of the question supports my position that the question, as asked was germain and it didn't require the retort Chelsea gave. It shows weakness in Chelsea's own belief that her mom has a chance at winning..

Forum List

Back